Donger 12:06 PM 12-19-2022
I'm in. :-)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 PM 12-19-2022
masterful

just the music is getting me in the theater
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 PM 12-19-2022
Lost me at Christopher Nolan. Fuck him. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:39 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
He has one of the most important and terrifying quotes in the history of Earth.

I can’t imagine living with what he had to live with. Creating something powerful enough to end humanity.

I am ready for this movie. The cast is fantastic, too.
Throw that book I mentioned on audible.

It is a fascinating listen. I'm sure there are other good books about it too, but this looked at the human element of the job. It's really fucking good.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:52 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Lost me at Christopher Nolan. Fuck him. :-)
Interesting. Nolan isn't universally loved, but I think you're the first person I've seen that went to "fuck him". There has to be a specific reason...
[Reply]
Jenson71 12:14 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Throw that book I mentioned on audible.

It is a fascinating listen. I'm sure there are other good books about it too, but this looked at the human element of the job. It's really ****ing good.
Richard Rhodes, a KC native, wrote the definitive book on the subject, The Making of the Atomic Bomb, which won the Pulitzer Prize.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:28 AM 12-20-2022
Ohh dis looks good.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:23 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Interesting. Nolan isn't universally loved, but I think you're the first person I've seen that went to "fuck him". There has to be a specific reason...
You must not be paying attention, because I loathe that fucker.

I really enjoyed some of his earlier stuff, but started to tire of his crap starting with Dark Knight. It's like he's in a race to constantly outthink himself and make the stories in his movies more and more ridiculously overblown. I'm sick of it. Movies are supposed to be about entertainment. I don't find convoluted shit that needs to be debated to discover the "true meaning" entertaining.

The last movie he did that I didn't mind was Inception, which was still nuts but enjoyable. Everything since has just annoyed the fuck out of me. Even though I hated Interstellar, when I heard he was doing a movie about Dunkirk I figured I'd check it out, because he'd probably not go full retard with a real historical event. WRONG. He hopscotched the timeline all over the place.

I think he's a talented director, but he basically just douches shit up to do it. I have no desire to ever watch another one of his movies. Heard Tenet sucked. Alas, I'll never know.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:46 AM 12-20-2022
You must not be paying attention, because I loathe that ****er.

I really enjoyed some of his earlier stuff, but started to tire of his crap starting with Dark Knight. It's like he's in a race to constantly outthink himself and make the stories in his movies more and more ridiculously overblown. I'm sick of it. Movies are supposed to be about entertainment. I don't find convoluted shit that needs to be debated to discover the "true meaning" entertaining.

The last movie he did that I didn't mind was Inception, which was still nuts but enjoyable. Everything since has just annoyed the **** out of me. Even though I hated Interstellar, when I heard he was doing a movie about Dunkirk I figured I'd check it out, because he'd probably not go full reerun with a real historical event. WRONG. He hopscotched the timeline all over the place.

I think he's a talented director, but he basically just douches shit up to do it. I have no desire to ever watch another one of his movies. Heard Tenet sucked. Alas, I'll never know.
If you are a Nolan hater, you should definitely watch TENET.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:54 AM 12-20-2022
You must not be paying attention, because I loathe that ****er.

The last movie he did that I didn't mind was Inception, which was still nuts but enjoyable. Everything since has just annoyed the **** out of me. Even though I hated Interstellar, when I heard he was doing a movie about Dunkirk I figured I'd check it out, because he'd probably not go full reerun with a real historical event. WRONG. He hopscotched the timeline all over the place.

I think Tenet was one of his worst movies. Dunkirk was good but there is alot of WW2 movie apathy nowadays. Certainly has been trending down but he's still one of the best.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:40 AM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If you are a Nolan hater, you should definitely watch TENET.
TENET is shit. I was disappointed while watching it and grew annoyed with it in retrospect. One of the dumbest treatments of time travel that I've ever seen.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:43 AM 12-20-2022

The last movie he did that I didn't mind was Inception, which was still nuts but enjoyable. Everything since has just annoyed the fuck out of me. Even though I hated Interstellar, when I heard he was doing a movie about Dunkirk I figured I'd check it out, because he'd probably not go full reerun with a real historical event. WRONG. He hopscotched the timeline all over the place.

I enjoyed Inception. Enough science mixed in with the mumbo jumbo to make it entertaining and enough latitude in the plot points to make it engaging.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:51 AM 12-20-2022

The last movie he did that I didn't mind was Inception, which was still nuts but enjoyable. Everything since has just annoyed the fuck out of me. Even though I hated Interstellar, when I heard he was doing a movie about Dunkirk I figured I'd check it out, because he'd probably not go full reerun with a real historical event. WRONG. He hopscotched the timeline all over the place.

You are correct. And also, fair enough. :-)

He's not perfect by any means, and Dunkirk and Tenet were certainly misses by what he's established his standards to be imho (and it's funny you brought up Dark Knight - what you feel with that movie is exactly how I feel with Dark Knight Rises). But I'm certainly not attempting to sway you back, lol. Hopefully this turns out to be an amazing flick and you decide to give it a go in spite of.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:03 PM 12-20-2022
They will probably turn Oppenheimer into a transgender and we will find out that nothing could have happened without a black woman's help.
[Reply]
Miles 04:38 PM 12-20-2022
Really looking forward to this one. Wonder if Nolan will finally get the note that it’s helpful if the audience can actually hear the dialogue in the sound mix?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:07 PM 12-25-2022
Yeah count me in as someone that loved Dunkirk.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up