ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
Miles 01:23 AM 12-18-2020
I’ve been using the service for a while now and big improvement over HBO Go and liking some of the content not available in other streaming like older foreign classics. Still a massive WTF as it was with launch with no 4K HDR.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:25 AM 12-18-2020
Costs more, so makes sense, but there's a lot more stuff that interests me on hbo max then on disney plus. Some of the shows that started on DC Universe are surprisingly pretty good. Finished the 2nd season of Titans a day or two ago, and enjoyed Doom Patrol a couple months back.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:13 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Costs more, so makes sense, but there's a lot more stuff that interests me on hbo max then on disney plus. Some of the shows that started on DC Universe are surprisingly pretty good. Finished the 2nd season of Titans a day or two ago, and enjoyed Doom Patrol a couple months back.
Yes I like HBOMax.

They are not on there currently , but they did have Hi Def and proper aspect ratio versions of The Aybss, True Lies and Full Metal Jacket. Which are rare.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yes I like HBOMax.

They are not on there currently , but they did have Hi Def and proper aspect ratio versions of The Aybss, True Lies and Full Metal Jacket. Which are rare.
That's because AT&T/WarnerMedia are an epic disaster.

They should have never launched without 4K UHD HDR broadcasts, nor should they have launched without agreements in place with Amazon and Roku.

There's really nothing on HBO Max that I can't live without but since I'm only paying $7.50 through Spectrum, I'll keep it for now. But IMO, it's a bottom-of-the-barrel service when compared to Disney+, Netflix, Hulu and even Amazon.

Disney+ will be the highest regarded streamer by 2025, if not earlier. No service will be able to compete with scores of TV series and Feature Films from Pixar, Disney, Marvel and Star Wars.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:39 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Disney+ will be the highest regarded streamer by 2025, if not earlier. No service will be able to compete with scores of TV series and Feature Films from Pixar, Disney, Marvel and Star Wars.
I get that. But that’s not all I want. I do want some more adult entertainment that HBO provides. Stuff like Chernobyl which was absolutely riveting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:44 PM 12-18-2020
I get that. But that’s not all I want. I do want some more adult entertainment that HBO provides. Stuff like Chernobyl which was absolutely riveting.
I get that but so much of HBO's content is "old" movies, meaning movies I've seen a freaking million times from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's.

I've enjoyed some of their series over the years but for me, it's been a while since HBO has been "Destination TV". It's not like the days when Sex & The City, The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm were new every Sunday. For me, Showtime surpassed them a long time ago with Californication, Billions, Homeland and so many other great series over the years.

And with all of the other services, I can pretty much find any movie that I want to see at any given moment, so if I had to pay $15 dollars per month to watch the same movies I'd seen a million times before, it would be a hard pass.

HBO is kind of like CBS All Access. I haven't signed up for it because people seem to give the Star Trek shows a "middling" rating, so there's no real reason for me to become a monthly subscriber. I might sign up some day but unless Strange New Worlds gets amazingly rave reviews, I'll keep putting it off.

There's really nothing "pressing" in their offerings that I need to see.
[Reply]
007 10:39 PM 12-18-2020
Yes I like HBOMax.

Proper aspect on the abyss? Seriously?
[Reply]
DRM08 10:51 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They also quoted total hours of engagement up 36% over the past 30 days. AT&T maybe a bumbling bag of dicks at planning & execution but HBO still has content that consumers seem to want.. for now.
I think they have incredible potential once they fully unleash the archives. They have a solid selection of classic films on HBO Max at the moment, but the WB/MGM archive is a heck of a lot bigger. Example of what I mean. Only 1 James Cagney film on HBO Max right now, even though he was a major WB guy for a long time. He's one of the GOAT actors. Ton of great classic content they can add to this service over time. Very strong potential IMHO.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:04 AM 12-19-2020
I don't have kids, so Disney+ has literally nothing for me for a month, if I feel like watching WandaVision.

That changes, obviously, when the all the new series' arrive, but I've seen every Marvel and Star Wars offering they have on there right now.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:13 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's because AT&T/WarnerMedia are an epic disaster.

They should have never launched without 4K UHD HDR broadcasts, nor should they have launched without agreements in place with Amazon and Roku.

There's really nothing on HBO Max that I can't live without but since I'm only paying $7.50 through Spectrum, I'll keep it for now. But IMO, it's a bottom-of-the-barrel service when compared to Disney+, Netflix, Hulu and even Amazon.

Completely agree that they fucked up their launch. That said, the DCU catalog alone is worth the cost. This is from a Marvel rules, DC sucks guy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:28 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't have kids, so Disney+ has literally nothing for me for a month, if I feel like watching WandaVision.

That changes, obviously, when the all the new series' arrive, but I've seen every Marvel and Star Wars offering they have on there right now.
Yeah, I think we’re on opposite sides there but once all these Marvel and Star Wars series start running concurrently, it’ll probably be worth your time and dough.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:40 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Completely agree that they fucked up their launch. That said, the DCU catalog alone is worth the cost. This is from a Marvel rules, DC sucks guy.
That’s good to know. I’ve never explored the DC outside of the main WB feature films since probably Michael Keaton’s Batman.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:43 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Proper aspect on the abyss? Seriously?
Yes. But it’s not on there currently.

Even Full Metal Jacket was shown on there in its original, more boxy format. Where more picture was shown at the top and bottom.
[Reply]
007 10:16 AM 12-19-2020
Yes. But it’s not on there currently.

Even Full Metal Jacket was shown on there in its original, more boxy format. Where more picture was shown at the top and bottom.

Damm
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:45 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think they have incredible potential once they fully unleash the archives. They have a solid selection of classic films on HBO Max at the moment, but the WB/MGM archive is a heck of a lot bigger. Example of what I mean. Only 1 James Cagney film on HBO Max right now, even though he was a major WB guy for a long time. He's one of the GOAT actors. Ton of great classic content they can add to this service over time. Very strong potential IMHO.
As I've mentioned several times, their launch was fraught with issues of all kinds but maybe the biggest issue is that a large amount of their content is wrapped up in licensing deals with other networks, so they don't have the rights to even broadcast content they actually own.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up