ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Snake Eyes : G.I. Joe Origins (2021)
Tribal Warfare 10:23 AM 05-17-2021

[Reply]
Fish 10:27 AM 05-17-2021
7 year old me thought Snake Eyes was one of the coolest characters ever. I'm in...
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:39 AM 05-17-2021
So...Snake Eyes is Asian now?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:51 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
7 year old me thought Snake Eyes was one of the coolest characters ever. I'm in...
Yep
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:54 AM 05-17-2021
Never got into GI Joe, dollies or cartoons or any of it. And those movies from a couple years back didn't help. This looks like an improvement, but I'm not coming in with any investemtn. NTTAWWT.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:55 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yep
Humph.

I’m conflicted.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:55 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
So...Snake Eyes is Asian now?
It makes it more realistic instead of a blonde hair blue eyed white boy
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:02 AM 05-17-2021
Oh, you're right. I would hate for something to ruin the verisimilitude of the G.I. Joe universe.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Oh, you're right. I would hate for something to ruin the verisimilitude of the G.I. Joe universe.
Well you’re the one questioning why he’s Asian now.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:54 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Never got into GI Joe, dollies or cartoons or any of it. And those movies from a couple years back didn't help. This looks like an improvement, but I'm not coming in with any investemtn. NTTAWWT.
Rachel Nichols helps the movie immensely, as does a raven haired Sienna Miller with the sexy librarian glasses in an all leather getup if you feel like giving it a watch.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:44 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well you’re the one questioning why he’s Asian now.
Similar to casting Jason Momoa as Aquaman in comparison to the comic which Aquaman is blonde hair Blue eyed white dude.

Momoa is Hawaiian, and it makes sense that such a descent is ruler of the ocean
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:21 PM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Rachel Nichols helps the movie immensely, as does a raven haired Sienna Miller with the sexy librarian glasses in an all leather getup if you feel like giving it a watch.
I already do too much of this, ie. watching stuff I don't enjoy because one of the actresses is so attractive.

Zoey's Infinite Extraordinary [can't even remember the name of it] Playlist comes to mind, no way in heck I'd watch it on its merits, but Jane Levy is lovely.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:07 PM 05-17-2021
I mean, if I could get away with it, I'd be rocking an Arashikage tattoo on my forearm.

So needless to say, I'm pretty excited about any and all Joe content, even if the immortal Larry Hama (who wrote the filecards on the original 3 3/4 figurines, as well as the entire run of the Marvel comic both before and after resurrection) is not involved.
[Reply]
Otter 02:34 PM 05-17-2021
One of the largest attractions of Snake Eyes was the mystery behind who he was, his silence and who was behind the mask.

This is stupid IMHO.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:12 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Similar to casting Jason Momoa as Aquaman in comparison to the comic which Aquaman is blonde hair Blue eyed white dude.

Momoa is Hawaiian, and it makes sense that such a descent is ruler of the ocean
People get way too attached to a certain look when casting established characters. Too many movies/shows have been ruined because the casting stuck to a look rather than ensuring ability/fit for the role.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up