ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 652 of 726
« First < 152552602642648649650651652 653654655656662702 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
sedated 04:58 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sure was today in CoMo. Mizzouche down 45-10 at half

:-)
Mizzou leaves Big 12 and makes 2 SEC title games in the first 3 years, then drops to the bowels of the SEC. Yet people talk about the Big 12 being a shit conference and Mizzou was "unprepared" for "major" competition.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:32 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I just don't see Boise State getting a PAC 12 bid. They bring nothing of value to that conference.
Oh I agree, its that their President seems to think they have a chance when in reality, Big 12 or AAC is their best option.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:20 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Because we have the same team as last year? And we start off slow every year? And September is irrelevant in December? Keep up kid.

Iowa State lost to Iowa while playing bad and mostly because of turnovers. Turnovers are easier to clean up than not being able to move the ball at all. Iowa is going to struggle in games their defense doesn’t score in.
Where did RustShack go? Doesn't seem like him to tuck tail and run. I mean, he made some pretty stupid statements, but that's no reason to be a coward.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:00 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Mizzou leaves Big 12 and makes 2 SEC title games in the first 3 years, then drops to the bowels of the SEC. Yet people talk about the Big 12 being a shit conference and Mizzou was "unprepared" for "major" competition.
Leaving your traditional recruiting grounds is tough. See Nebraska, Mizzou, and Colorado and their grand success since leaving the Big 12.

T-A&M has trudged along pretty much like they always did, but they never really fit into the Big 12 anyway.
[Reply]
sedated 09:23 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
T-A&M has trudged along pretty much like they always did, but they never really fit into the Big 12 anyway.
A&M is the same program they've always been, good but not great. But since moving to the SEC they suddenly started getting preseason top 10 rankings, fallen on their face, and look like a disappointment every year.
[Reply]
RustShack 10:22 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where did RustShack go? Doesn't seem like him to tuck tail and run. I mean, he made some pretty stupid statements, but that's no reason to be a coward.
I’m right here? And We’re playing well after September like I said. And Iowa lost when their D wasn’t scoring TD’s like I said.

Weird timing for you to bring this up lol
[Reply]
RustShack 05:38 PM 10-24-2021
I’m right here? And We’re playing well after September like I said. And Iowa lost when their D wasn’t scoring TD’s like I said.

Weird timing for you to bring this up lol
Still nothing?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:33 PM 10-24-2021
Leaving your traditional recruiting grounds is tough. See Nebraska, Mizzou, and Colorado and their grand success since leaving the Big 12.

Huh? Nebraska has consistently put up top 25 recruiting classes since leaving
[Reply]
Coach 05:08 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
I doubt the Big 12 dissolves.

There's likely a chance of them getting UCF, Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati instead of going elsewhere, and they still can retain their P5 status and the auto bids.
How my ass taste now, haters?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=8991

UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati are in (BYU is a good get, better than Memphis).

Remember when Mike Aresco and the AAC was going to poach existing Big 12 members? :-)

It isn't just that they were unable to do that, but they couldn't even coax schools from the Mountain West or Sun Belt to join their league. In fact, the AAC just made themselves worse, considering they had to poach schools from C-USA.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:28 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Huh? Nebraska has consistently put up top 25 recruiting classes since leaving
How's that worked out for them?

Recruiting rankings often has as much to do with who is after a recruit as actual talent.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:51 PM 10-25-2021
How my ass taste now, haters?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=8991

UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati are in (BYU is a good get, better than Memphis).

Remember when Mike Aresco and the AAC was going to poach existing Big 12 members? :-)

It isn't just that they were unable to do that, but they couldn't even coax schools from the Mountain West or Sun Belt to join their league. In fact, the AAC just made themselves worse, considering they had to poach schools from C-USA.
Weird post. The Big12 wasn’t ever dissolving.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:51 PM 10-25-2021
Still waiting?????
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:02 PM 10-25-2021

Nonsense. Missouri and Nebraska are doing fine recruiting.

Being in the Big12 wasn't going to avoid a dumb ass hire like Odom or Frost.

Colorado sucked dick before they left.
[Reply]
Coach 06:25 PM 10-25-2021
Weird post. The Big12 wasn’t ever dissolving.
If you were to go back and re-read some of the posts there, there were people implying that or implying that Big 12 teams are a mid-major now. Hell, even the Athletic folks wanted the Big 12 dead.

Whoops, how that go for them? Not to mention that they're operating at a huge net loss too.

Oh and :-) on KU fans thinking they were going to Big10. That's all hat, no cattle.

Look the SEC and Big10 is going to be #1 and #2 respectively. ACC is #3, but their football teams has been not very good this year, especially that Clemson suddenly just cratered right now. Florida State isn't any good. Miami isn't any good either.

But the Big 12 is definitely better than the Pac 12. If anything, the Pac 12 is not generating enough revenue as the people out west don't care about football.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:15 PM 10-25-2021
If you were to go back and re-read some of the posts there, there were people implying that or implying that Big 12 teams are a mid-major now. Hell, even the Athletic folks wanted the Big 12 dead.

Whoops, how that go for them? Not to mention that they're operating at a huge net loss too.

Oh and :-) on KU fans thinking they were going to Big10. That's all hat, no cattle.

Look the SEC and Big10 is going to be #1 and #2 respectively. ACC is #3, but their football teams has been not very good this year, especially that Clemson suddenly just cratered right now. Florida State isn't any good. Miami isn't any good either.

But the Big 12 is definitely better than the Pac 12. If anything, the Pac 12 is not generating enough revenue as the people out west don't care about football.
The Pac-12's TV deal has more $$$ involved than the B12's currently.

https://www.on3.com/news/conference-...lege-football/
[Reply]
Page 652 of 726
« First < 152552602642648649650651652 653654655656662702 > Last »
Up