ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ongoing St. Louis vs the NFL Litigation Thread
Rams Fan 09:40 PM 07-12-2021
So, as a TLDR warning, basically all these tweets are from today regarding rulings in St. Louis' lawsuit vs the NFL regarding the Rams relocation

Basically, the judge ruled heavily in the city's favor to continue moving forward in the legal process and it looks like this case will go to a jury trial at some point, meaning a bunch of dirty laundry concerning the league is about to be aired.

Tid-bit regarding the Chiefs is that it looks like Clark Hunt's financial information, as well as some other owners aside from Kroenke, will be shared with the city.

At STL City court...STL vs. NFL protective order to asess punitive damages. STL wants discovery of NFL assets, says the legal standard is straightforward.

— Randy Karraker (@RandyKarraker) July 12, 2021

STL says NFL & Kroenke committed "willful or outrageous or reckless act vs. plaintiff rights."

STL claims NFL kept discovery confidential. Email from Eric Gruman-"I'm trying to get some terrific L.A. opportunities to fruition under cover of darkness."

In deposition, Goodell held relocation guidelines in his hand. Was asked "are these mandatory?" (to abide by) Replied "Counselor, it says right here, (they are).

2014 Email from Demoff to NFL says L.A. land story is coming out. League responds "what should we say." Demoff provides talking points that Goodell uses in Super Bowl press conference, denying he knows land purchase by Kroenke is for stadium.

Peacock e-mail to Demoff telling him about National Car Rental naming rights deal. Demoff responds with link to YouTube video that screams "F it, I'm out."

STL has record of 2013 phone call with Kroenke, Goodell, Mara (Giants) and Rooney (Steelers). Kroenke says "I'm going to buy 2 parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A." Says we're trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden." Goodell: "We will respect

Your confidentiality. "

Other notes-NFL never intended to force Kroenke to negotiate in good faith.

Judge says he needs clear and convincing evidence that about 25 defendants operated in a fraudulent manner, and says he hasn't seen that. Says evidence is necessary to delve into individuals' finances.

STL attorney says they received relocation money. That's all we need to know. It was said in owners meeting STL would be harmed."

It was confirmed that the Arizona Cardinals voted against the Rams relocation. My sense is the Panthers were the other team that did.

Judge says preponderance of evidence exists against Mara, Kraft, Jones, Rooney...one other...for damages. Most NFL owners spared discovery of finances.

2 other nuggets: Jerry Jones admitted he urged Kroenke to move. Day after relocation vote, Rams signed contract w/ Jones Legends corp to sell PSL's and luxury boxes.

One quick correction: STL has the ability to investigate net worth of NFL, Goodell, Kroenke, Jones, Kraft, Mara, Richardson. They have 10 days to ask for right to investigate other owners. Apparently it's rare for a judge to rule from the bench, as he did for STL here.

In today's more than 2-hour hearing that was not publicly docketed, Judge Chris McGraugh said St. Louis plaintiffs showed sufficient evidence to get financials from NFL, Kroenke, Rams, Commissioner Goodell and team owners Jones, Mara, Kraft and Richardson. Story TK @stltoday https://t.co/sDJG6LMNgV

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

Correction. The judge did not list Goodell among those from whom St. Louis plaintiffs may get financial information. He mentioned Clark Hunt, owner of the KC Chiefs. @Ben_Fred https://t.co/bTnjbh9prn

— Joel Currier (@joelcurrier) July 12, 2021

[Reply]
TribalElder 09:55 PM 07-12-2021
make them move back and suffer
[Reply]
wazu 09:58 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Yep. You can’t leave Hell just because it sucks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:02 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Um, would that be suffering anymore than the embarrassment of playing in a brand new and mostly* empty stadium in LA?

*Except of course for whatever fans from the other team show up.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:09 PM 07-12-2021
Considering how much cities pump money into stadiums and give owners all kinds of perks, the decision to leave a city should not be taken lightly. Weasels like kroenke shouldn't be allowed to hold cities hostage. Those stadiums are sunk costs for the city.

It's too bad that sports for so many fans gets ruined by billionaires. It's just crazy to me that decades of incompetence from owners like the fords, Mike brown and Dan Snyder and still they are untouchable
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:09 PM 07-12-2021
If St. Louis had built the TransWorld Dome for Bidwell, they would still have football to this day.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:22 PM 07-12-2021
Send the Chargers to St. Louis.

Win-win for everyone.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:03 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Um, would that be suffering anymore than the embarrassment of playing in a brand new and mostly* empty stadium in LA?

*Except of course for whatever fans from the other team show up.
The Rams were 11th in attendance in 2019 with an average of 71,229 per game and that was in the shithole that is the Coliseum.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:06 PM 07-12-2021
St Louis is a shithole
[Reply]
oldman 11:20 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Send the Chargers to St. Louis.

Win-win for everyone.
And force Kroenke to let the Chargers out of their contract without compensation.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
St Louis is a shithole
Yes it is.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:07 AM 07-13-2021
So, they shouldnt have left but theres a bunch of billionaires with great lawyers who will cut a deal to pay st louie and no one will give a fuck except a few fans in a few years.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:14 AM 07-13-2021
St. Loser gets ZERO sympathy and I hope they get laughed out of any and every court in America with their lame legal "arguments".

They got the rare second chance at an NFL team, they were gifted with a fluke Super Bowl with that second chance and they still blew it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:51 AM 07-13-2021
I'm 100% on board with STL. They were done dirty. I hope Stan and the league pay dearly.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 10:58 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I'm 100% on board with STL. They were done dirty. I hope Stan and the league pay dearly.
The same St. Loser that tried to desperately prevent funding for construction of the Sprint/T-Mobile Center from being approved?

The same St. Loser whose state politicians regularly try to block any state funding allotments to go towards KC-area sporting facilities?

St. Loser deserved the Stan Kroenke treatment, it's karma.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:30 AM 07-13-2021
Fuck them. They don't deserve a team anyway.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up