ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Woodstock ‘99 Documentary
BigRedChief 12:50 AM 07-24-2021
Have you seen this on HBO and HBO Max? It’s very well done but it’s such a slice of the cultural back then. I never knew the extent of how bad things got during that weekend for the 300K in attendance.
[Reply]
Miles 06:56 PM 07-24-2021
I remembered the 94 one but not really 99. Pretty interesting and didn’t remember the of how big of a shitfest it was.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:04 PM 07-24-2021
I would watch this doc. if i had HBO,i'm sure its interesting.I remember the 99 Woodstock being notorious mostly because of the coverage on MTV and maybe VH1 had some specials about it.And mostly Limp Bizkit basically inciting a riot and getting blamed for the chaos.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:08 PM 07-24-2021
I need to pick up HBO for a month and watch the good stuff. I listen to a Russillo and Simmons on the Ringer, who produced this doc. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:54 PM 07-24-2021
2 hour doc that probably could have been edited down to an hour.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I would watch this doc. if i had HBO,i'm sure its interesting.I remember the 99 Woodstock being notorious mostly because of the coverage on MTV and maybe VH1 had some specials about it.And mostly Limp Bizkit basically inciting a riot and getting blamed for the chaos.
yeah they made them aware of the bad shit happening and instead of trying to get people to chill out, Limp Bizkit egged them on.

Also the fires started during the RHCP set. They asked the Red Hot Chili Peppers before their encore to ask the fans to stop setting fires. Not only did they tell the promoters to **** off they played Jimi Hendricks “Fire” song as an encore to be more in the face of the promoters for daring to ask them to calm things down.

There is being against the man. Being a rebel etc. and then there is deliberately making the violence worse among your own fans on purpose.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:32 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah they made them aware of the bad shit happening and instead of trying to get people to chill out, Limp Bizkit egged them on.

Also the fires started during the RHCP set. They asked the Red Hot Chili Peppers before their encore to ask the fans to stop setting fires. Not only did they tell the promoters to **** off they played Jimi Hendricks “Fire” song as an encore to be more in the face of the promoters for daring to ask them to calm things down.

There is being against the man. Being a rebel etc. and then there is deliberately making the violence worse among your own fans on purpose.
I kind of remember that about the RHCP,but i hope they didnt realize the severity of the violence going on at the time they played that song.But,who knows,sounds like maybe they did.Maybe old Fred Dirst took too much of the blame,for starting it,but i never did particulary care for him or his band.
[Reply]
eDave 10:48 PM 07-24-2021
Taking Woodstock is the best Woodstock documentary. Such a nice movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:59 PM 07-26-2021
About an hour in to this. It’s good. Moby comes off as a P*ssy though
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:16 PM 07-26-2021
Man, the conditions were disgusting. Overflowing port o potty’s, filth, urine, trash and sh*t everywhere. How did the promoters get away with that?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:03 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Man, the conditions were disgusting. Overflowing port o potty’s, filth, urine, trash and sh*t everywhere. How did the promoters get away with that?
I'm assuming because of the riots? They don't really address the shortages, toilets etc. except to say they had plenty. We planned well.

The $4 water would be $6 in today's money. I think I've paid $5 for water at many recent events. So thats not such an outrageously priced water that you should riot.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:35 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm assuming because of the riots? They don't really address the shortages, toilets etc. except to say they had plenty. We planned well.

The $4 water would be $6 in today's money. I think I've paid $5 for water at many recent events. So thats not such an outrageously priced water that you should riot.
It was just a bad combination of the poor conditions, the heat and the types of bands they programmed. Perfect storm of events that made kids go nuts.

But yea, those prices were not too outrageous. I’m sure the tickets were expensive with all the big name acts.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 07-31-2021
It was just a bad combination of the poor conditions, the heat and the types of bands they programmed. Perfect storm of events that made kids go nuts.

But yea, those prices were not too outrageous. I’m sure the tickets were expensive with all the big name acts.
This was a for profit event. You chose to go knowing its going to be expensive to attend. Expecting free water for 300K fans was and is never going to happen.
[Reply]
Otter 02:19 PM 07-31-2021
A LOT of people without tickets just crashed the place so they were dealing with a much larger capacity than expected.

I had a friend there that called me and told me to "come on up, you don't need tickets".

I don't do concerts w/o box seats unless it's something mellow like Jimmy Buffet or Nicki Bluhm (voice of an angel if you never heard) after a couple bad experiences.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:29 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
A LOT of people without tickets just crashed the place so they were dealing with a much larger capacity than expected.

I had a friend there that called me and told me to "come on up, you don't need tickets".

I don't do concerts w/o box seats unless it's something mellow like Jimmy Buffet or Nicki Bluhm (voice of an angel if you never heard) after a couple bad experiences.
Yea. That was another issue. They mentioned in the doc how security guys basically said “*uck it” and walked off the job.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up