ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>John Wick 4 (2023)
Tribal Warfare 09:34 PM 07-22-2022

[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:35 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
nice to see some good reviews rolling in.

I loved the first John Wick and the second was good. The third got kinda stupid, so I figured the 4th would be awful.
3rd is the worst one, this one isn't anything like it. This one has like 7 full course meals packed into 2 hours and 50 minutes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:27 PM 03-26-2023
Huge hit

The latest installment in the Keanu Reeves-led franchise grossed $137.5 million worldwide and ranked at No. 1 at the weekend’s domestic box office.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:25 AM 03-27-2023

Meanwhile, 58-year old Keanu Reeves doing 90% of his stunts in John Wick 4.

(Via MayhemMedia: https://t.co/9LQ9v5oLCI) pic.twitter.com/DWNAQUSpaU

— Trung Phan (@TrungTPhan) March 26, 2023

[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:07 PM 03-28-2023
Great movie
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:04 PM 03-29-2023
Nice homages to Hotline Miami and The Warriors in there.

Pretty cool flick. Not sure I'd sit through the entire thing again, but there are definitely some amazing skip to scenes to rewatch.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:05 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
#5. #6 whatever I'll watch it.

BTW, its widely known but maybe some on the Planet dont know.... anyway...

He has given every penny he has made from all the Matrix movies and John Wick movies to charity.
https://www.newsweek.com/keanu-reeve...bunked-1665849

Hate to burst your bubble, but even though Keanu is an outstanding person the story about him donating all the money from those movies to charity is false.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:52 PM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
https://www.newsweek.com/keanu-reeve...bunked-1665849

Hate to burst your bubble, but even though Keanu is an outstanding person the story about him donating all the money from those movies to charity is false.
Well that sucks. Thought there was at least one good person in Hollywood.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:31 PM 04-06-2023
Loved it, even if a few scenes made me groan, lol.

- Donnie Yen is a badass

- It was bittersweet seeing Lance Reddick, especially the way he went out in the movie

- I love the mythology of the table and the families they've built up over these films

- Ian McShane is great in literally everything

- Loved Nobody's lever action carbine. And his dog, too. NUTS

- Probably the best action sequencing of any of the Wick films; I loved the scene where the camera was looking down on the action as they moved through the abandoned house, that was fantastic

- Bill Skarsgard did a great job playing a smarmy, cocky prick

- The stairs sequence was simultaneously amazing and completely ridiculous, lol

- That's not really it, right??

- Stick around for an after credits scene
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:46 AM 04-09-2023
Love Donnie Yen in this film.

The stairs scene was funny.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:50 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jeez...

Those escalator steps have sharp edges. I was at an airport going up one and was starring at my phone not paying attn when a guy in front of me lost handle on 2 of his large pelican cases and they came crashing down on me and knocked me back a step or 2 and I banged my knee on edge of one of those and it cut my leg a bit just below my knee.

Cant imagine falling down one of those. Has to hurt a bit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:51 AM 04-09-2023
[QUOTE=Bowser;16893158]

- It was bittersweet seeing Lance Reddick, especially the way he went out in the movie

/QUOTE]He has already finished filmed him scenes for the ballarina movie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:58 AM 04-09-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:

He has already finished filmed his scenes for the ballarina movie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 04-09-2023
Just like the titular hero of the breathtaking action franchise, John Wick: Chapter 4 has continued its ruthless assault on the global box office this weekend. The Chad Stahelski-directed film crossed an estimated $300 million at the Global Box office on Sunday.

To date, John Wick: Chapter 4's stunning box office performance is made up of an estimated domestic (North America) gross of approximately $147.06 million thus far and $159 million internationally, combining for a $306.06 million total.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 AM 05-25-2023
Finally got a chance to see this. It was fun. But it did push the boundaries of ridiculousness quite a bit. At least for a Wick film. The kevlar dress suits were dumb. Lifting your jacket to block bullets was really cringe, and took me out of the moment. As well as having a blind guy take out many dozens of bad guys and beat Wick, just because. Seemed unnecessary.

The visuals were stunning though. There was a running theme of soaking the action in shades of red, and it was really cool. The good more than outweighed the bad. Fun movie.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:08 AM 05-26-2023
While I really enjoyed the movie overall, could have edited out 30 minutes or more and had a better movie.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up