ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why doesn't Jerick Mckinnon get some carries?
chiefs1111 09:46 PM 09-19-2021
Does he not know the playbook or something?
[Reply]
oldman 03:24 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
If I were the raiders, I'd grab Gore just to screw us over. Or the Broncos.
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If we're not going to play McKinnon than Gore should be on the roster to protect him from getting nabbed. D. Williams can be Andy's "trusted vet" if we're just not going to use McKinnon.
For all we know, Gore is one of the four on the PS squad "do not touch" list. That said, I'd like to see a little more RB by committee if we're going to run the ball. It's clear running between the tackles isn't CEH's forte, at least right now. If we're going to carry a FB, pound it with him on 2nd and 2 or 3 once in awhile.
[Reply]
TEX 03:46 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by VAChief:
This...we knew he didn't have long speed, but that is okay. It has to be a gaping hole for him to get more than a couple of yards. Seems worse than last year even.

He moves around like he is Barry Sanders, but has the burst of Jim Otis (for you old timers).
Hadn't heard THAT name in awhile. But yes....
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:20 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Can we pump the brakes on the Clyde hate? He had a fine rookie season (not spectacular, but fine). This was his first career fumble on 247 touches.

McKinnon fumbled 3 times on 201 touches in 2017 (his last season with meaningful playing time). He's averaged below 4.0 YPC every year since 2015 (!), compared to Clyde's 4.3 career YPC.

Is Clyde's recent lack of production frustrating? Sure. But I'm not sure benching him for McKinnon is the right move at this point.
don't come in here with that solid reasoning...😛
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:29 PM 09-21-2021
My guess is we absolutely will be seeing more of him

Because if Clyde can’t justify the starter role much longer, they’ll be forced to switch it up… and play down whatever’s going on with him
[Reply]
oldman 05:43 PM 09-21-2021
I still think part of the problem is his timing. A new O-line that doesn't have it's communication and timing down yet doesn't help.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:58 PM 09-21-2021
Some of ya’ll are getting Darwin Thompson eyes over Derrick Gore.

The dude is probably trash
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:02 PM 09-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Can we pump the brakes on the Clyde hate? He had a fine rookie season (not spectacular, but fine). This was his first career fumble on 247 touches.

McKinnon fumbled 3 times on 201 touches in 2017 (his last season with meaningful playing time). He's averaged below 4.0 YPC every year since 2015 (!), compared to Clyde's 4.3 career YPC.

Is Clyde's recent lack of production frustrating? Sure. But I'm not sure benching him for McKinnon is the right move at this point.

Damien Williams was a sub 4.0 ypc back before joining the Chiefs
[Reply]
bevischief 10:31 PM 09-21-2021
He can only fumble the ball....
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:17 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Damien Williams was a sub 4.0 ypc back before joining the Chiefs
Damien Williams was fucking terrible int he 19 regular season but got his shit together for the playoffs so people remember him fondly.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:21 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Because we burned a first round pick on a RB
was just going to say this
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 09-22-2021
I like Mckinnon a lot, but he has an injury history. I think he'll get more carries with time, though.

I also think Clyde is going to put it together and play well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:42 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Damien Williams was fucking terrible int he 19 regular season but got his shit together for the playoffs so people remember him fondly.
We tend to give him a longer leash because he was pretty darn good when he became the guy taking over for Hunt in 18. And he was injured to start the 19 season, so when he started balling out in the playoffs again, people assumed he was supposed to be that kind of player all along.

I read on here (don't know the truth to it) that he didn't take his rehabbing seriously in 2019 or something like that, so after he opted out, Veach and Andy were just like, "Meh... would rather have the cash TBH"
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 06:54 PM 01-08-2022
Guy earned more playing time today!! He also worked well with the O-line with his vision and not bouncing off their asses.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:59 PM 01-08-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I like Mckinnon a lot, but he has an injury history. I think he'll get more carries with time, though.

I also think Clyde is going to put it together and play well.
He's a short term answer to a depth issue. If he balls out in the playoffs and gets injured...meh...
[Reply]
Dark Horse 07:02 PM 01-08-2022
He showed patience and burst nice combination with our line
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up