ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you think this draft class impacts this year?
RunKC 08:54 AM 05-03-2021
Was just thinking about a ton of teams saying they won’t show up to voluntary OTA’s and believe some rookies won’t either. That’s definitely going to hurt.

From our class, I think Creed Humphrey is the only player who could be a starter opening day. I’m not completely confident in that considering he needs reps with Patrick but I think there’s a strong possibility there.

Bolton is probably not starting but will play roughly 25% of the snaps early if I had to guess. I think they’ll take the Willie Gay approach around mid season where he played some but not a ton. Unfortunately we’ll have to suffer watching Neimann a bit longer in September and most of October before Bolton starts taking over.

I think we could definitely see Gray and Powell early but on specialty plays starting off. Gray could easily be a FB/TE ace early and Powell on red zone plays and a few others. They’ll get ST’s snaps for sure

Kaindoh is too raw. He’ll get some reps but not many early IMO. Think they want to work on his technique as he develops. He’s a guy to watch later in the year.

Smith is probably going to be the backup this year. He’s definitely beating out Wylie but I keep thinking Andy will start LDT at RG for continuity bc there’s just no way in hell he’s starting potentially 3 players with zero NFL snaps all next to each other in week 1. Would really like to see the kid in as an extra lineman on speciality plays.

This kid is undrafted but I think that BYU kid could really be Dirty Dan’s 2022 replacement and could beat out Watts. He’s athletic as hell and should be money on ST’s.

Anyone disagree? Think one of these guys gets more playing time early?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:25 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
With the RG spot still in the air, I don't see Creed starting game 1 unless there's an injury. By the end of the season, yes. Bolton will see some limited action at the start and his progress will dictate how much more we see. Kaindoh will be a rotational piece as long as everyone else stays healthy. Gray will be the 3rd TE/H-back at the start of the season. His playing time will depend on how much he bulks up and if he can beat out Bell. Smith will be brought along slowly. Barring injury, his time is next year. Powell could be the wild card. A 5th year senior that didn't play much until his last year is suspect, but the guy has talents. The key for him will be how fast he can pick up the playbook.
Bolton will play. He was the highest ranked linebacker in all of college football over the past two seasons
[Reply]
gonefishin53 06:23 AM 05-04-2021
I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:54 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
I think Andy has a unique role planned for Gray that will see him on the field a lot more than his draft position would indicate.
Ive been thinking about Gray a lot. Its likely going to be a unique role. I was trying to come up with what i would define as success for each of these guys year one. And Gray stumps me. Could be the Yelder 5 catches. Could be first year KILLATRAV.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:56 AM 05-04-2021
The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:17 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The right guard spot is only up in the air because we have multiple qualified options.

Creed starts day 1
Long starts, ldt backs up, smith backs up, and wylie is traded. Calling it now.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 AM 05-04-2021
Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:49 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Creed is the biggest get. I'm really hoping that Clemson wide receiver who's 30 can be our #2 but not holding my breathe.
I thought he was 35?
[Reply]
kcclone 09:53 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:

I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:22 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Bolton is a very different player than Gay. I love Gay, and think he will make a much bigger impact this year. His physical traits are ridiculous. But he got lost or washed out at times and didn't always hit what looked to be the correct holes.

Bolton is an instinctive, cerebral player. He's going to pick up the schemes quickly and I think he will see substantially more time than Gay did starting out.
This.

Gay was a raw, inexperienced physical specimen.

Bolton is an NFL-ready guy with a high football IQ that makes up for the lack of elite athleticism.

They're the perfect compliment to each other.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:23 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I think most of the time, the staff drafts for one year down the road. They tend to slow walk some of these guys, but Gay will be expected to jump in there full time this year.

I think Bolton will get time this year in order to acclimate, but I'm 90% sure they drafted him to take over for Hitch next season.
Yep. Totally agree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:24 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Didn't someone already say he might start at WLB?...
No. They haven't said anything about where he'll play.

He may play some WLB this year but he's likely your MLBotF.
[Reply]
tyton75 10:43 AM 05-04-2021
If these guys get the regular rookie camps and preseason in St. Joe.. I think we see the following:
Creed starts
Bolton may not start, but he'll rotate in a lot on running downs.
Gray plays about 15% of the offensive snaps
Trey starts next year
Kaindoh is in the rotation a lot, but mostly on "unimportant" downs
Cornell eventually wins the X receiver spot but probably not initially
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:56 AM 05-04-2021
If all that happens it's another A draft for Veach.

I mean I personally believe it is already but just sayin for sure
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 05-04-2021
With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:07 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
With the NFL allowing opt outs again....what are the chances that LDT opts out again?
If anyone does it twice their career is probably toast.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up