ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:42 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
LOL. did you really enjoy Nope?
I did. Matter of fact i've seen it multiple times.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:26 PM 06-07-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I did. Matter of fact i've seen it multiple times.
I didnt hate it, just was expecting something much different.

(still think it's "jaws" in the skies :-) )
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:42 PM 06-07-2023
I didnt hate it, just was expecting something much different.

(still think it's "jaws" in the skies :-) )
Im a Peele fan. Also a fan of the actors he often uses.

I thought the movie was clever, engaging and full of easter eggs and foreshadowing. Very well shot.

But im into unorthodox movies. I find them refreshing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:12 PM 06-07-2023
I posted this in the New Movies thread

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I enjoyed Nope

It was a bit scattered but felt like something new and the cinematography was superb. Soundtrack is fire too.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:33 PM 06-07-2023
I posted this in the New Movies thread

I agree on the cinematography. I was a film major in college, so it’s not lost on me, by any means.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:17 AM 06-24-2023
I watched the new Evil Dead Rises. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

If you’re a fan of the franchise, you’ll likely enjoy it too. It was full of the typical shock gore and practical effects you’d come to expect from one of these movies.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 04:13 PM 07-03-2023
I too watched Evil Dead Rise recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There were some missed opportunities for sure, like zero titties shown when specifically portraying characters as a single mom and an alleged groupie, but I digress.

My initial thought was that it started strong then bogged during the family dynamic setup when I admit my ADHD was like lets just get to the killing shall we?

In retrospect though, that part was really really well done. It was like a nod to single (widowed) mom Lacille LaRusso moving her young son Daniel to a new town in Karate Kid except more current where one kid might be binary, one an aspiring DJ, and a little girl who could've been Drew Barrymore's doppelganger from ET. Anyway, they captured the down on their luck, broken family sticking together throwback vibe of the 80s which we all associate with Evil Dead.

The kids even took moms station wagon out for pizza, which was brilliant, and them dropping it causing it to slide all over the boxes was as horrific as anything else in the movie for someone with OCD.

Brilliantly done and great attention to detail that I didn't fully appreciate at the time.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:31 PM 07-03-2023
Just saw that the new Evil Dead is on HBO Max...or whatever it's called now.

Can't fucking wait. I need a good two hours of people shutting the fuck up first so i can lay down and watch it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:35 PM 07-03-2023
I too watched Evil Dead Rise recently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There were some missed opportunities for sure, like zero titties shown when specifically portraying characters as a single mom and an alleged groupie, but I digress.

My initial thought was that it started strong then bogged during the family dynamic setup when I admit my ADHD was like lets just get to the killing shall we?

In retrospect though, that part was really really well done. It was like a nod to single (widowed) mom Lacille LaRusso moving her young son Daniel to a new town in Karate Kid except more current where one kid might be binary, one an aspiring DJ, and a little girl who could've been Drew Barrymore's doppelganger from ET. Anyway, they captured the down on their luck, broken family sticking together throwback vibe of the 80s which we all associate with Evil Dead.

The kids even took moms station wagon out for pizza, which was brilliant, and them dropping it causing it to slide all over the boxes was as horrific as anything else in the movie for someone with OCD.

Brilliantly done and great attention to detail that I didn't fully appreciate at the time.
Them leaving the perfectly edible pizzas after the earthquake was actually the least believable part of the whole movie
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:45 PM 07-03-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Them leaving the perfectly edible pizzas after the earthquake was actually the least believable part of the whole movie
Told me they weren’t struggling that hard

3 whole ass boxes of pizza?

I’d of stiff armed my brother into Freddy Kruger himself to save that pizza as a kid
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 AM 08-14-2023
Infinity Pool is pretty nuts

Its got Madsen from Succession in it

Definitely on the artsy side of the horror genre and runs a bit long but is definitely a unique and disturbing story

Its one of those WTF did I just watch kind of films if you're into that

[Reply]
Rasputin 02:40 AM 08-19-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Damn this looks awesome! Looks as tense and full of dread like 30 Days of Night. Def going to see it.

One of my favorite Vampire movie. This is fucking good
[Reply]
lcarus 04:20 AM 08-19-2023
Saw X is coming out soon. It has Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith and supposedly takes place between the first and second movie. I used to be a fan of those movies. It was a fun tradition going to see the new Saw movie in theaters on Halloween. Even though they got worse just about each time.

This one looks interesting but it's just funny. How much shit did this guy make and do in the period of time between his cancer diagnosis and death lol. They're gonna stuff that time period with 40 movies.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:12 PM 08-19-2023
Infinity Pool is pretty nuts

Its got Madsen from Succession in it

Definitely on the artsy side of the horror genre and runs a bit long but is definitely a unique and disturbing story

Its one of those WTF did I just watch kind of films if you're into that

Dude….didn’t realize the director was David cronenberg’s son.

I watched it last night and yeah, a shit ton of wtf moments!!

Did enjoy it. Haven’t seen that trippy of a film since I was a film major.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:51 PM 08-20-2023
Dude….didn’t realize the director was David cronenberg’s son.

I watched it last night and yeah, a shit ton of wtf moments!!

Did enjoy it. Haven’t seen that trippy of a film since I was a film major.
I thought the made up location was genius

I think White Lotus nails the underlying awkward/creepiness for anyone thats ever done a resort vacation and Infinity Pool injects it full of bath salts
[Reply]
Page 50 of 57
« First < 404647484950 51525354 > Last »
Up