ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Media Center>Ted Lasso is a good show
BWillie 10:26 AM 09-04-2020
It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:26 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I actually think this season has been very good IF every episode cut all the storylines in half. That probably also gets back to the right balance between comedy and drama. I'm actually glad theyre calling it early rather than shows that strung it out too long. But they're obviously trying to wrap up a million story lines in one season. Kind of reminds me of the beginning of the last season of game of thrones. Trying to cram way too much into each episode
Yeah, they've tried to develop too many characters over the past few seasons and spread themselves way too thin in trying to close all of their arcs in S3. In doing so, it's detrimentally affected all of the characters' storylines.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:28 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Undeniably true. The Roy/Jamie bit was great. And has been all season.

It was about the only enjoyable 10 minutes of a 67 minute episode.

Episode 7 was only marginally better, though I did like Ola. He's just a cool character and actor.
They haven't honestly spent enough time with either to my liking this season. If this show is ending for good (which I think it should at this point, the well has run dry on a lot of these characters especially Ted), I wouldn't be opposed to a Roy spinoff of some kind.
[Reply]
srvy 11:54 PM 05-19-2023
It went off the rails in the second season but even then every episode has something that tugs at my Midwest roots and values. For that, I will watch it till the end and take the good with the bad.
[Reply]
srvy 11:59 PM 05-19-2023
In the end, my favorite character in the whole series has been the old gal pub owner and the folks that frequent her pub. Strange I know but I look forward to her short but eloquent quips.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:04 PM 05-22-2023
Bunch of negative nancies in this thread.

I loved seasons 1 and 2 of Ted Lasso, one of my favorite shows. And Roy Kent is one of my all time favorite TV characters.

Season 3 got off to a slow start, didn't like Keeley's storyline much, her office staff suck and Jack sucks too. But I have really enjoyed the second half, starting with the Amsterdam episode (that so many on here hated, but I liked), and all the ones since then. I feel like it will end strong, though fairly predictable (which is fine, I'm all for happy endings for a comedy show).

I know this, I'll miss it once it's over. It's our Tuesday night routine for my wife and daughter and I, and one of the few shows we all agree on and like watching together.

Oh, and here are my predictions:

- Rebecca is going to end up with Dutch Guy after all, and his daughter will fulfill her mom prediction

- Ted goes back home to his son, and maybe to his wife as well, I'm leaning yes to that

- Roy becomes head coach of Richmond

- Nate ends up coaching a smaller team

- Trent Crimm will call his book "Believe", which will also be #4 of the four things about Total Football

That's all I got!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 05-23-2023
Yeah, I think it's time for Ted to go home.

Though I could just see Nate sticking with Richmond and being an assistant with Roy.

I hope they don't go full Disney and have Richmond winning the Premier League or anything. That's just a bridge too far in a sport where teams like Arsenal or Chelsea will just throw a billion dollars at someone if they're not winning by enough.

Some plucky upstart picked for relegation to begin the season that's operating on relative shoestring budget just isn't gonna win that thing. It'd be like Williams winning an F1 title - doesn't happen. I guess it's happened once (Leicester City) but it's just hokey, IMO.
[Reply]
scho63 08:35 PM 05-23-2023
Tried to watch and couldn't get into it. Not going to try again. Too much other good shit to sample.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:10 PM 05-23-2023
Much better episode.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:13 AM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I think it's time for Ted to go home.

Though I could just see Nate sticking with Richmond and being an assistant with Roy.

I hope they don't go full Disney and have Richmond winning the Premier League or anything. That's just a bridge too far in a sport where teams like Arsenal or Chelsea will just throw a billion dollars at someone if they're not winning by enough.

Some plucky upstart picked for relegation to begin the season that's operating on relative shoestring budget just isn't gonna win that thing. It'd be like Williams winning an F1 title - doesn't happen. I guess it's happened once (Leicester City) but it's just hokey, IMO.
I think they're going to win it and Leicester is the reason.

The reveal at the end of 3x11. Back to good story telling.

I'm going to miss this show. It helped get me through some really tough times.

Although, apparently Apple TV is listing 3x12 as the "season finale" and not the "series finale" so...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:26 AM 05-24-2023
That certainly felt like an ending to Jamie's arc in that one.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:57 PM 05-24-2023
Colquitt was the guy who tried to give Jamie a high five and got him in the face.
[Reply]
srvy 11:09 PM 05-24-2023
Best episode of the season IMO
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:36 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I think they're going to win it and Leicester is the reason.

The reveal at the end of 3x11. Back to good story telling.

I'm going to miss this show. It helped get me through some really tough times.

Although, apparently Apple TV is listing 3x12 as the "season finale" and not the "series finale" so...
I haven't actually seen 3x11 yet.

But I just watched 3x10 last night and it was something of a return to form. Really good episode.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:41 AM 05-25-2023
‘Ted Lasso’-inspired pop-up bar coming to Kansas City area
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:21 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
‘Ted Lasso’-inspired pop-up bar coming to Kansas City area
Sounds fun, but unfortunately my calendar isn’t going to allow me to make it there.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up