ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 435
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
TLO 07:06 PM 10-08-2019
Veach making moves
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:08 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Clark really.....

What stands out to me is that Wilson just stands there and wastes the double team Chris Jones is fighting through. It's like he's just waiting for the OL to get off and up to the next level. DO SOMETHING!
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 PM 10-08-2019
Running away from, chips, do you even watch?, bad QB matchup, might be hurt.

CP analysis, never change.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:12 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
What stands out to me is that Wilson just stands there and wastes the double team Chris Jones is fighting through. It's like he's just waiting for the OL to get off and up to the next level. DO SOMETHING!
Yeah, and that's just basic LB 101 right there. Meet the runner in the hole. You don't wait for him to get through the hole and then try to make a tackle.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:40 PM 10-08-2019
Please more Niemann!!!

I’d love to see more of this. They bring Niemann in for a blitz so it eliminates their ability to double and clogs up the middle. Throw this in the keep pile! #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/dcigvojElp

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 9, 2019

[Reply]
BF88 12:33 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's pretty clear he's hurt.

Dominant players don't turn into shit overnight.
Ever heard of Albert Haynesworth?
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:05 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BF88:
Ever heard of Albert Haynesworth?
Wasn't he diagnosed with a mental disorder?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:54 AM 10-09-2019
I watched a lot of Jacobs' clips. The LBers do not fill gaps. I don't know why they aren't putting Ragland in more now that teams are running on us, at will.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:10 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I watched a lot of Jacobs' clips. The LBers do not fill gaps. I don't know why they aren't putting Ragland in more now that teams are running on us, at will.
Might as well try.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:41 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
This is what I was kept saying last year when everyone was complaining about Bob Stutton's 'complicated schemes...'

What Sutton was asking his players, especially his LBers, to do was actually very simple stuff. It was basic flow/fill concepts that we've been taught since high school. You could point to game after game after game where the scheme was obvious but guys like Hitchens (and yes, Ragland) were just not handling their assignments and hitting their gaps.

His schemes weren't complicated - the players just weren't executing basic stuff. And they still aren't so the run defense is still bad.

The failures in the run defense were not scheme based last year. The only reason I held out some hope for improvement was the 4-3 shift at least puts a little more mass in the middle and basic physics should help there. But guys still aren't getting into their gaps and filling like they're supposed to.

I honestly don't know what the answer is at this point. You can only do so much to prevent those kinds of runs if your guys aren't doing their jobs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:45 AM 10-09-2019
It's pretty clear he's hurt.

Dominant players don't turn into shit overnight.
He was never a dominant player.

At his very best he was only a good player. Never made a Pro Bowl; never made an All Pro team. His run defense was only ever solid. His pressure rates (which are usually more predictive) amounted to good production but not spectacular. Frank Clark has never had a single season at the top of his position.

That's why I was down on this move from the start - for this trade to be a success Clark couldn't even be as good as he'd been in Seattle - he had to be better than he'd EVER been in his career. He'd have to show a level he hadn't shown in 4 years under one of the better defensive coaches in the sport.

Too many fans saw him as the guy they really wanted him to be rather than the guy he'd established himself as in Seattle. He may still prove to be a good player here at some point - but he's not going to be a 'dominant' one.

He never has been. Veach is guilty of seeing what he wanted to see in Frank Clark - not what is actually there. And merely good players hit the wall overnight all the time due to a variety of things.

There's a real chance that this deal is a disaster when all is said and done.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:52 AM 10-09-2019
Disagree entirely. His production was nearly identical to Khalil Mack's.

This kind of gargantuan dropoff doesn't happen overnight without a real reason.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:56 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is what I was kept saying last year when everyone was complaining about Bob Stutton's 'complicated schemes...'

What Sutton was asking his players, especially his LBers, to do was actually very simple stuff. It was basic flow/fill concepts that we've been taught since high school. You could point to game after game after game where the scheme was obvious but guys like Hitchens (and yes, Ragland) were just not handling their assignments and hitting their gaps.

His schemes weren't complicated - the players just weren't executing basic stuff. And they still aren't so the run defense is still bad.

The failures in the run defense were not scheme based last year. The only reason I held out some hope for improvement was the 4-3 shift at least puts a little more mass in the middle and basic physics should help there. But guys still aren't getting into their gaps and filling like they're supposed to.

I honestly don't know what the answer is at this point. You can only do so much to prevent those kinds of runs if your guys aren't doing their jobs.
So you are saying they are all functionally retarded.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:06 AM 10-09-2019
Disagree entirely. His production was nearly identical to Khalil Mack's.

This kind of gargantuan dropoff doesn't happen overnight without a real reason.
Never made a Pro Bowl, never made an All Pro team.

No, he was never anything approaching the impact player that Khalil Mack was. Are you all really that hung up on the fact that he happened to kick the holy shit out of us last year? Or is this just an attempt to double down when the excuses aren't doing the job?

When you can't say "well he's actually been pretty good!" anymore (I still can't believe people were actually doing that 3 weeks in), you have to just justify the struggles instead.

Dominant players will succeed regardless of the system. Merely good players fail because they're not in an ideal situation all the time. Frank Clark is the latter. He's not a guy you build your defense around - he's the guy you add if your defense is specifically suited for him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:11 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

This. The guys were in good position last year, they just didn't make plays.

This year, they're not even in position to make plays.

It's somehow become worse.

Sutton has to be laughing.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 435
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up