ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 167
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 05-12-2021
How the hell did this thread turn into the rigged thread?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:47 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
How the hell did this thread turn into the rigged thread?
Any time Donks are mentioned or brought up; rigged and cheating are automatically inferred.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:50 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
:-)
Should have been 3 and a SB appearance....Jags got screwed HARD.

Guess who's bogus PI call cost them the game..right before half?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:53 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Should have been 3 and a SB appearance....Jags got screwed HARD.

Guess who's bogus PI call cost them the game..right before half?
I'm gonna guess it's the same guy who led the "All Star" officiating crew for the Rams MNF game.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:03 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'm gonna guess it's the same guy who led the "All Star" officiating crew for the Rams MNF game.
It was the same official...but also the same QB that just had 27 DPIs last year.

See a pattern?

Interesting that in both games...Brady had a controversial PI call in the final 2 minutes before half.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:42 AM 05-13-2021
Jags got fucked harder than any team I have seen in a long time. The league made sure they didn't make that Superbowl.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 AM 05-13-2021
Myles Jack wasn't down
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:28 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It was the same official...but also the same QB that just had 27 DPIs last year.

See a pattern?

Interesting that in both games...Brady had a controversial PI call in the final 2 minutes before half.
I’m going to punch a baby if we make the SB and he’s officiating.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:43 AM 05-13-2021
I'd say the fact that the NFL didn't put the KC/GB game in a prime time slot is very telling.

Rodgers vs Mahomes should have been a lock for SNF.
[Reply]
jettio 08:45 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Jags got ****ed harder than any team I have seen in a long time. The league made sure they didn't make that Superbowl.
My take from that game was that in the 4th quarter AJ Bouye went from 2 straight years of All-Pro level CB to 1 quarter of the softest sorriest CB play ever in a playoff game.

Maybe there were one or two questionable calls, but the Jaguars defense and especially AJ Bouye acted like they were afraid of being champions.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:49 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'd say the fact that the NFL didn't put the KC/GB game in a prime time slot is very telling.

They will change the schedules if Rodgers moves to the AFC West.

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

Yea, neither of those things are happening...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:07 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

I at least expected the game to be late enough in the season to be flexed. That way, they could hedge their bets and move it to primetime if Rodgers plays.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:11 AM 05-13-2021

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

JakeF to Lobotomy Island.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:17 AM 05-13-2021

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

Cap'n Clutch will be their crutch!
[Reply]
Page 72 of 167
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Up