ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:30 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
What in the fuck are you talking about :-)

How does some weird preacher guy being hired make Deshaun Watson go rape?

LOL, wow like they didn't know these personal issues when they drafted him since it's their job to figure that out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:35 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, except he did.
"Well, Brett and I have had an ongoing joke here for several years – since we learned that the draft was coming to Kansas City – that we had to have our first-round pick for this draft," Hunt said. "Of course, at the end of the day, if there’s a transaction that makes sense for the club, I’m certainly not going to stand in the way of that."
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:23 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, wow like they didn't know these personal issues when they drafted him since it's their job to figure that out.
I'm sure he said LOL SI when they asked him if he was a rapist prior to being drafted.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:29 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm sure he said LOL SI when they asked him if he was a rapist prior to being drafted.
So they just flew on blind drafting him, and no research in his personal life.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:44 PM 03-12-2023
JFC :-)

Sure. Just like the Chiefs should have determined that Jevon Belcher would be a future murderer when they gave him a contract.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:50 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Veach'gone Wild! lol

2023 1st & 2024 2nd for Tunsil
2023 2nd for Hopkins
2023 3rd + x2 2024 3rd for DE Z Smith

Use the money we save on Clowney, get x2 comp 3rd next year for OBJ and JuJu.

All 3 are in win-now mode in their careers.
we are not, nor will we ever be in an all in and forget the future team as long as Mahomes is the QB.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:01 PM 03-12-2023
Everytime I read this board in the off-season, I'm so glad that 99% of CP'ers have NO say in anything the Chiefs do re: FA/Trades/Draftees.

Sit back, trust the process, and wait for the results.

All this "OMGWTFBC" reaction to rumors is getting in the way of trying to learn real info on this board.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:18 PM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
"Well, Brett and I have had an ongoing joke here for several years – since we learned that the draft was coming to Kansas City – that we had to have our first-round pick for this draft," Hunt said. "Of course, at the end of the day, if there’s a transaction that makes sense for the club, I’m certainly not going to stand in the way of that."
Fascinating, the move would hold greater weight. But Clark Hunt would prefer the weight of a fourth Lombardi in his hand. Very good.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:54 AM 03-13-2023
Tunsil going into the last year of his deal while Houston is in full on rebuild mode could swing this either direction. he counts $35M against Houston's cap this year to keep, and $16.7M to cut. He could easily rework that deal to take some weight off their dead cap, then extend with KC so his cap hit lowers.

If Houston wants a first round pick for Tunsil, you do it. Period. There's no guarantee that KC will be picking last in the first round next year, but if you have elite pass blocking... it's a much better possibility.

Chiefs will get a 3rd round comp pick for OBJ next year for sure. That helps mitigate the cost a little. Our draft picks are valuable due to Mahomes' contract, but absolutely you should expect your LT to be one of the top five highest paid positions on the team. I got ZERO problem with them putting an abundance of resources into protecting the Franchise.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:01 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tunsil going into the last year of his deal while Houston is in full on rebuild mode could swing this either direction. he counts $35M against Houston's cap this year to keep, and $16.7M to cut. He could easily rework that deal to take some weight off their dead cap, then extend with KC so his cap hit lowers.

If Houston wants a first round pick for Tunsil, you do it. Period. There's no guarantee that KC will be picking last in the first round next year, but if you have elite pass blocking... it's a much better possibility.

Chiefs will get a 3rd round comp pick for OBJ next year for sure. That helps mitigate the cost a little. Our draft picks are valuable due to Mahomes' contract, but absolutely you should expect your LT to be one of the top five highest paid positions on the team. I got ZERO problem with them putting an abundance of resources into protecting the Franchise.
Comp pick will be based on FAs acquired though, right? Or is it specific to the position (we traded to fill LT, so our LT walking = comp pick?)?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:23 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
So they just flew on blind drafting him, and no research in his personal life.
So you think interviews of random massage parlours Is part of every teams pre draft research?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:28 AM 03-13-2023
Nah I'm not comfortable with spending another first round pick on a vet LT who we'll have to pay a big bag to. If we're gonna pay a bag we might aswell keep OBJ ffs. You can't do that and expect to keep our interior intact for much longer. It's time to draft a longterm solution now imo.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:33 AM 03-13-2023
This could also be pressure on OBJs agent: “You’d better find out if he is worth what you say he is; we will move on if you don’t return to the table.”
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:50 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
So you think interviews of random massage parlours Is part of every teams pre draft research?
Past relationships, and it's been said that some interviews with players had the most blunt and intrusive questions about their family. Yes you uncover everything.

Like Tyreek and his girlfriend, they gave him a chance and he didn't fuck it up.

The Texans clearly didn't do their due diligence.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Meh. I’m not all for giving away everything anymore. I’d rather use the capital wisely. Work through the draft. Trade players goin on second contracts for lots of picks.

if the trade makes sense and doesn’t fleece the lint out of our assholes. Then fine I’m good with it. Trading tons of picks for 30 year old Wrs cause we can’t win a superbowl with our current core of Wrs is Alex smith desperate.

We’ve been smart. No need to go full Reerun just because CP.
This is a position where I’d make an exception. I’m fine with taking this approach at RT but blind side protection is uncompromisable. I don’t think we have a choice outside of the draft now that we’ve chosen to move on from OBJ (if that’s the case). The first is what we would’ve spent on a LT who may not even be ready yet. As for someone like DHop… man I would love it but it works best if you sign him while we draft his replacement and that to me seems counterproductive if iou give up picks.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 31
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up