ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
Fish 11:22 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Colts LT Eric Fisher won't put timeline on return from torn Achilles

The Indianapolis Colts are banking big that Eric Fisher will return from his torn Achilles early in the season.

The newly signed left tackle told reporters Thursday that he wouldn't put a timeline on his recovery, however.

"What I can tell you is I'm a big 'control what you can control' kind of guy," Fisher said via the Indy Star. "Obviously, I'd like to snap my fingers and have a perfect Achilles again, but you know, that's not the case. Obviously, the club feels good with where I'm at, I'm feeling good, but any other questions about my Achilles, I'll leave up to Chris Ballard or coach (Frank Reich)."

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported after the signing that the Colts are comfortable with Fisher's rehab, but the left tackle might not be ready to play until October. Sam Tevi is an option to begin the year as the starter if that is indeed the case.

Indy opens the season against the Seahawks (Sept. 12), Rams (Sept. 19), Titans (Sept. 26) and Dolphins (Oct. 3). Each won at least 10 games last season. It's the most difficult opening stretch for any team based on 2020 opponent win percentage.

The sooner Fisher gets back on the field, the quicker the Colts line will be solidified in front of Carson Wentz.

Fisher, who was playing the best football of his career before tearing his Achilles, believes the new start after eight years in Kansas City is just what he needed at this stage of his career.

"As soon as I got the call I was being cut, it was an automatic reset in my brain of I'm nowhere near being done, I feel like I got a lot of years left in me," Fisher said, via the team's official website. "I was actually thinking about that this morning driving back from rehab. It's going to be an awesome reset for myself and a fresh slate, keep working and finish the second half of my career off on a good start. I've been thinking about that and excited to kind of have that reset."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-lt-er...-torn-achilles
Yeah... good luck with that...

Originally Posted by :
and finish the second half of my career off on a good start.
LOL wut?
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:32 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They’ll be waiting around until November for him.
Yep, they will be out of playoff contention by then too.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 05-19-2021
Ballards at it again. They're going to make Darius Leonard the highest paid LB in the league.. apparently the starting mark is 18 mill a year.

Have fun trying to win when you spend ball your money on an off ball LB and a guard.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:23 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ballards at it again. They're going to make Darius Leonard the highest paid LB in the league.. apparently the starting mark is 18 mill a year.

Have fun trying to win when you spend ball your money on an off ball LB and a guard.

I get it, but it still sucks. That’s probably what Leonard’s agent was seeking— record money for the position. You don’t want to just let him walk because he’s a great player but you also don’t want to spend that cash on him. Letting him walk is probably the best route, but then you get all kinds of criticism lobbed your way, especially since you (as Ballard) have a history of never spending cap money or making bold moves.

It sucks, but yeah... it’s almost as if you hope dudes like Leonard end up being pretty good but not TOO good. Which I agree... that’s an absolutely ridiculous and stupid mindset to have, but when their position is so defined and niche for the modern NFL, that’s kind of what it comes down to
[Reply]
TEX 01:35 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They’ll be waiting around until November for him.
Yep, and how affective will he be when he finally does play? Glad we don't have to deal with any of it.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:20 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:

We made Hitchens the highest paid LB a few years ago, drafted a RB rd 1 and then drafted LB’s early in back-ro-back years.

And I guarantee if Bolton or Gay is really good they’ll be paid too.
[Reply]
kcclone 04:13 PM 05-19-2021
We threw a couple bucks at Thuney too
[Reply]
-King- 09:16 PM 09-18-2021

Big lift for Indy: #Colts LT Eric Fisher, whose recovery from a torn Achilles happened faster than anyone imagined, is expected to start Sunday vs. the #Rams, source said. The Pro Bowler debuts to protect Carson Wentz.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 19, 2021

How?
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 09:17 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

How?
Good for him. We'll miss ya, Big Fish.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:19 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

How?
World class athlete with world class medical staff makes a world class recovery.

Good on ya, Fish. Go kick some ass.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:20 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
This. No ill will towards Fish. As we saw, he was a pretty important cog in getting us to and winning a SB. Can’t root against him, unless he’s playing KC.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:32 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
This. No ill will towards Fish. As we saw, he was a pretty important cog in getting us to and winning a SB. Can’t root against him, unless he’s playing KC.
At least we didn't lose him because some 'tard told him to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. . . .
[Reply]
wazu 09:36 PM 09-18-2021
Oof. Hope we were right.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:41 PM 09-18-2021
was he ever diagnosed with a 'torn' achilles? i always thought they said it was an achilles injury, never mentioned it was torn?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:43 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Oof. Hope we were right.
Meh. Would've needed a new LT after the season anyway unless you're content to pay Fisher close to market value.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up