ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
In Memoriam>BigMeatballDave
Bowser 08:03 PM 05-01-2016
Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick:
I figured since my father spent so much time on here and talked to so many of you, I'd give a bit of an update. BigMeatballDave is no longer able to post on ChiefsPlanet. He has been entered into hospice care and is on his final weeks. If anybody would like to help, I am raising money for his cremation and any other expenses he has after he passes. gofundme.com/2v6zxfck Thank you everybody.
He was 45 and it was a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme.
He loved the planet. He would always send me links off here and show me things people said while I was growing up.
Here is the link to Nick's gofundme....

https://www.gofundme.com/2v6zxfck%C2%A0
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:58 AM 05-03-2016
Damn. Not really sure what else to say.

Question...gofundme apparently doesn't take PayPal. Anyone know a way around that?
[Reply]
splatbass 09:20 AM 05-03-2016
He was one of my favorites here. A very sad day.
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 09:48 AM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My Mom has Alzheimer's. She doesn't know who I or anyone else is anymore. Other than that she is in perfect health. I have basically lost her, at least what made her, her.

We will keep reminding the Planet to help out about the upcoming debt you will have.

Stick around yourself and talk some football and life when you feel like it in the future. :-)
My grandmother went through something like that last year before she passed of wernicke's encephalopathy (she wasn't an alcoholic). She didn't know who any of us were, which was really rough, only 16 and experiencing that.
[Reply]
threebag 10:21 AM 05-03-2016
Before cancer got my mom she had a few good "rallies" in the hospital. It hurt to say goodbye but was great to see her still fighting it. Cancer sucks so much ass. Praying for no pain for Dave and peace for you and his family.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 05-03-2016
Ahh damn. Tell BigmeatballDave we love him too.

Damn, what a bummer.
[Reply]
rico 12:23 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm all for honoring Dave by changing the name of the Lounge but I'd prefer to that his original user name, BigChiefDave, be used instead of his current name, which only came into being after his cancer diagnosis.
Yeah I agree. I think he became BigMeatballDave around the time where CP was discussing food... A lot. I think it was around the time Bugeater became Baconeater, PGM became Pasta Giant Meatball and Fire Me Boy became Fried Meatball. When I began posting, I believe his username was just, "Dave." I don't think I was around for the BigChiefDave username...but it's cool.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:17 PM 05-03-2016
I lost my brother 2 years ago to GBM. He was 30, like Dave, way too young.

If I can help you with anything Nick, please reach out.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:22 PM 05-03-2016
My Mom has Alzheimer's. She doesn't know who I or anyone else is anymore. Other than that she is in perfect health. I have basically lost her, at least what made her, her.

We will keep reminding the Planet to help out about the upcoming debt you will have.

Stick around yourself and talk some football and life when you feel like it in the future. :-)
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Sry to hear about your mom. Both my grandparents on my mom's side got Alzheimers and that was tough. I visited my grandma once in the hospital. She couldn't even speak. All she could do was look at me and smile. I don't even know if she recognized me at that point. That was the one and only time I could do that. She didn't last long in there anyway. My poor grandpa had to be put into a home for the last couple years. He would have flashbacks and think it was the 1950s again. I pray that God makes the transition for your mother easier.
I have been going through this with my grandmother for the last several years unfortunately. She'll be 94 this year and is otherwise in perfect health. Cancer took my grandfather years ago and Alzheimers took away my grandmother. I have trouble thinking of two worse diseases.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:46 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I have been going through this with my grandmother for the last several years unfortunately. She'll be 94 this year and is otherwise in perfect health. Cancer took my grandfather years ago and Alzheimers took away my grandmother. I have trouble thinking of two worse diseases.
My grandmother went through this years ago. It was very tough on my mother.

She lived in a nursing home for a couple of years before she passed and I visited her once after she moved in. I never went back. I felt a bit guilty about that afterwards, but to me, that was not my grandmother lying in that bed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:43 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Damn. Not really sure what else to say.

Question...gofundme apparently doesn't take PayPal. Anyone know a way around that?
you want to send it to my packages for the troops paypal, I'll make sure it gets to the fund with credit to you?
[Reply]
chiefscafan 04:56 PM 05-03-2016
Littledave I'm so sorry hang in there
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:05 PM 05-03-2016
you want to send it to my packages for the troops paypal, I'll make sure it gets to the fund with credit to you?
That would be great BRC...i don't need or care about the credit, i just wanted to help out. want to send me a PM with the info?
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 06:06 PM 05-03-2016
Thoughts and prayers to your family. Hang tough and best wishes.
[Reply]
eDave 06:08 PM 05-03-2016
Surpassing $2k soon. CP is full of great men.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:47 PM 05-03-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Surpassing $2k soon. CP is full of great men.
Yes, and terrible women.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up