ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 167
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
TEX 09:24 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, neither of those things are happening...
Exactly. IMO, Watson is going to Philly next year and Rodgers is staying in GB.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 05-13-2021
The schedule makers were very good about playing this both ways. Packers get a lot of exposure on primetime.

Chiefs both times, Chargers and Bengals all after the week 11 flex schedule in case Rodgers does go to Denver
[Reply]
TEX 09:36 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
My take from that game was that in the 4th quarter AJ Bouye went from 2 straight years of All-Pro level CB to 1 quarter of the softest sorriest CB play ever in a playoff game.

Maybe there were one or two questionable calls, but the Jaguars defense and especially AJ Bouye acted like they were afraid of being champions.
There were 3 terrible calls and WAS ONE HUGE....Instead of a game-sealing touchdown after a forced fumble, Myles Jack is called down by contact. Replays showed that NOBODY made contact with Myles. In fact, there was nothing but field in front of him, but instead of 27-10 it’s just Jaguars ball near midfield...

Oh, and NE was only called for ONE penalty the whole game. That hadn't happened in a Playoff game since 2011, when (you guessed it) NE was only called for ONE penalty against the Ravens. This is according to NFL Research.

The Jags absolutely got jobbed in the 2017 AFC Championship Game. There's a reason they couldn't put the Patriots away.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:40 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
There were 3 terrible calls and WAS ONE HUGE....Instead of a game-sealing touchdown after a forced fumble, Myles Jack is called down by contact. Replays showed that NOBODY made contact with Myles. In fact, there was nothing but field in front of him, but instead of 27-10 it’s just Jaguars ball near midfield...

Oh, and NE was only called for ONE penalty the whole game. That hadn't happened in a Playoff game since 2011, when (you guessed it) NE was only called for ONE penalty against the Ravens. This is according to NFL Research.

The Jags absolutely got jobbed in the 2017 AFC Championship Game. There's a reason they couldn't put the Patriots away.
Jags lost, Pats won, end of story. You can say there are questionable calls in every single game if you want to. Jags had plenty of opportunities to win that game and they blew it.
[Reply]
TEX 09:42 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Myles Jack wasn't down
Nope. Not even close to being "down by contact" - And he would have scored. Would have been 27-10 Jags at the time. IMO, that would have sealed it. Just like the Dee Ford Off Sides play would have done it for us the following year, BUT the difference is that Dee Ford WAS really offsides.
[Reply]
TEX 09:50 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Jags lost, Pats won, end of story. You can say there are questionable calls in every single game if you want to. Jags had plenty of opportunities to win that game and they blew it.
That's the "official" story. But when you say that the Jags had plenty of opportunities, they really didn't. Once the opportunity passes to put your opponent way, momentum shifts and it's very hard to get it back. But, let's talk about your "plenty of opportunities" take...I can easily name 3 plays that were great opportunities that were taken away form them. And yes, you can say there are bad calls in every single game, but the ones the Jags suffered through in that particular game were extraordinarily bad.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:01 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'd say the fact that the NFL didn't put the KC/GB game in a prime time slot is very telling.

Rodgers vs Mahomes should have been a lock for SNF.
3pm game on FOX is bigger than prime time games.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:09 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Always seems to be the story when Brady plays and always seems to "surprisingly" go his way.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:10 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Jags got fucked harder than any team I have seen in a long time. The league made sure they didn't make that Superbowl.
It's stunning the NFL didn't want one of it's smallest markets helmed by Blake Bortles..that doesn't draw well and is Les by defense in the SB.

That's literally everything they don't want on the biggest stage.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:28 AM 05-13-2021
I hope this asshole stays now so i can get tickets for the GB game. I'd like to see two all time talents battle it out.
[Reply]
jettio 10:49 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:

So I looked up the play on viewed it on You Tube and I can't believe that you think NFL officials would not blow a whistle on a tackle like that. Miles himself got up celebrating first and not immediately trying to advance the ball. And when the whistle blew Jack was more concerned about getting credit for the fumble.

It was an absolute miracle that the initial call by the crew was correct regarding the fumble.

This link to the play on youtube does not even have Romo or Nantz bring up your complaint about Jack being deprived of the chance to advance the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpUkBtzqVc

It seems like you have never watched NFL football if you are nursing that play as some kind of historical blown call.

Considering that each official on the field has a whistle, it would have been the most stupendous miracle of all time for a crazy trick play like that to have a ball carrier stripped of the ball on the tackle and for a whistle to not have been blown. I bet at least two officials blew a whistle thinking the play was over.

Even with today's guidance to officials to try to not blow whistle on a fumble play, it would be an all time miracle for a whistle not to be blown on a play like that.

I bet 95% of Jags season ticket holders would have to look up this play to figure out what you are talking about.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:55 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Always seems to be the story when Brady plays and always seems to "surprisingly" go his way.
Mahomes doesn't get calls other QBs don't?

That's just how professional sports is. Superstars get the calls. End of day blaming refs for losses is what crybabies and excuse makers do. If you don't have a superstar QB (and even sometimes when you do) you have to be able to overcome bad calls to win games sometimes.

It's just how it is.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:08 AM 05-13-2021
So I looked up the play on viewed it on You Tube and I can't believe that you think NFL officials would not blow a whistle on a tackle like that. Miles himself got up celebrating first and not immediately trying to advance the ball. And when the whistle blew Jack was more concerned about getting credit for the fumble.

It was an absolute miracle that the initial call by the crew was correct regarding the fumble.

This link to the play on youtube does not even have Romo or Nantz bring up your complaint about Jack being deprived of the chance to advance the ball.

It seems like you have never watched NFL football if you are nursing that play as some kind of historical blown call.

Considering that each official on the field has a whistle, it would have been the most stupendous miracle of all time for a crazy trick play like that to have a ball carrier stripped of the ball on the tackle and for a whistle to not have been blown. I bet at least two officials blew a whistle thinking the play was over.

Even with today's guidance to officials to try to not blow whistle on a fumble play, it would be an all time miracle for a whistle not to be blown on a play like that.

I bet 95% of Jags season ticket holders would have to look up this play to figure out what you are talking about.
Patriot ballwashing bullshit
[Reply]
jettio 11:20 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Patriot ballwashing bullshit
No, its a Chiefs fan's take as a neutral in a game between the Jaguars and the Patriots.

I watched that game rooting for the Jaguars and when the game was over, I was disappointed in the Jaguars losing the game and for AJ Bouye playing the worst quarter of football I had ever seen him play.

Bouye was a stud for the Texans in 2016 and had several offers in free agency after that season. After the 2017 season he was ranked #35 on the NFL top 100.

Bouye played like a scrub in the 4th quarter of the AFC Championship game.

Anybody that knows football would watch that you tube link of that play and figure that anyone citing that play as some kind of historical injustice just has no idea about officiating an NFL football game.

Crying about that play seems like a cause taking up by a few internet weirdos that have no idea about NFL football and NFL officiating.
[Reply]
TEX 11:22 AM 05-13-2021

:-) Does the word "Sheep" mean anything to you? I trust MY eyes. Jack only stopped running because the ref blew the whistle. The only reason you "can't" see it is because you don't want to.
95% of Jags Season Ticket Holders you say??? - guess again.
I'd bet that 99% would agree with me after trusting their own eyes and reading and seeing this ...https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/1...guars-the-game

Only clueless sheep don't get it, or those who don't want to. Which are you? :-)
[Reply]
Page 73 of 167
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up