6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
poolboy 06:51 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I came across PTI today and they were talking about Salvys home run record. Of course they were dismissive of it because some of them came as a DH. If he played in a big city on one of the coasts they wouldn’t be spewing that bullshit.
only on pti...smdh:-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:58 PM 09-22-2021
I came across PTI today and they were talking about Salvys home run record. Of course they were dismissive of it because some of them came as a DH. If he played in a big city on one of the coasts they wouldn’t be spewing that bullshit.
I’m sure those same guys are equally dismissive of the great year Ohtani is having as a hitter as . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . a DH.

Probably shit all over David Ortiz, Edgar Martinez, Paul Molitor and Frank Thomas all the time as well . . . . . . right? Right??

Fuck the media.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:25 PM 09-22-2021
They were slightly dismissive... they made solid points about the amount of at bats taken at DH and the homeruns Bench hit as a catcher, especially the toll it takes on them all.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:48 PM 09-22-2021
Bench played several different positions besides catcher that year, if I remember right. Bench also didn’t regularly catch guys throwing 97-100 mph, guys crowding the box to where they are practically on top of the catcher (if you tried that in Bench’s day, you’d get a warning shot from the pitcher. If that didn’t work, you might get one in the earhole), etc. The game is different in a lot of ways. It’s really hard to compare eras.

All I know is what Salvy has done this year is pretty damn impressive, regardless of what you think about him taking 25% of his AB’s as a DH.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:04 PM 09-22-2021
Here’s something don’t see everyday:

Braves Adam Duvall hits a 3r homer but the runner on first thinks it’s caught so he goes back to tag up, inadvertently allowing Duvall to pass him. Duvall gets credited with a two run single and is called out. Baseball man. Lol.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:07 PM 09-22-2021
I was on the trade Mondi bandwagon but I think next season he puts it all together. Platoon him with Nicky and bwj at short. maybe he plays some center and third.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:35 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Bench played several different positions besides catcher that year, if I remember right. Bench also didn’t regularly catch guys throwing 97-100 mph, guys crowding the box to where they are practically on top of the catcher (if you tried that in Bench’s day, you’d get a warning shot from the pitcher. If that didn’t work, you might get one in the earhole), etc. The game is different in a lot of ways. It’s really hard to compare eras.

All I know is what Salvy has done this year is pretty damn impressive, regardless of what you think about him taking 25% of his AB’s as a DH.
I'm not taking anything from Salvy. I just don't think they were as dismissive as people think.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 PM 09-22-2021
I’d love to see Mondesi in CF, as you all know. But it also sounds like they’re considering Bobby Witt there, too.

He’s a stud athlete. I’m sure he would handle the position well.

Merrifield - 2B
Lopez - SS
Witt - CF
Perez - C/DH
Benintendi - LF
Mondesi - 3B
Santana - DH/1B
Dozier - RF/DH
Olivares- DH/LF

Is how I’d love to see them open the season. Pratto and Melendez would be waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:52 PM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
They were slightly dismissive... they made solid points about the amount of at bats taken at DH and the homeruns Bench hit as a catcher, especially the toll it takes on them all.
so when salvy reaches 50, they might stfu...Salvy hit less per ab when DH

Johnny Bench was great...its a fun comparison
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:08 AM 09-23-2021
I like this going into spring training:

C - Salvy
1B - Santana/Dozier
2B - Lopez
SS - Witt
3B - Mondi
LF - Benni
CF - FA/Trade/Bring back Taylor which seems the most likely
RF - Whit
DH - Dozier/Santana/Salvy
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:10 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Sidenote:

On Denny. Looking back, I think he had some pretty incredible calls during our postseason run. The end of the ALDS, and the "Kansas City, you have a World Series" call he made at the end of the ALCS were iconic. Listened to him call both the Wild Card game and Game 7 and it was wild to me that after growing up having Denny as a staple of my childhood that he was now calling the Royals in the playoffs with the same consistency and insight he always had.

A while back, when Youtube deleted both Blue October Part 2 and the Royals 2015 Postseason Supercut, I reached out to the creators of both videos and they were kind enough to send me the original videos. I then put together an ultimate cut of the 2014-2015 runs from the Blue October and Supercut videos and added Denny and Ryan's calls whenever I could. I watched that video again today and was reminded of how iconic some of those calls truly were. Denny's calls at the end of our title were pretty fantastic, too.
I’d love to hear that. Can you link or post the video?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:24 PM 09-23-2021

Oh wow. Longtime Omaha StormChasers manager Brian Poldberg announced his retirement today. He joined the Royals' org for the first time in 1983. He's won 1,350 games over 21 seasons. Has crossed paths with so many.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) September 23, 2021

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 02:37 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’d love to see Mondesi in CF, as you all know. But it also sounds like they’re considering Bobby Witt there, too.

He’s a stud athlete. I’m sure he would handle the position well.

Merrifield - 2B
Lopez - SS
Witt - CF
Perez - C/DH
Benintendi - LF
Mondesi - 3B
Santana - DH/1B
Dozier - RF/DH
Olivares- DH/LF

Is how I’d love to see them open the season. Pratto and Melendez would be waiting in the wings.
The potential offense from that lineup is exciting. If that's the way they do the infield, I think I'd like to just move forward with Pratto and have Santana DH and sit when Salvy DH's. That infield D would be pretty amazing...and Pratto likely makes more plays when/if Mondi throws his occasional WTF. Would also prefer Isbel over Olivares at this point. The defense has been...troubling. Also...when/if Mondi is injured, if Witt were holding down CF, does Melendez have enough success at 3B to be the one that gets the call?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:41 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I’d love to hear that. Can you link or post the video?
Sure! I’ll DM you.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:53 PM 09-23-2021
They’re retards. Statcast tells us how many HR a player *should* have based on batted ball data. Since Salvy plays in a cavernous park, he should have 49.4 instead of 46. In fact, here’s the leaderboard in most screwjobs of HR.

Notice a pattern?

3. Soler -7.1
5. Beni -6.3
8. Santana -4.9
14. Dozier -4.2
18. Salvy -3.4
[Reply]
Page 405 of 440
« First < 305355395401402403404405 406407408409415 > Last »
Up