Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
loochy 11:19 AM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The next few days will really show how strong this bull run is. It ran from 3200 all the way to 13,900. It’s normal for a crypto bull run to have corrections of 30-60% of gains before resuming the run. That seems to put the consolidation range anywhere from 7480 to 10590, if the bull run will continue. It’s currently dropped to
Just hodl man
[Reply]
BWillie 12:29 PM 07-02-2019
If you can't take the volatility, crypto is not for you.
[Reply]
eDave 07:04 PM 07-02-2019
Going vertical again. Too fast again, feels like a pump and dump, so hold on to your butts.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:44 PM 07-02-2019
Bitcoin....the greatest pump and dump "investment" the world has EVER seen.
[Reply]
eDave 08:32 PM 07-02-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Bitcoin....the greatest pump and dump "investment" the world has EVER seen.
Indeed. Find that pattern (at a macro level) and profit.

Or just hold it. That's proven to work well.

It's really that easy. I'm feasting on it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:41 PM 07-02-2019
It’s gonna be 25k in a week. I want to buy more while it’s in a correction. Only reason I know it’s allowing sells is because I tested it by selling 2 dollars worth.
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
BTC supposed to dump to 13K by Sunday.

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Oh, I don't know. He seems pretty stable to me...

Originally Posted by Taco John:
And then it will drop back down to 17k before shooting back up to new support levels. Bitcoiners take profit and move it into alts. Then they abandon alt positions when they see bitcoin start to move and I get to buy new alt coins on sale.

I started with a $2.5k position, and have grown it to almost 10x that. I rode the bitcoin wave from $5700 to $19k, and then sold. I haven't stocked it since. It's too expensive, too slow, too many scaling problems. It's great as a 1.0 blockchain currency, and original geeks will clutch it to their graves, but it's not the future any more than Lycos was the future of search engines.
Bit 15800
Eth 1175
Hold huh? What about Bitcoin around $20k late 2017. Wild predictions made (it's going to $100k!) and people buying more around a "dip" at $17-14k. Those people are still behind!
[Reply]
BossChief 09:11 PM 07-02-2019
Hold huh? What about Bitcoin around $20k late 2017. Wild predictions made (it's going to $100k!) and people buying more around a "dip" at $17-14k. Those people are still behind!
What about the people that bought at .25 cents?

Or 3,200?

I have zero in it and haven’t for about a year, but to say others are stupid to invest in something that has this kind of potential seems a bit misguided.

Almost everyone that has invested in crypto has made huge profits.

I did.

I’m kicking myself for not buying as much as I could when it dropped to 3500 and ether went under a hundo per coin.

Could have fully enjoyed another fun ride.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:15 PM 07-02-2019

Or 3,200?

I have zero in it and haven’t for about a year, but to say others are stupid to invest in something that has this kind of potential seems a bit misguided.

I did.

I’m kicking myself for not buying as much as I could when it dropped to 3500 and ether went under a Hindu per coin.

For every "winner" there's also a loser in this and stocks.

The losers just don't post about it.

With stocks there are many variables you can use to speculate about a stock. Using certain skills and technical analysis can at least improve your chances of not being a loser.

What do you research for Bitcoin to decide on buying dips and selling highs? Honest question.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:22 PM 07-02-2019
This is patently false. You just don’t hear about the people who have lost a lot of money because they don’t brag about it on the internet.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:25 PM 07-02-2019

Or 3,200?

I did.

I’m kicking myself for not buying as much as I could when it dropped to 3500 and ether went under a hundo per coin.

Tons of people maxed out credit cards and lost their houses buying crypto at the end of 2017. Not everyone has made money.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 PM 07-02-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Tons of people maxed out credit cards and lost their houses buying crypto at the end of 2017. Not everyone has made money.
Nah man. Everyone posting on CP about this shit going skyward near $20k didn't buy any of it near the peak. And surely no one not on CP did either. They were all too smart!

And surely no one bought any on a dip around $15k while it currently values at $11k and you're 20-30% down.

NO ONE does that. BossChief is super smart.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:43 PM 07-02-2019
For every "winner" there's also a loser in this and stocks.

The losers just don't post about it.

With stocks there are many variables you can use to speculate about a stock. Using certain skills and technical analysis can at least improve your chances of not being a loser.

What do you research for Bitcoin to decide on buying dips and selling highs? Honest question.
I continuously posted links to the technical analysis I went off. Mostly cointelegraph. They always has good explanations for their analysis. I bought when they said to and sold when they advised to do so.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:53 PM 07-02-2019
I continuously posted links to the technical analysis I went off. Mostly cointelegraph. They always has good explanations for their analysis. I bought when they said to and sold when they advised to do so.
So you’re admitting you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:51 PM 07-02-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
So you’re admitting you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about?
do I myself formulate the data, no. I read and go off the professional traders and analysisya on cointelegraph when I’ve made choices in crypto’s in the past. If you haven’t read them, you should.

I know more than some but don’t pretend for a second that I know everything about crypto currencies.

What I understand and believe to be true:

Bitcoin is the first global digital currency ever mass adopted throughout the globe. There are 21m total coins and the system is built so it’s able to track everything from every coin and it’s fully transparent so basically anyone can track the history of each one and not through a central form of storage. It’s able to be traded quickly and easily from anywhere to anywhere.

Everything in the world is becoming digital and more and more technology based, while governments continue to print more and more money and are devaluing the current system of not just the US dollar, but many other currencies worldwide. Bitcoins amount being limited and available for trade worldwide creates demand. It’s also an ominous so it has massive appeal for that reason alone.

It’s truly a form of digital gold:

It has lots of use cases for the technology
It’s a store of wealth
It’s a way to transfer money from one place to another anonymously
It’s a speculative investment that can be very rewarding, but carries huge risk.
It has a chance to be exponentially more valuable depending on amount of adoption and advancement of the technology to being more of a currency than a stock.

I chose to invest into Ethereum (in the span it got up to 400 the first time and then dropped down to 150, I invested my annual bonus and all of my travel reimbursements as it went down because I believe in the technology, and still do) which is a lot more advanced in the tech end and ceiling of how much it has the potential to be upgraded... to include more and more use cases. Things like being a currency, to useage in smart contracts (something very useful as the world becomes more and more reliant on tech) to building infrastructures, to pretty much sky’s the limit.

Like I said, I don’t know everything but I do have a general understanding of what the technology can do and why it creates such a frenzy from investors of all different types.

From my understanding of how they determine buy opportunities and when to trigger stop losses is based on tons of factors such as media releases, upgrades, increased adoption, increased use by larger corporations and even countries, RSI levels, the level of where it corrects after runs both up and down and possibly governments getting in and out of the game...also, Wall Street traders are deep in it, too, so watching the specifics of the charts highs and lows and the patterns that form allow for making educated guesses to get in or out at the right time. Same as stocks. But far more volatile.

I originally put in 6500 and had 23.7789 ethereum in July of 2017. In January 12th 2018 I sold 10 of them @1258.26 and moved the rest to GDAX. I sold the rest when it got down to 275 a coin. 3789 was the cash out. So, all in all I made about 10k on ethereum.

I’m not rich, so that’s a nice chunk for me.
[Reply]
eDave 07-03-2019, 03:25 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
eDave 07-03-2019, 03:29 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
-King- 08:46 AM 07-03-2019
Why are people acting like dollars can't be used digitally and that that's some kind of super advantage crypto has?
[Reply]
Page 124 of 261
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up