< 12 3456 >
Media Center>The Suicide Squad
Sure-Oz 02:53 PM 07-28-2021
Looks like it's opening Aug 6th

Rotten tomatoes score 98% on 54 reviews. Damn
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:22 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Drops on HBOMax at 6 central time tonight!
I really want to see this in theaters... definitely a decision to make. But it's a cheap ticket for me
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:35 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I really want to see this in theaters... definitely a decision to make. But it's a cheap ticket for me
Yea. I guess it’s showing in imax in some places. That would be cool
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:33 PM 08-05-2021
Not even a trailer for it?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
****ing pandemic is raging in Florida. Not ready to back to indoor movies yet. In “normal” times, it would be a definite one to see in theaters.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:51 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
****ing pandemic is raging in Florida. Not ready to back to indoor movies yet. In “normal” times, it would be a definite one to see in theaters.
Drive in?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:30 AM 08-06-2021
Instead of another dead serious save the world BS movie it was fun, gloriously campy and humorous. The soundtrack even kicked ass. Believe the hype. James Gunn does it again.

And I believe the first DC post credits scene?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:10 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Not even a trailer for it?
Here you go. Looks great.

Trailer is most definitely NSFW.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:11 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Instead of another dead serious save the world BS movie it was fun, gloriously campy and humorous. The soundtrack even kicked ass. Believe the hype. James Gunn does it again.

And I believe the first DC post credits scene?
Yea, I liked it overall. It got way too campy and absurd for me at times. Very funny in parts. Had like 2-3 one liners that were true clap your hands moments. It’s definitely James Gunn dialed up to an 11 out of 10.
[Reply]
bowener 08:52 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
The director has been on Twitter lately saying the first movie isn’t his movie. They cut it all up. Praise for James Gunn as well.

Personally, I liked the first movie…..

Damn. I don't remember the ComicCon trailer, but that is certainly the version I would rather see.

Link to trailer.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:54 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
Damn. I don't remember the ComicCon trailer, but that is certainly the version I would rather see.

Link to trailer.
What’s funny is Gunns ‘The Suicide Squad’ is 100% camp comedy, and everyone complained about ‘Suicide Squad’ recut which added more comedy.

There are parts of ‘Suicide Squad’ I liked better than ‘The Suicide Squad’. Gunns is a better overall film though with character arcs and payoff moments.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:13 PM 08-06-2021
I think Jared Leto's look, not necessarily his performance, turned alot of people off in the first movie, also Killer Croc was designed horribly as well. I understand that you can update a character's design, but the over reliance on tattoos and a grill, was stepping over alot of people boundary lines. Then with Croc you gave him what looks like sagging Croc titties, tried to paint on muscles, and his head is far too large in comparison to his body. It doesn't give the characters the intimidation factor that they demand and so you don't take them as seriously due to it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:20 PM 08-06-2021
I’ll probably watch this on HBO. So what’s the back story here? This is a replacement of the first one? Basically pretending it didn’t happen in the DC universe?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:57 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ll probably watch this on HBO. So what’s the back story here? This is a replacement of the first one? Basically pretending it didn’t happen in the DC universe?
Continuation. Some of the originals are there besides Robbie. But focus is on the new squad members and Robbie. Totally different film and feel.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:30 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
No. Sequel/soft reboot. Several characters from the first movie return. Although, no mention of the first movie, not than I can remember? So it’s not necessary to have seen the first.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:25 PM 08-06-2021
Watched it last night, marked improvement from the first movie. Credit James Gunn for directing a fun movie.

One nit pick, and going to spoiler tag this as it gives away major plot points.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up