ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Succession Season 4 Thread
staylor26 08:55 PM 03-26-2023
No thread for the final season of the best show still running?

First episode was fantastic. I have zero doubt this is going out with a bang.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:03 PM 04-09-2023
Wow. Didn’t see that one coming
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:04 PM 04-09-2023
FUCKING HELL this show is god fucking awesome. Just Jesus Christ, they get every fucking little tiny detail absolutely right. Timing, blocking, cuts, and FFS the performances are all fucking spot right the fuck on.

Shit is a master class. Absolutely brilliant filmmaking. If you would have told me they'd make a show about fucking billionaires, make them literally the worst people ever, put them in a super complex situation that I couldn't possibly relate to, and make them perfectly relatable and perfectly articulate where their heads are at through some glances, stuttering, and nuance, I'd have laughed you out of the room. But that's what happened.

And yeah, that is a fucking haymaker. And seemingly out of nowhere.

Spoiler!

This show man...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:09 PM 04-09-2023
Highly recommend watching the discussion post-episode about how they chained together the filming of this episode. Speaks to the brilliance of the entire process.
[Reply]
-King- 10:01 PM 04-09-2023
I honestly thought Tom and Logan were fucking with the kids at first and he was faking. Wow.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:13 PM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I honestly thought Tom and Logan were fucking with the kids at first and he was faking. Wow.
Think we all kinda felt that and it was very deliberate on the part of production.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 04-10-2023
Phenomenal episode.

This show is definitely going to finish top 3 all-time for me.

Breaking Bad
Sopranos
Succession
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:23 PM 04-10-2023
This show is so good, it's disgusting. I cant believe we get 7 episodes
Spoiler!
. It feels downright luxurious.
[Reply]
The Bunk 09:11 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If you would have told me they'd make a show about ****ing billionaires, make them literally the worst people ever, put them in a super complex situation that I couldn't possibly relate to, and make them perfectly relatable and perfectly articulate where their heads are at through some glances, stuttering, and nuance, I'd have laughed you out of the room. But that's what happened.
I paused the show 30 minutes into this episode, turned to my wife and said almost this exact same thing. This show is a work of art.

Originally Posted by -King-:
I honestly thought Tom and Logan were ****ing with the kids at first and he was faking. Wow.
I had to talk myself out of it repeatedly.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:14 PM 04-10-2023
I thought it made sense dramaturgically
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 11:33 PM 04-10-2023
I'll have to check this show out sometime
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:06 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought it made sense dramaturgically
I learned a new word. Thanks.

*Hope I am never required to pronounce it*
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:40 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I learned a new word. Thanks.

*Hope I am never required to pronounce it*
It's a direct quote from the post-episode interview with Jeremy Strong.

I thought he was BSing, and apparently so did a bunch of others, until I looked it up myself. The whole post-episode discussion is definitely worth watching.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:16 AM 04-11-2023
It says more about the common schlepp watching the show to think a) you'd fake a medical emergency of someone with prior serious health issues and b) talk shit about someone using a multisyllabic word
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:55 AM 04-11-2023
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It says more about the common schlepp watching the show to think a) you'd fake a medical emergency of someone with prior serious health issues and b) talk shit about someone using a multisyllabic word
Excuse me, but those commoners in the pit are suddenly having an opinion about MY show. How can they appreciate Shakespeare when they cannot appreciate a bath!?
[Reply]
Cheater5 03:12 PM 04-12-2023
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;">View this post on Instagram

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none;" target="_blank">A post shared by Grill Guy (@grillguy)

I saw this and instantly thought of this thread.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up