ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>Marvel Animation: X-Men '97
Tribal Warfare 08:55 AM 02-15-2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Oh hell yes - I'm definitely watching that.

Loved me some animated X-Men as a kid. Seems like even Disney can't screw this one up too badly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:28 AM 02-15-2024
That theme is rad.

So was Gambit riding Wolverine into battle while charging up his claws.

And “TO ME, MY X-MEN”. Ah, love it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 02-15-2024
Fuck yes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That theme is rad.

So was Gambit riding Wolverine into battle while charging up his claws.

And “TO ME, MY X-MEN”. Ah, love it.
The theme song was always a banger. I probably haven't heard it in 25 years and I'd immediately recognize where it came from. They HAD to bring it back...
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:49 AM 02-15-2024
That theme brings back all the nostalgia. I probably went through 1,000s of AA batteries on my game gear playing the X-men game.

I didn’t hate the second generation of the X-men movies as much as the public, but I’m hoping they do it justice going forward
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:55 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I didn’t hate the second generation of the X-men movies as much as the public, but I’m hoping they do it justice going forward
The second-gen X-Men flicks were hit or miss. I thought First Class was OK, just boring. Apocalypse wasn’t a good movie. Days of Future Past was probably the best X-Men movie of the whole bunch (X2 was great and if you consider Logan a part of the X run then that is a challenger as well).

They did a great job with the casting of McAvoy and Fassbender. That’s for damn sure.

Still, both trilogies (as well as the Logan movies) have been underwhelming overall. They really need to stick the landing with this next shot.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:26 AM 02-15-2024
That Wolverine voice is rough, not sure which of the original voice actors they got back, Scott sounds pretty spot on. I'll watch it for sure, was my favorite cartoon back in the day next to Batman, Spiderman and Superman.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:03 PM 02-15-2024
Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler and Mister Sinister are the original people doing the voices. I read that the guy that originally did Cyclops actually died in 2020 so that's why he had to be replaced.

It's also been like 30 years since the original show was on the air so that's a lot of age on those voices.
[Reply]
SAGA45 11:19 PM 02-15-2024
Cal Dodd is still voicing Wolverine so I'm not worried about the line from the trailer. I'm sure he'll be on point for the series. Overall, I'm amped!!
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:16 AM 02-16-2024
I must say. It appears Disney has learned something from pushing their woke agenda!

Ope. Just kidding. Morph is nonbinary (seriously)

I don’t care that much, and will still watch. But they will just never learn.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:01 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
I must say. It appears Disney has learned something from pushing their woke agenda!

Ope. Just kidding. Morph is nonbinary (seriously)

I don’t care that much, and will still watch. But they will just never learn.
The irony here is delicious.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:12 AM 02-16-2024
Oh hell yes.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:30 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The irony here is delicious.
I guess?

It’s not stopping me from watching, and enjoying it. But there’s a good number of people who will see the headline and say **** that. They are not gaining a single fan by doing this, and it will for sure turn a bunch of people off. I want to see X-men succeed :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 02-16-2024
It’s hilarious that people are pissed about a nonbinary X-men character when that’s kind of the whole point about them being mutants.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up