ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:09 PM 05-01-2021
KPass Part Deux.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 05-01-2021
Chiefs selected Florida State DE Josh Kaindoh with the No. 144 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Kaindoh (6’6/260) was rated as the third-best defensive end from the 2017 prep cycle according to 247Sports, behind only Chase Young and Jaelan Phillips. Despite playing in 36 games over four years at FSU, Kaindoh had a hard time making a consistent impact on the field as injuries and inconsistent performance led to him starting only 10 of those games. Despite starting eight games in 2020, Kaindoh failed to record a single sack and produced just 3.0 TFL. He boasts incredible bend for his size and an eagle-like wingspan that helps him keep his pads clean. His splash plays are jaw-dropping, but far and few between, and he's admittedly stayed a below-average tackler throughout his career. Kaindoh is a developmental 4-3 DE who could be a serviceable defensive line piece if he can finally realize his physical potential. His stature comps to Josh Sweat.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:10 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
KPass Part Deux.
He looks quicker than Kpass ever was.

But we'll see.

It was a position I wanted, and I'll trust Veach, Spags, and Daly know what they're doing.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:11 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
KPass Part Deux.
The difference is KPass was a 2nd rounder. He is a late 4th rounder.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:11 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He wasn’t the guy I wanted but they took a DE and I can see why they think he has upside. It’s a meh pick to me but I’m still good with it.
Pretty much how I feel. I trust these guys though so let’s see what happens
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:12 PM 05-01-2021
Yes, a Kpass pick if Kpass went on the fifth round.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 05-01-2021
As somebody that is very familiar with FSU, you guys just don’t understand how bad that program has become.

They’re full of extremely talented guys that underachieved. Kaindoh is one of many.

The Chiefs obvious feel they can do much better as they should.
[Reply]
Cosmos 12:13 PM 05-01-2021
If I recall, one of the RGR Football contributors did a draft crush on Kaindoh a few weeks before the draft.

Maybe he can come claim his prize...and elaborate.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:13 PM 05-01-2021
Well his RAS is a home run
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:14 PM 05-01-2021
Reach
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:15 PM 05-01-2021
I wonder who exactly they are planning to start across from Clark.

I like the swing.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
If I recall, one of the RGR Football contributors did a draft crush on Kaindoh a few weeks before the draft.

Maybe he can come claim his prize...and elaborate.
Yea I saw that too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wonder who exactly they are planning to start across from Clark.

I like the swing.
In early downs? Danna or Jones probably.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Reach
Thanks for weighing in! :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:16 PM 05-01-2021
Danna is is a damn good run defender. Could work on his pass rush
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up