ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 10:28 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Reroka:
He is going to a wideout room that is deep. I do not see him getting as much use as he thinks he is going to get.

Congrats to him on a nice payday, He wont sniff the playoffs.
If the Jets get Rodgers, they are making the playoffs outside being decimated by injuries.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 03-23-2023
Yea if Rodgers goes there you can argue they are better than Buffalo.
[Reply]
Reroka 10:30 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
If the Jets get Rodgers, they are making the playoffs outside being decimated by injuries.
Good point,
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:30 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but he can sell his car and take the subway to work.
Or he could keep his car, live in a nice rental in Florham Park and still be to work in 30mins.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:34 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I agree about them chasing the highest paycheck as they should. It’s definitely not icky and I would do the same thing if I was in their spot. I never understood people expecting players to take a hometown discount out of loyalty. I do know many chase rings at the end, especially if they haven’t earned one.

I am not even hating on Hardman jumping ship to the NYJ. I just question if that was the best decision for him long term as he might get buried on their depth chart.
He bet on himself and I like that. Whether we view it as fans the best decision to make is only coming from a perspective of limited view.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:49 AM 03-23-2023
If the Jets were to post June 1 Mosely and Lawson that saves them 32 million dollars.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:51 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
He bet on himself and I like that. Whether we view it as fans the best decision to make is only coming from a perspective of limited view.
Correct. He bet on himself. Now let’s see if it pays off.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:53 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, it's a pretty considerable difference between Midwest cost of living and New York. But Hardman doesn't appear to be wise.
Does that matter for a professional football player, unless he's literally blown all his previous money?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:00 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Does that matter for a professional football player, unless he's literally blown all his previous money?
Well, if you're making 6m, and the house is 4m in NY but would be 1.5m in KC, yeah, I would think that is significant.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:03 AM 03-23-2023
Well, if you're making 6m, and the house is 4m in NY but would be 1.5m in KC, yeah, I would think that is significant.
He's not buying a house there when it's 1 year...
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:07 AM 03-23-2023
I think Mecole has always seen himself as a #1 WR. He has convinced himself that the fact he is not, is someone else's fault.

The Chiefs have an opening at the #1 spot, the Jets do not. If you believed you are capable why would you not seize the opportunity right in front of you?

He is not making good decisions which has likely been his problem all along.

The decision to NOT work out with Mahomes and all the other WRs is a perfect example. Bad decision.

He had to learn something while he was here. I do think he was improving, even if it was slowly.

He feels like this was a good move and maybe it was. Maybe the Jets allow him to be more of a WR and maybe he blossoms.

I appreciate what he did for us and wish him luck!
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:11 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by tx4chiefs:
He'll only help them for the 4 or 5 games he's healthy. Then he'll just be paid to sit around.
Damn, you dumb as shit bro. The guy hadn't missed a game in 3 years until this season.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:26 AM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's not buying a house there when it's 1 year...
Yeah, buying a penthouse in New York is dumb unless you have Jennifer Lopez money.

He can rent an apartment in Hoboken at a price affordable to an NFL player.
[Reply]
scho63 12:28 PM 03-23-2023
These stats over 4 years are well below expectations and average at best.

His jet sweeps and sudden breakaways will be missed, not much else.
Attached: Capture.PNG (30.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:36 PM 03-23-2023
Why are you making this assumption?

#1 no one is buying a house with a 1 year contract. #2 highly doubtful he lives in NY.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 23
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up