ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>The Green Knight
sully1983 05:56 PM 07-28-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6ksY8xWCY
^^
Link to the official trailer. My apologizes for not being able to embed the video.

Comes out this Friday (July 30). Currently at 94% on Rottentomatoes after 50 reviews.
CRITICS CONSENSUS
The Green Knight honors and deconstructs its source material in equal measure, producing an absorbing adventure that casts a fantastical spell

I am pumped to see it in theaters. Gonna try and see it sometime on Friday for sure.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:21 PM 07-30-2021
Just got back from it. Absolutely incredible film all around! Its the best film I've seen so far this year (and by quite a big margin too).
David Lowery is a director to definitely keep an eye on from here on out. He wasn't ****ing around with this one.
The visuals were jaw dropping thru out and there was great/beautiful scenery shown thru out the lead character's journey. Great great musical score too that sounded so unique and seemed to be perfectly synced with what was going on thru out the film. Just so well done!

The entire cast is solid (led of course by Dev Patel who was great as the lead character Gawain. Dude is a legit awesome actor in pretty much everything I've seen him in and I'm very happy for his success. For awhile I thought he'd be always remembered as the Slumdog Millionaire kid but he has shown in a number of films just how versatile/talented he is. THIS role is his best yet)

I won't spoil jack shit for any of you guys. I do highly recommend seeing this in theaters for sure especially if you're into atmospheric / trippy fantasy type films.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:12 AM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Way back in my crazy college days, somebody convinced me to take a bunch of shrooms and watch Meet the Feebles. Familiar with that one? Super fucked up. Directed by none other than the legend Peter Jackson. :-)

:-)

WTF did I just watch?

Looks like shrooms is a must.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:44 PM 08-05-2021
Green Knight was awful.

The opening scene has a goose fussing with a goat. The pair go at it pretty good. The movie goes downhill after that.

15 minutes riding out of the castle.
15 minutes sleeping in bed.
15 minutes being tied up.
30 minutes wandering aimlessly through the woods.
10 minutes paddling a canoe.

This was Birdman bad.
[Reply]
frozenchief 08:46 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Way back in my crazy college days, somebody convinced me to take a bunch of shrooms and watch Meet the Feebles. Familiar with that one? Super fucked up. Directed by none other than the legend Peter Jackson. :-)

The move is super twisted but there are a lot of great lines in it. Probably the best scene is the sodomy song. And it’s as twisted as it sounds.
[Reply]
frozenchief 08:47 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Green Knight was awful.

The opening scene has a goose fussing with a goat. The pair go at it pretty good. The movie goes downhill after that.

15 minutes riding out of the castle.
15 minutes sleeping in bed.
15 minutes being tied up.
30 minutes wandering aimlessly through the woods.
10 minutes paddling a canoe.

This was Birdman bad.
I agree with this. Went to see it with a large group last night. I’m familiar with the original story. Joked with my sister-in-law that the movie needed some strong edibles but then it would have seemed 10x as long.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:02 PM 08-10-2021
Stream it for one night only on Aug 18th for $20

One. Knight. Only.

A24 Screening Room presents #TheGreenKnight AUGUST 18. Get tickets ⟶ https://t.co/958s0zbXys pic.twitter.com/52HBOSrYuH

— A24 (@A24) August 10, 2021

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 04:52 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I agree with this. Went to see it with a large group last night. I’m familiar with the original story. Joked with my sister-in-law that the movie needed some strong edibles but then it would have seemed 10x as long.
I saw it last week and my edible kicked in about 20 minutes into the movie and it just made in worse. I gave up and walk out about 15 minutes later.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up