ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 2688
« First < 212728293031 3233343541811315311031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:02 PM 04-28-2017
Mahomes' mechanics in his highlights are occasionally pretty bad, which is cause for concern. The staff wouldn't have taken him, though, if they didn't think they could clean them up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The same people outside of KC that don't think we can win a SB with Alex (everybody) are wondering why the Chiefs traded up for a QB instead of a "win now" move

This is beyond ****ing retarded
Every grade I've seen is a C or a C+. NFL.com actually gave us a B+.

Walterfootball.com graded it a C+ because of what we gave up.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Every grade I've seen is a C or a C+. NFL.com actually gave us a B+.

Walterfootball.com graded it a C+ because of what we gave up.
B+ is fair
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:13 PM 04-28-2017
Thanks for posting the Gruden QB camp.

Mahomes is the anti- Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:14 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
B+ is fair
The fact is its IMPOSSIBLE to grade the pick until you know how good he ends up being.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Mahomes' mechanics in his highlights are occasionally pretty bad, which is cause for concern. The staff wouldn't have taken him, though, if they didn't think they could clean them up.
I've said this before, but, bad mechanics are only bad when the pass is incomplete or the ball is turned over.

Otherwise, it's called "multiple throwing angles". See Phillip Rivers. Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre.

When i first watched Mahomes i thought, "Man, that's some bad mechanics".

But the more and more of him you watch, you realize it's not so much bad mechanics as it is simply incredible arm talent that allows him to free lance and move in an unorthodox fashion, ala Aaron Rodgers.

When a guy slides to his left and drops a 65 yard dime right between the numbers with his feet horizontal to the LoS, that's pure talent. Brady esque footwork won't matter much with that kind of arm talent.

That's what makes Aaron Rodgers so damn special.

If Mahomes fails it won't be because of mechanics. It'll be because he can't read a defense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:15 PM 04-28-2017
We got the best QB in my mind and he doesn't have the pressure on him to produce right now. Watson does and Mitch went number 2.

The fact that Watson went three is blowing the minds of the media because of his college success but he has a much lower ceiling and talent level that Mahomes. He was also on a better team. Doesn't have the arm but he did win and is more battle tested I guess.

I think we got it right passing on Watson. They spent months looking at him and talking to him and felt he was smarter and more talented. Watson can't throw the ball from anywhere on the field and get it there. Mahomes can.
[Reply]
CosmicPal 12:15 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Compounding that pick was the fact they gave up 3 additional picks to move up one spot to get a guy that would have been there at #3.

Massive desperation on the part of Ryan Pace and John Fox.
Agree.

I heard that John Lynch and the 49'ers called the Bears and told them that Cleveland was moving back up to take their 2nd pick and nab a QB.

They simply dangled the carrot in front of the Bears and they bit.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:16 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
sandy the stalker keeps tabs on Kaep's women and who they ****ed

LOL

U MAD?
Not at all, to both.

It was extremely wide-spread knowledge from SF fans about Kaep and Aldon's girl.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 04-28-2017
If the Texans are smart.....they'll go fucking offer Cutler a 1 year deal to come start for them next year. Sit Watson and don't throw him out there.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 12:19 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
We got the best QB in my mind and he doesn't have the pressure on him to produce right now. Watson does and Mitch went number 2.

The fact that Watson went three is blowing the minds of the media because of his college success but he has a much lower ceiling and talent level that Mahomes. He was also. On better a better team. Doesn't have the arm but he did win and is more battle tested I guess.

I think we got it right passing on Watson. They spent months looking at him and talking to him and felt he was smarter and more talented.
Living in Houston I got to hear some of their extremely positive commentary on Watson. Talking about "what he could become" it sounded like the most he could aim for would be a great game manager. I'd rather have the high ceiling opposed to a high floor.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:23 PM 04-28-2017
If the Texans are smart.....they'll go ****ing offer Cutler a 1 year deal to come start for them next year. Sit Watson and don't throw him out there.
They keep saying they are going with Savage this year. You know that means there will be people calling for Watson much sooner than later.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:24 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
They could have traded up and upgraded their defense to get over the top in 2017.
Can someone mail Ron Jenkins a flaming bag of dog shit?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:26 PM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Can someone mail Ron Jenkins a flaming bag of dog shit?
No, I don't think that's possible. It's probably a felony.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 04-28-2017
If the Texans are smart.....they'll go ****ing offer Cutler a 1 year deal to come start for them next year. Sit Watson and don't throw him out there.
Absolutely
[Reply]
Page 31 of 2688
« First < 212728293031 3233343541811315311031 > Last »
Up