ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>Ted Lasso is a good show
BWillie 10:26 AM 09-04-2020
It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

[Reply]
Third Eye 07:42 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I was just watching S3 latest episode - 8. Am I the only person that noticed that when Nate hooked up with Jade, the chick from the restaurant that she went to go pee and Nate hears her peeing like a man? So now she’s a transgender?
I doubt you’re the only one to project whatever shit you got going on regardless of how disconnected it is from reality.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:13 PM 05-09-2023
truth in everything.
Attached: FvvSBY7X0AEk4Dr.jpg (50.2 KB) 
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:32 AM 05-10-2023
That Roy Kent press conference scene was great in that one.

And Sudeikis finding a way to get a shot in at the Broncos out of nowhere.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:03 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
truth in everything.
I love that they came back and underlined that part, in case anyone missed it.

Also, " Everyone of you knows my arse isn't hairy. Yet not one of you spoke up." had me laughing.
[Reply]
007 07:01 PM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That Roy Kent press conference scene was great in that one.

And Sudeikis finding a way to get a shot in at the Broncos out of nowhere.

Damn gay ass Broncos fans.

NTTAWWT
[Reply]
DCTwister 03:48 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I doubt you’re the only one to project whatever shit you got going on regardless of how disconnected it is from reality.
Meh, whatever. I’m sure I heard it wrong.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:13 AM 05-16-2023
This show is getting a lot of hate due to all of the LGBTQ+ pandering, but truthfully it's the world we now live in, and I still think the writing is fine.

I still enjoy this show.

The jab at Broncos fans was amazing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05-16-2023, 07:36 PM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief.
DJ's left nut 08:27 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
This show is getting a lot of hate due to all of the LGBTQ+ pandering, but truthfully it's the world we now live in, and I still think the writing is fine.

I still enjoy this show.

The jab at Broncos fans was amazing.
The Amsterdam episode deserves any heat it gets. It was just stupid. There was 4 minutes of actual substance and the rest weird and unnecessary gay storylines that they've been telegraphing all season. It was just hamfisted.

I hope it improves a bit. They took so much guff for not having a real antagonist in S2 that they've tried desperately to shoehorn Nate into the role but don't seem to have any idea what to actually do with his character at this point.

I dunno - it's had some genuinely funny moments but almost all of them center around Roy and Jamie. And Zava was pretty great for a bit there.

But the rest....eh.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:44 AM 05-17-2023
Weirdly the Amsterdam episode is the only one I've enjoyed so far. Not trying to crossover too much with some of my Barry disappointments but my god have they completely Neutered Ted this season and given him nothing to do. Watching him just be a stump on a log as the team shits the bed is completely immersion breaking. Lawrence's absence as the show runner is felt through and through; the shows' heart feels manufactured by committee. At this point I'm only watching because my wife wants to.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Weirdly the Amsterdam episode is the only one I've enjoyed so far. Not trying to crossover too much with some of my Barry disappointments but my god have they completely Neutered Ted this season and given him nothing to do. Watching him just be a stump on a log as the team shits the bed is completely immersion breaking. Lawrence's absence as the show runner is felt through and through; the shows' heart feels manufactured by committee. At this point I'm only watching because my wife wants to.
An hour long bottle episode is the definition of gilding a lily. And I think that was ultimately my biggest issue with it.

Though the idea of an American theme restaurant in Amsterdam is fascinating to me. And yeah, if I'd spent 2+ years living in England (english food suuuuuucks) I'd absolutely go ham there even if it's a lousy facsimile of true Americana.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:57 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
An hour long bottle episode is the definition of gilding a lily. And I think that was ultimately my biggest issue with it.

Though the idea of an American theme restaurant in Amsterdam is fascinating to me. And yeah, if I'd spent 2+ years living in England (english food suuuuuucks) I'd absolutely go ham there even if it's a lousy facsimile of true Americana.
At least it's a significantly better bottle episode than the crappy coach Beard episode from Season 2 (his character is so cringe), and this one still had a decent budget (can't say the same for Barry's Tricky Legacies).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
At least it's a significantly better bottle episode than the crappy coach Beard episode from Season 2 (his character is so cringe), and this one still had a decent budget (can't say the same for Barry's Tricky Legacies).
I almost specifically noted that Coach Beard got too much screen time in the Amsterdam episode.

Yeah, I pretty much have no use for Coach Beard. They've expanded a role that should've been nothing more than a sort of philosopher Tex Winters.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:25 PM 05-17-2023
God episode 7 is a steaming pile of woke crap. Jesus.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:46 PM 05-17-2023
This show has become an introspective drama comprised of several divergent storylines.

Or you know, a bit far away from what made it so great in Season 1.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:56 PM 05-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This show has become an introspective drama comprised of several divergent storylines.

Or you know, a bit far away from what made it so great in Season 1.
It's the most contrived garbage I've seen in quite some time.

"I don't chew my cheerios to save my energy in case class warfare breaks out".

Has to be the worst line of dialogue I've ever been subjected to.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up