ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:14 AM 05-03-2021
I dont know how anyone can watch the highlights and make a Kpass comp. This man moves like an NFL edge player, Kpass just never had that look or feel to him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I still would have taken the Notre Dame kid Adetokunbo Ogundeji. More pro ready, developed, high ceiling and ascended every year in production.

We’ll see how this kid does but he’s my least favorite pick of the draft
If a 4th rounder is your least favorite pick, they did okay then.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:21 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If a 4th rounder is your least favorite pick, they did okay then.
Personally the 2nd round picks didnt blow me away but theyre almost sure contributors at areas of need and its hard to complain. If Kaindoh, a guy with a low floor but pro bowl type upside is your least favorite, it aint that bad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Personally the 2nd round picks didnt blow me away but theyre almost sure contributors at areas of need and its hard to complain. If Kaindoh, a guy with a low floor but pro bowl type upside is your least favorite, it aint that bad.
The 2nd rounders won't really blow anybody away but then again, I think that's kind of the point.

They drafted solid, starting-quality players with their first two picks. Both Bolton and Humphrey are going to contribute right away and for a team like this, that's something you need when you already have so many playmakers.

They could have used another WR but what they did get was all about solid value and I can't argue with it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 05-03-2021
I find it hilarious/silly when people don’t like a pick because they didn’t take their guy, especially on day 3.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:57 AM 05-03-2021
The real question is “did his dick come out while running the 40?”

If so, future All Pro.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:15 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Seems like a really solid dude. Easy smile, called everyone sir, thoughtful answers. Easy guy to root for, I hope he tears it up and gets some rings.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:23 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I find it hilarious/silly when people don’t like a pick because they didn’t take their guy, especially on day 3.
Yep and then compare him to some shitty pick in the past as if there is some kind of connection.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:02 PM 05-03-2021
He's got a lot of elite physical tools. It's a matter of staying healthy and putting it all together for this kid. We got something here.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:29 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Didn’t he also light himself on fire? That was a weird story
In high school, yes. Crazy accident...weird indeed. Jordan's lucky he survived, let alone resume his football career.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:45 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep and then compare him to some shitty pick in the past as if there is some kind of connection.
Cornwall Powell reminds me too much of David Boston.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:51 AM 05-04-2021
You mean that guy who had 1600 yards in a season once?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Um, before the roid-related injuries started piling up, Boston was EXTREMELY productive.

If Powell gives us what Boston did his first 3 years, it's a fucking steal of the century.

Just so you know, here is Boston's first 3 seasons.

40 rec, 473 yards, 2 TD
71 rec, 1156 yards, 7 TD
98 rec, 1598 yards, 8 TD

He only played 8 games his 4th year and then went to San Diego where he notched 70 rec, 880 yards, and 7 TD's before finally just being too hurt to play anymore.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:46 PM 05-04-2021
I’d be interested to see if they had Janarius Robinson or Kaindoh higher on their board.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:45 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
David Boston would MURDER in this offense. Sign me up.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 20
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up