ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pringle Signs Tender with Chiefs: $2.13M
T-post Tom 03:39 PM 04-29-2021
https://www.wibw.com/2021/04/29/k-st...th-the-chiefs/

To the ship?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WIBW) - Chiefs wide receiver and Kansas State alum Byron Pringle is staying in Kansas City.

His agents, Katz Brothers Sports, tweeted Thursday afternoon he has re-signed with the team.

Pringle, who joined the Chiefs in 2018 as an undrafted free agent, enters his fourth year in KC this fall.

The 27-year-old hauled in 13 catches for 160 yards last season including one touchdown.

Congratulations @pringle_byron! pic.twitter.com/OUv8JCebGA

— Katz Brothers Sports (@KatzBrosSports) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I like Pringle. Catches the ball when you throw it at him, shows up at critical times. Good special team player, just a quality guy. Hoping he has a great year.
Same. I am totally comfortable with him as our kick returner and #4 WR. He's been a good emergency outlet for Mahomes at times and I'm perfectly fine with him staying in those roles.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 03:54 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So one guy in the past 25 years is proof of what, exactly?

Carl was stupid to allow Horn to move on, especially considering that he had been courting Dick Vermeil for years.

Had Horn been here during the Vermeil years, they would have had the most unstoppable offense in the league by far.
I don't think anybody projects Pringle to be a game changer. But, more of a solid contributor on special teams, a 3rd/4th WR, and a guy who already knows the system. His contract isn't going to break the bank and it's just a one year deal. If a better FA becomes available, then Robinson or Pringle will have to fight for the last spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:00 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
I don't think anybody projects Pringle to be a game changer. But, more of a solid contributor on special teams, a 3rd/4th WR, and a guy who already knows the system. His contract isn't going to break the bank and it's just a one year deal. If a better FA becomes available, then Robinson or Pringle will have to fight for the last spot.
He hasn't proven that he's even a good #5, let alone, a 3rd or a 4th.

Outside of Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs have not drafted and developed an above average wide receiver during Reid's tenure.

I fully expect Veach to address the WR position in 2022 like he did with the offensive line in 2021, especially considering that the only guy under contract for next year is Mecole Hardman.
[Reply]
DrRyan 04:12 PM 05-12-2021
He hasn't proven that he's even a good #5, let alone, a 3rd or a 4th.

Outside of Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs have not drafted and developed an above average wide receiver during Reid's tenure.

I fully expect Veach to address the WR position in 2022 like he did with the offensive line in 2021, especially considering that the only guy under contract for next year is Mecole Hardman.
Second time I have seen you say this. Tyreek is under contract through '22. UFA '23.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...ek-hill-19119/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:14 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Second time I have seen you say this. Tyreek is under contract through '22. UFA '23.

Okay, my bad. They have two receivers under contract next year.

Veach needs to address the WR position with a true #2 and at least a true #4.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:14 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by DrRyan:

Yea but Tyreek will get an extension next offseason along with OBJ. Hill will be the highest paid WR in the league and deservedly so. He’s been crystal clean since his last altercation. His girl rn seems really chill, also it’s Kenny Vacarros sister
[Reply]
tyecopeland 04:16 PM 05-12-2021
While I would love to have a better proven #2 wr, we already have a 1 and 1a in hill amd kelce. Amd then we have to assume CEH is going to be more involved in the passing game (more actual routes rather than mainly screens and flare outs). Pringle and drob both can provide the blocking element sammie provided and drob runs shallow crossing routes pretty well. So Im really not worried about it much. Would be great if hardman upped his game or powell came in strong but we'll be fine without, especially if mahomes actually has time to sit in the pocket.
[Reply]
Wilson8 04:52 PM 05-12-2021
I would agree that we shouldn't count on Byron to be a really good WR for the Chiefs, but he has been a valuable contributor.

Byron Pringle's average salary the past two years has been $540,000. As a 2018 UDFA, his signing bonus was only $15,000.

The Chiefs have used him as a special teamer, (2019 - 59% ST snaps), (2020 - 42% ST snaps), but when he does get catch opportunities, he makes the most of them with over a 75% catch rate.

Last season he had 10 kickoff returns, with 1 being a 102 yard TD.

I can understand wanting him to grow and become a better WR, but he has filled his role well with KC.

Hopefully Byron can continue to grow as a WR in 2021.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:13 PM 05-12-2021
WR Tyreek Hill 2021, $15,850,500 Cap hit, 2022, $20,685,000 Cap hit.

This year (2021) the Franchise Tag cost for a WR was $15,983,000.

I assume the Chiefs will try to do a new deal with Tyreek next season, but if not, I think they have him for 3 years if they use the Franchise Tag in 2023.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:47 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's been in the system 3 years. Usually the 3rd year is when things "click".

I guess I just don't see it.
I’m definitely not dying on the hill. But it’s probably not worth closing the book on him just yet.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:45 PM 05-12-2021
I think if they put some plays in for him and make an effort to get the ball in his hands, he will improve
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:44 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I think if they put some plays in for him and make an effort to get the ball in his hands, he will improve
With Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce on the field, there's no reason to give Pringle more targets artificially.

You do realize the absurdity of suggesting they design plays for 5th-string WR, right?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:47 AM 05-13-2021
When was the last time a 28 year old receiver with less than 350 yards in his career had a breakthrough season and became a productive #2 WR?
Absolutely. The guy is a sub JAG level player that's not in his ascending years. Dude isn't some 23 year old like many act he is.

I'd be fine if they cut him....always a possibility.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 AM 05-13-2021
Okay, my bad. They have two receivers under contract next year.

Veach needs to address the WR position with a true #2 and at least a true #4.
Veach had no choice but to spend the majority of his off season, Free Agency and draft picks on the OL.

He did take a stab at Shuster. I fully expect Veach to make getting a top shelf WR THE top priority next year.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:37 AM 05-13-2021
Hes our Jason Avant.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up