ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think, when it comes down to it, Veach has Andy and Mahomes and Ballard doesn't.

Ballard is a fine GM. Pretty good. But until you hit on those two things ( I think Reich will continue to be a really good coach though) you're just capped.
Of course, but they're not trying to get their Mahomes.

After what happened with Luck, they went the old Chiefs route - first with Rivers and now with Wentz.

A big reason why they are capped is because of Ballard's moves.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course, but they're not trying to get their Mahomes.

After what happened with Luck, they went the old Chiefs route - first with Rivers and now with Wentz.

A big reason why they are capped is because of Ballard's moves.
Oh I think they should swing for a QB at some point. But since Luck did what he did, I get steadying the ship a bit and sorting some things out.

Well see on Wentz. He's in a great spot to get back to what he was. I'm skeptical.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They could have gone after Brown like we did. Unless they weren’t willing to give up that much....they could have had Brown, Basham and Odey. Instead they got Fish, Paye and Odey.
I'm not sure why they took Odey. I get the whole BPA approach and trying to throw numbers at the pass rush but in his first interview as a Colt, he said this:

Originally Posted by :
"I definitely would like to live up to it. I feel like I definitely think that is a solid way to describe the way I play," Dayo Odeyingbo said. "That disruption I bring to the game — I'm excited to get out there. I mean, I like the name, so I hope it sticks.

"The goal is to be back playing this year," Odeyingbo said. "So that's what I'm working towards and that'll play out how it plays out.
"… Obviously everybody wants to get back as fast as possible, but you have to with these injuries (go about it) the right way and don't want to push anything too hard, kind of make it worse or kind or mess up your future or set you back. So I'm working hard to get back as fast as possible, but I'm definitely being careful with the whole situation."
There's absolutely zero confidence in that. None. Sounds like a whole lot of hope.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 AM 05-10-2021
Ballard is really risk averse. He doesn't sign or trade for anyone unless it's on his terms. He has to feel like he 100% won to make the move.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 05-10-2021
I'm not sure why they took Odey. I get the whole BPA approach and trying to throw numbers at the pass rush but in his first interview as a Colt, he said this:

There's absolutely zero confidence in that. None. Sounds like a whole lot of hope.
Yeah, they passed on a 2nd round OT for a DE that won’t be ready to play. Then signed a LT that won’t be ready to play.

All to protect a QB that has shown that if he gets pressured.....he’s shit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:08 AM 05-10-2021
Go get your money Fish. I wish they would've just done one of the Tackles and not both of them, but we needed the cap space so it's understandable that you want to continue your career for a contender as of sorts. I hope Carson Wentz doesn't waste your final years in the NFL, but you'll always have the memories of playing with Patrick and the Super Bowl ring for your years of hard work and dedication to the Chiefs. I'm sorry many fans didn't give you a fair shake given where you went and the years it took for us to reach our potential as a team, but it could've been worse, we could've taken Luke Joeckel instead. God speed sir.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:11 AM 05-10-2021
Now we can stop the dumb idea that he was coming back here.. That ship sailed when he tore his Achilles... Same thing with Mitch.. Not paying brokedicks to protect the Franchise...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:14 AM 05-10-2021
Ballard is a fine GM.
Chris Ballard is Carl Peterson 2.0.

His drafts have been solid, if not confusing. He's traded for a backup QB in Jacoby Brissett, traded for an injured QB whose play fell off a cliff three years ago, settles for a second option at head coach and has absolutely no plan in place to make his team a contender.

Instead, he's hoping that something good might happen to his team during the "tournament".

He might be fine at identifying talent, even though his time in Chicago and Indy haven't amounted to much, but he's a lameass GM that hasn't taken any risks to pull the Colts out of their doldrums.

Which is fine by me because the Colts can suck it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Chris Ballard is Carl Peterson 2.0.

His drafts have been solid, if not confusing. He's traded for a backup QB in Jacoby Brissett, traded for an injured QB whose play fell off a cliff three years ago, settles for a second option at head coach and has absolutely no plan in place to make his team a contender.

Instead, he's hoping that something good might happen to his team during the "tournament".

He might be fine at identifying talent, even though his time in Chicago and Indy haven't amounted to much, but he's a lameass GM that hasn't taken any risks to pull the Colts out of their doldrums.

Which is fine by me because the Colts can suck it.
I mean, they had Manning, then Luck. Then he pulls what he did, so yeah they're kinda stuck.

I think they should be aggressive to get a QB, but we'll see what happens with Wentz. I'm not sure it works out there, I think he is probably toast but who knows.
[Reply]
Spott 11:19 AM 05-10-2021
9.4 million for an average LT that is barely 3 months removed from a ruptured achilles? They must really be desperate.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:23 AM 05-10-2021
The Colts and the Chiefs have similarities.
What were the colts after Unitas until Manning? About the same as the Chiefs were after Dawson until Mahomes?
Both teams were from dissolved Dallas Texans teams.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:25 AM 05-10-2021
I mean, they had Manning, then Luck. Then he pulls what he did, so yeah they're kinda stuck.
Ballard traded for Brissett in 2017, so he's had plenty of time to replace the QB, or at least have a succession plan in place considering that Luck was injured frequently behind that offensive line. The Patriots took Garappolo in the 2nd, the Eagles took Jalen Hurts in the 2nd and the Packers took Love in the 1st, even though all of those teams had starters on huge contracts.

I'm not saying that those teams were perfect in their decision making but at least they had some sort of plan in place, if they were to lose their starting QB

Indy under Ballard had none. He passed on left tackles and potential solid backup QB's in favor of trading for a defensive lineman. His first choice was Josh McDaniels, who punked his ass, so he was stuck with a bunch of misfits and Reich. They have shit at QB so where do they turn? To an oft-injured QB who lost his mojo years ago but since the new head coach is familiar with him, they gave up draft picks in the hope that it "works out".

That's a shitty way to run a football team.

I think they should be aggressive to get a QB, but we'll see what happens with Wentz. I'm not sure it works out there, I think he is probably toast but who knows.
I doubt it. If Ballard doesn't hit on Wentz, why would the owner give him another 3 years with a rookie QB?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:25 AM 05-10-2021
He isn't even healthy yet. Seems like a shot in the dark for a team that should have done what the Chiefs did.
Somehow im sure they thought KC over payed and theyll never do anything but underpay.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:26 AM 05-10-2021
The Chiefs traded up from 26 to get Mahomes so calling the Colts the old Chiefs is a weird statement
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:27 AM 05-10-2021
I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up