Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Media Center>Oppenheimer
Donger 12:06 PM 12-19-2022
I'm in. :-)

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:24 PM 08-06-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I disagree but that's largely a personal opinion. I had no idea how much American industry and money was behind mustache man until about 5 years ago. The eugenics movement here in the states was very supportive. Americans were actively seeding these ideas in Germany.

There were no innocents in that war...
The Allied command actually had the Pilecki report in 1943 and had been receiving news of it before that as Pilecki had infiltrated Auschwitz in a gambit to see if he could recruit soldiers in the prison camp for the Polish resistance.

They didn't believe it because they couldn't fathom how a country could dedicate that much manpower and resources to such an endeavor while in the midst of a major war.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:44 PM 08-06-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I disagree but that's largely a personal opinion. I had no idea how much American industry and money was behind mustache man until about 5 years ago. The eugenics movement here in the states was very supportive. Americans were actively seeding these ideas in Germany.

There were no innocents in that war...
Yep. There are a lot of American corporations who have gone to significant lengths to obfuscate their projects in the 1930's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
It is in Supernova. That and Blueprint for Armageddon are quite gripping.
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Blueprint was the first time I listened to Carlin. That’s probably my favorite podcast ever.
I listen to Blueprint about once a year; think I've gotten through it 3 times.

I tried to get through Catastrophe: 1914 by Max Hastings and man, it's just so damn dry. It's a slog that's taken me several years and I'm maybe halfway through.

Carlin gives you a lot of the same information (less detail) but in a much more digestible format.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I listen to Blueprint about once a year; think I've gotten through it 3 times.

I tried to get through Catastrophe: 1914 by Max Hastings and man, it's just so damn dry. It's a slog that's taken me several years and I'm maybe halfway through.

Carlin gives you a lot of the same information (less detail) but in a much more digestible format.
LOL

Come drive tractor. I blew through Catastrophe on your recommendation. No problem. It was only 25 hours on Audible. I liked it well enough I listened to Inferno on WWII by Hastings.

I listened to Rise and Fall of the Third Reich because Carlin referenced it a bunch. That motherfucker was 57 hours long. That took a bit. Really fucking good. But damn was it a lot.

Blueprint was good for me because it was my first exposure to Carlin and I barely remembered anything about WWI from school. And Carlin hit all the right buttons to make it just fucking awesome. I was in. All the way in. Carlin is a fucking wizard. I've went back and listened to most of it. I still have a few to get through, but after I finish, I should probably re-listen to Blueprint to see how it holds up after I opened my eyes to the Carlin type history and listened to a bunch of books.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:14 PM 08-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'm gonna have to find that. Not sure if it exists in Kindle form but it's not at either library I have online so I may need to head into the building for a paper copy.

Try Gladwell's Bomber Mafia - audible if possible because it's better as listened than as read because he splices in actual interviews, etc...

The description of the firebombing and Japans reaction is amazing. I'll have to see if Carlin has something on it - I wonder if it's in Supernova. I never finished that series so I probably should
Thanks for this.

Breezed through it this morning. Really great listen. And a bunch of truly fascinating stuff.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:46 PM 02-02-2024
Man... Florence Pugh needs to not go down this road she seems to be going down.

[Reply]
BigRichard 07:47 PM 02-02-2024

[Reply]
BigRichard 07:52 PM 02-02-2024
Ugh...

[Reply]
Otter 04:19 PM 02-06-2024
Finally got around to watching this and was completely underwhelmed. It wasn't bad but did not get near techie enough for my taste.

6/10
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up