ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
listopencil 10:29 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ok, this is high praise coming from you. Going to go check this out immediately.
Go watch it as soon as you can.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:33 AM 07-07-2022
Brave New Worlds is, I swear, Star Trek in every single way that Discovery isn't.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:06 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just finished the season finale. Not only the best episode of the season, but it ranks among the best Star Trek episodes ever. Absolutely fantastic.
Gonna watch it tonight, but this is high praise. I have really enjoyed Strange New Worlds--even at its worst it has been light years ahead of Picard and Discovery.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:08 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
OK. Good. Because if you said anything other than that I would have told you to go **** yourself. That shit was golden.
This makes me wish Season 1 was longer. Season 2 is already in production at least. Hopefully Paramount recognizes what a success this is and Trek can continue to move in that direction.

Early speculation on Picard Season 3 gives me a little hope...I still need to finish up Season 2---but it has been such a dissappoint so far.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:38 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Go watch it as soon as you can.
Frazod didn't lie, that was as good as Star Trek has been in quite some time. Many, many subtle nods to its own past that were done fantastically. They took a "same old, same old" formula and mastered it for this episode.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:14 PM 07-07-2022
So many cool things about this episode.

Spoiler!

This episode really exists in rarified air. I'd put it the top ten all time, and I don't say that lightly. We haven't seen Star Trek this good since DS9. Really looking forward to season 2.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:27 PM 07-07-2022

Spoiler!

This episode really exists in rarified air. I'd put it the top ten all time, and I don't say that lightly. We haven't seen Star Trek this good since DS9. Really looking forward to season 2.
Also

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 03:01 PM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Also

Spoiler!
They lifted several musical cues from the original episode as well.
[Reply]
Snica 07:53 PM 07-07-2022
Absolutely great episode.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 03:34 AM 07-08-2022

Spoiler!

is o
Completely agree...this episode was amazing and one of the best of any Trek ever.

The TOS episode they refer back to is one of my favorites, and the music, dialogue, and scenes they replayed all turned out excellent.

Can't wait for the next season......and Lord knows, I have not said that about Trek for a long, long, time.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:47 AM 07-08-2022
They lifted several musical cues from the original episode as well.
I have loved all the musical cues they've lifted for the series as a whole. A TON of them sprinkled in here and there in every episode.

This series has nearly redeemed Paramount for the disaster that is Discovery.

Very excited to see season 2!

Though I have to say I'll be sad if #1 stays in lockup.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:45 AM 07-08-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 08:22 PM 07-08-2022
This season was way too short, damnit!
[Reply]
Bowser 08:40 AM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
This season was way too short, damnit!
I thought that as well. Maybe with the feedback they'll have gotten from the first season, they'll find some funding to add some more eps next season. Hopefully.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:59 AM 07-09-2022

Spoiler!

There is just so much good stuff to mull over from this episode that I am still soaking it in. I mean, that is how you do a season ender, holy shit. I might go back and watch the entire season again. One of the things I liked about the episode that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that it really hammers home exactly why Spock did (will do) what he did (does) for Pike in The Menagerie. It's not just loyalty. It's not just friendship. It's a debt of honor that must be repaid and damn the costs or consequences. The showrunners have taken a throwaway pilot that was repurposed for budget reasons (IIRC) and just exploded from that starting point.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up