ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 44
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Frazod 09:57 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The wife will not be happy about this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:33 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The wife will not be happy about this.
I don’t think Ozunas wife is very happy either. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:04 AM 05-30-2021
I don’t think Ozunas wife is very happy either. :-)
As fans of the team that Tyreek Hill plays on, I think we should all know by now not to condemn a guy based on an initial report.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:10 PM 05-30-2021
As fans of the team that Tyreek Hill plays on, I think we should all know by now not to condemn a guy based on an initial report.
Exactly. So many dumb takes on that subject on this board
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:51 PM 06-02-2021
Dodgers just busted out an ass whooping in the 1st inning.
[Reply]
Miles 08:28 PM 06-02-2021
Very true. In this case Ozuna was choking his wife, threw her against a wall and struck her in front of cops that had walked in and witnessed it.
[Reply]
Miles 08:29 PM 06-02-2021
Ouch Carlos sure got shelled.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:16 AM 06-04-2021
No worries Mo has this......:-)

Regarding free agents, recent or otherwise, Mozeliak said, “Are they going to have to ramp up? Or are they going to literally be ready to plug and play? Of course, we’re going to look at what that market looks like but I don’t feel like there’s a quick answer that’s necessarily going to help us. It’s not real practical for us to have someone go out and have to spend a month to ramp up, at this point.

“By then, you’re looking at really the true trading deadline (July 30) period.

“It’s really about trying to create some depth. You look at all the people who are currently on the injured list and then you look at the Triple-A club where a few of those players who are on the 40-man (roster) are injured, too. Our hands are a little bit tied at the moment. It’s not as though you have two or three guys at the Triple A who are just knocking on the door to help us at the big-league level.

“Roster creativity is going to be something that we have to take a deep dive in. If there are ways we can add some depth, not only to the big-league club but to the system in general, that’s something we’re going have to explore. And that’s something that’s going to start right away.”

Mozeliak projected that “maybe when you get into August, you find that you’re the type of club you thought you were going to be. But that’s still two months away.

“It’s not like you can simply say, ‘Let’s be patient and try to muddle through this.’

“There are no timeouts in this business, so we’ve got to keep going. We’re going to try to do whatever we can to keep this together until we’re getting to a point where we’re getting some of these players returning.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:09 AM 06-04-2021
I'll say it again, any team that keeps running Carpenter out there deserves to lose.

Then you have him batting in front of Sosa who has been a demonstratively better hitter than Carpenter this year and watch him flail with RISP with 2 outs.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 06:55 PM 06-05-2021
Cards are definitely fading right now. Need some positive momentum.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Cards are definitely fading right now. Need some positive momentum.
they have lost Flaherty, Hudson, Kim and Mikolas. We are not deep enough to recover from that.

Then we are still running out Carpenter and all these AAAA players that wouldn’t be playing on 75% of the other MLB teams.

This season is over. Hopefully Arenado won’t opt out. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 PM 06-06-2021
We should not be buyers this year. Don’t even pretend. Don’t trade our top players for anything short term. Just play for next year. Hopefully someone other than Mo will be giving out the next FA contracts but that’s probably a pipe dream.

I checked cots, fangraphs and spotrac.They all basically say we have around $95 million committed in 2022 to Goldy, Arenado, Mikolas, Martinez and Dejong. No one else is guaranteed money, no dead money.

2021 salary total is $184.6 million. Say you bring Waino/Molina back for one more year that’s $20-$25 million tops. If the Cards keep it the same that leaves an guesstimated $40-$45 million we could possibly spend on FA’s. Basically Carps and Fowler’s money. Trade Martinez, you get another $17 million freed up.

Should be enough to get a #3 starter and a good DH bat in the lineup.

Edman
Carlson
New signee DH/RF $25- $30 million a year
Arenado
Goldy
O’’Neill
Dejong
Molina/C
Bader or replacement OF or Gorman
Pitcher
Someone DH’s, probably

That’s a more respectful lineup

Pitching:
Flaherty
Liberatore
New #3. $15 million a year
Thompson(long term)
Mikolas/Hudson/Martinez/Waino
[Reply]
VAChief 08:54 AM 06-07-2021
Pretty decent team of ex cards on this list.

https://redbirdrants.com/2021/06/06/...ardinals-team/
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:25 AM 06-07-2021
We should not be buyers this year. Don’t even pretend. Don’t trade our top players for anything short term. Just play for next year. Hopefully someone other than Mo will be giving out the next FA contracts but that’s probably a pipe dream.

I checked cots, fangraphs and spotrac.They all basically say we have around $95 million committed in 2022 to Goldy, Arenado, Mikolas, Martinez and Dejong. No one else is guaranteed money, no dead money.

2021 salary total is $184.6 million. Say you bring Waino/Molina back for one more year that’s $20-$25 million tops. If the Cards keep it the same that leaves an guesstimated $40-$45 million we could possibly spend on FA’s. Basically Carps and Fowler’s money. Trade Martinez, you get another $17 million freed up.

Should be enough to get a #3 starter and a good DH bat in the lineup.

Edman
Carlson
New signee DH/RF $25- $30 million a year
Arenado
Goldy
O’’Neill
Dejong
Molina/C
Bader or replacement OF or Gorman
Pitcher
Someone DH’s, probably

That’s a more respectful lineup

Pitching:
Flaherty
Liberatore
New #3. $15 million a year
Thompson(long term)
Mikolas/Hudson/Martinez/Waino
I'll gladly take that lineup.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I'll gladly take that lineup.
With O'Neill learning to lay off that outside slider a lot more often and Carlson looking to be a solution in the #2 hole, they lengthen the lineup. Put a solid middle of the order bat in there, add Gorman and maybe we can compete again.

But......... a middle of the order bat ain't going here for $30 million/3 years. They are going to want a longer commitment. Mo making those type of decisions hasn't ended well for us in a long time.There is risk for sure we are saddled with a Fowler/Carp contract for 3-4 bad years.

I'm seeing at least a 3 year window for us to compete starting next year. Trading the crucial elements needed for that window to compete this year is stupid.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 44
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up