ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 63
« First < 12525859606162 63 >
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
unlurking 08:44 AM 11-21-2021
I've quite enjoyed Lower Decks. Definitely "Trek Lite", but at least it's enjoyable and a good laugh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:08 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:

Can you imagine how the end of Inner Light would be filmed today? There would be 8 quick cuts and a revolving dolly shot before Picard even makes it to the window. He would also be streaming (lens flared) tears so the audience doesn't miss the fact that he's sad. And finally we'd be treated to a bittersweet solo flute version of a David Bowie song or something as the camera slowly pulls back from the Enterprise.
I really like the Borg and Q episodes but I think this is still my favorite episode ever. If I won the lottery, I’d track down the flute owner and make him an offer he can’t refuse.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:54 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
That DS9 documentary “What We Left Behind” that Ira Behr made had an HD remastered sequence from one of the big Dominion battles. Was short, but cool.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. I enjoyed that documentary. Good tribute to a deserving show.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:07 AM 11-22-2021
My Star Trek pipe dream is they bring in Ira Behr and let him revive DS9 as they outlined in the doc. I didn't love every idea they proposed (I'm burned out on Section 31) but I liked a lot of it. Specifically the idea that the Jem'Hadar would convert to worshiping the Prophets and align with Bajor is interesting, and logically makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
notorious 06:36 AM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
My Star Trek pipe dream is they bring in Ira Behr and let him revive DS9 as they outlined in the doc. I didn't love every idea they proposed (I'm burned out on Section 31) but I liked a lot of it. Specifically the idea that the Jem'Hadar would convert to worshiping the Prophets and align with Bajor is interesting, and logically makes a lot of sense.
I haven’t watched the doc, but it would be really interesting to see Bajor become the bully with all that military might behind them.

You could even bring back Sisko a few times.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:44 AM 11-22-2021
Why would the Jem'Hadar worship the Prophets?
[Reply]
notorious 09:39 AM 11-22-2021
/waves hand sprinkling Star Trek magic story dust
[Reply]
Jamie 01:40 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I haven’t watched the doc, but it would be really interesting to see Bajor become the bully with all that military might behind them.
And you could make the argument that Bajor could be an ascending power on its own. They came out of the Dominion War relatively unscathed while everyone else took heavy losses. Cardassia is leveled and it was said in an episode the Klingons would take a decade to recover. On top of that Romulus is destroyed.

They were engineered to worship the Founders, it would make sense if the Founders freed them that they'd want something to fill that void. And given the role the Prophets played in the war, the Jem'Hadar would know they're real and respect their power.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:29 PM 11-22-2021
And you could make the argument that Bajor could be an ascending power on its own. They came out of the Dominion War relatively unscathed while everyone else took heavy losses. Cardassia is leveled and it was said in an episode the Klingons would take a decade to recover. On top of that Romulus is destroyed.

They were engineered to worship the Founders, it would make sense if the Founders freed them that they'd want something to fill that void. And given the role the Prophets played in the war, the Jem'Hadar would know they're real and respect their power.

Well, my next question would be "Why would the Founders release them?"

To which your reply should be "Go watch the documentary and find out!"

I've mentioned this before, but the early DS9 Relaunch novels aren't bad. The books between "Avatar" and "Unity" form a pseudo season 8. The usual caveats about tie-in fiction apply, of course.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 AM 11-23-2021
Maybe the comic book will be a hit and we finally get to see some Klingons in action on the big screen.

In 2022, Star Trek: Klingons will chronicle the legendary life of Kahless the Unforgettable. IDW Publishing announced it would release Star Trek: Klingons in February. The comic book is the first installment in a series of extra-long one-shots spotlighting the Star Trek franchise's most iconic alien species. Writers Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly, writers/showrunners of the hit series Star Trek: Year Five, team up with artist Timothy Green II (Star-Lord, Annihilators, Animal Man) to tell the legend of Kahless the Unforgettable, the greatest warrior of the Klingon Empire, from the death of his cowardly brother Morath to his victory at Three Turn Bridge.

"I was, in large part, raised by Star Trek… and no culture helped me come to terms with my masculinity, my anger, and my personal code of honor more than the Klingons," says Lanzing in a press release. "So when I tell you the only thing more exciting to me than taking the Enterprise crew on their final journey in Star Trek: Year Five is getting to show the man behind the myth of Kahless The Unforgettable, you can believe it."
[Reply]
Jamie 04:13 AM 11-23-2021
Well, my next question would be "Why would the Founders release them?"

To which your reply should be "Go watch the documentary and find out!"
They actually don't go into it. I guess the assumption would be that the Founders actually did turn over a new leaf, because if they didn't the war would eventually start back up. And if their intentions were disingenuous Odo would know about it through the link.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:10 AM 11-23-2021

Or how about we just flush the JJ shit down the toilet and keep Romulus around?
[Reply]
notorious 09:49 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Or how about we just flush the JJ shit down the toilet and keep Romulus around?
****ing this.

I don’t know a single trek fan that considers the JJ or Picard timelines as the main timeline.

It’s just side-show spin-off.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:54 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
****ing this.

I don’t know a single trek fan that considers the JJ or Picard timelines as the main timeline.

It’s just side-show spin-off.

The posters on the Trek forums seem to love the new shows. Mostly. Somebody is watching this stuff or there wouldn't be so many new shows, right? I don't get it, but I don't understand a lot of things so it's just par for the course at this point.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:05 PM 11-23-2021
The posters on the Trek forums seem to love the new shows. Mostly. Somebody is watching this stuff or there wouldn't be so many new shows, right? I don't get it, but I don't understand a lot of things so it's just par for the course at this point.
I think they are just throwing shit out there so they have content for their streaming platform. Got a T-Mobile email saying they were giving customers a 1 year subscription to Paramount+ so I figured I'd go check out their content. Even free I didn't sign up.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 63
« First < 12525859606162 63 >
Up