[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:36 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Bad play. He's got to learn to take sack there
I’ll shoot the entire contents of my sack into your mouth bitch
[Reply]
TLO 11:37 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Unless a frame or two later his knee comes down or something? I dunno. I’m confused by this thread.

Also, I don’t think forward progress can be reviewed anyway.
It can't be reviewed, but it can be called in bullshit situations.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:37 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What about his wrist? Does his wrist count?
No. Love you bro but this thread was a poor take.
[Reply]
-King- 11:38 AM 09-22-2021
Only the back of your hand counts as "down".
[Reply]
TLO 11:38 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
No. Love you bro but this thread was a poor take.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Bad play. He's got to learn to take sack there
Worse than that. He didn't need to take the sack.

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

Then he compounded the problem with an ill-advised throw.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:44 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

He vacated a clean pocket. His Ts had kept the middle open for him and Humphrey had the block and the angle on his man. Mahomes, instead of taking 2 steps up and hitting Kelce over the middle, abandoned the pocket outright, blew Humphries blocking angle and got himself hit.

It was very possibly the worst single rep I have ever seen from Mahomes. There was simply no reason for it and nothing redeemable about it.

Great, great, GREAT player who was the reason we went shot for shot with Baltimore in that game. But that was a truly awful play.
That's because he wanted to get a 1st down, not just Alex Smith it to a 4th and 4 scenario when we would punt anyway. I have seen many worst decision's by Mahomes than this one, even though they are few and far between.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:48 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's because he wanted to get a 1st down, not just Alex Smith it to a 4th and 4 scenario when we would punt anyway. I have seen many worst decision's by Mahomes than this one, even though they are few and far between.
Kelce in space is never a give-up play.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:51 AM 09-22-2021
My understanding of limbs regarding the NFL, ABOVE the knee and ABOVE the elbow are the metrics for ground contact. Or perhaps more accurately, knee and above or elbow and above.

For instance, if entire forearm right up to the start of elbow hits the ground, keep running, elbow full-on with any bit above and you are down.

Kneel down in EZ on kickoff, full knee w/top of kneecap. If you graze your shin and maybe bottom of knee plate while scrambling, keep running.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:55 AM 09-22-2021
Forward momentum doesn't apply here since he was falling forward, too.

Just a rare very, very, very bad play by Mahomes.

I said it at the time but I literally can't remember a worse play by him.

Still my guy forever.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:56 AM 09-22-2021
At least Mahomes is in that mindset where he has to score every possession, because it's looking like we're getting 2018 redux.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:56 AM 09-22-2021
Good play, bad outcome. I'm moving on to next week. I know in my heart that we won that game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Forward momentum doesn't apply here since he was falling forward, too.

Just a rare very, very, very bad play by Mahomes.

I said it at the time but I literally can't remember a worse play by him.

Still my guy forever.
Just go watch the gif of his TD throw to Robinson on a loop for 5 minutes and you'll remember that he's our perfect sweet baby boy.

Because as 'holy shit' as that play was, it's probably not on the top 20 list of his best throws.

He's so absurdly good at this...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:58 AM 09-22-2021

I don’t think Mahomes is ever going to be a Montana/Brady type where he just glides around in the pocket. This is who he is. He’s human, but He’s going to win a majority of his battles though.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:59 AM 09-22-2021
Just go watch the gif of his TD throw to Robinson on a loop for 5 minutes and you'll remember that he's our perfect sweet baby boy.

Because as 'holy shit' as that play was, it's probably not on the top 20 list of his best throws.

He's so absurdly good at this...
Yep, was mad at the outcome, wasn't mad at him. He's earned the eternal free pass to fuck up.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up