ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 167
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
TEX 09:29 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It actually amazes me that there are full grown, successful adults who have been watching this sport for 30+ years and haven't figured this out yet.
Exactly. The deal is, you can easily tell when the officials have their marching orders. "THE CALL" happens, and other weird ones follow if needed (and sometimes it's a blatant non-call like the 2018 NFC Championship Game) and the game is altered. Those REALLY piss me off as there is NO ****ING WAY a professional Ref should EVER miss some of them...THE CALL happened to KC in this past Super Bowl when an INT near midfield was denied. Had KC been given the ball, and scored, they're right back in it.

It happens in regular season games as well. In far too many to list...Anyone remember the national televised KC at Pitt game in 2018? KC up by 3 scores, and Big Rape gets strip sacked and KC scores to go up 28, but all of a sudden there's a "holding" flag and it's nullified. Would have been GAME OVER at the half - NEVER saw the replay. SD at KC on Thursday Night Football - Remember how that ended? That was so bad, they changed the OPI rules the following year... What about KC at Oakland a few years ago? THAT was a special kind of getting jobbed. Happened throughout the whole game. KC at SF the season before that. No way in hell Kaep got that first down, he was at least 2 yards short... Point is it happens nearly every week throughout the league. The only way once can miss it, is if one does not want to see it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:31 AM 05-11-2021
Scientists believe they are only a few years away from unearthing the first conspiracy nutter who believes games are rigged in favor of their favorite team
[Reply]
TEX 09:32 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Superb Owl??
:-) Works for me!
[Reply]
TEX 09:34 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's what Goodell wants you to think
No, it's why you miss the easy stuff a lot. Deal is, you know your stuff, but you're most always on the wrong side with it. It's like you keep missing the target.
[Reply]
TEX 09:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.
:-) This is a very good way to look at it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:41 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
and I haven't been wrong the past 4 years. I predicted a LA team in the SB...and they got there by the worst call in playoff history.
You've actually been wrong quite consistently as ive pointed out in previous threads. I call you out on your bullshit and you hate it. And you still didnt answer his questions.

Anytime you are asked to answer to your hypocrisy you bitch out and dance around the question with your same old tired ass responses.
[Reply]
-King- 09:41 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. The deal is, you can easily tell when the officials have their marching orders. "THE CALL" happens, and other weird ones follow if needed (and sometimes it's a blatant non-call like the 2018 NFC Championship Game) and the game is altered. Those REALLY piss me off as there is NO ****ING WAY a professional Ref should EVER miss some of them...THE CALL happened to KC in this past Super Bowl when an INT near midfield was denied. Had KC been given the ball, and scored, they're right back in it.

It happens in regular season games as well. In far too many to list...Anyone remember the national televised KC at Pitt game in 2018? KC up by 3 scores, and Big Rape gets strip sacked and KC scores to go up 28, but all of a sudden there's a "holding" flag and it's nullified. Would have been GAME OVER at the half - NEVER saw the replay. SD at KC on Thursday Night Football - Remember how that ended? That was so bad, they changed the OPI rules the following year... What about KC at Oakland a few years ago? THAT was a special kind of getting jobbed. Happened throughout the whole game. KC at SF the season before that. No way in hell Kaep got that first down, he was at least 2 yards short... Point is it happens nearly every week throughout the league. The only way once can miss it, is if one does not want to see it.
Which games did the nfl rig for KC to win?
[Reply]
-King- 09:43 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think it's clear that certain games are manipulated to give certain players/markets a boost, but I think people go way too far with this. I don't see every game being scripted and predetermined. The WWE comparisons are ridiculous.

In a lot of cases, I think it's the Jordan treatment. They've turned Brady into a much bigger star than he ever had a right to be. When comparing his big game penalty totals to those of other QBs, it's undeniable.

In other cases, I think it's typically about maintaining a TV audience, with no real preference for a winner. We've seen it plenty of times in recent years. Flurry of penalties after KC takes a 21-0 lead on Pitt until suddenly the game's tied. Then officiating evens out. The Houston game a few years back, etc etc.
Why didn't they do that in the superbowl then? They forgot?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:46 AM 05-11-2021
It’s about more than money

The report in @TheAthletic stating Aaron Rodgers turned down a Packers offer which would have made him the highest-paid QB in football is something else.

To be mad is one thing, to turn down that kind of money, even for someone who has plenty, is another.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) May 11, 2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:28 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I feel like this doesn't mean much without seeing the figures. Perhaps it would have made him the highest paid QB, but the guarantees were relatively low and he's looking for more commitment from the organization..?
[Reply]
TLO 10:31 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think it's about him being a cry baby bitch.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I feel like this doesn't mean much without seeing the figures. Perhaps it would have made him the highest paid QB, but the guarantees were relatively low and he's looking for more commitment from the organization..?
Exactly. This tells us nothing.

I think above the money, Rodgers wants them to fully commit for the next few years. That’s something that is dependent on structure.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think it's about him being a cry baby bitch.
Why does a man with power deciding his own fate make him a bitch?

Seems quite the opposite.

A bitch would sit there and just be a good soldier while his team continues to crater the remaining years of his career with poor draft choices, negligence and disrespect....while he sits there like a good soldier taking it like a bitch.

It seems to me that if you believe he should shut up and stay put, then YOU'RE the bitch.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:40 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:

Yep, I recall every single one of these instances. It's exactly like you said, some people just simply don't want to see it. It really is just that simple. Countless NFL players have spoken out about it, books have been written about it, ect.

Also, the responses using the term 'rigged' constantly are a little redundant and deflective. Obviously every game and every play and every outcome is not scripted or rigged. That would be impossible to pull off and would be blatantly obvious.

However, anyone who can't see that certain games are manipulated by officiating isn't even really worth having a discussion with at this point. If you watched those calls handed to Brady in the Super Bowl as a Chiefs' fan and still can deny this stuff happens, you're just an extremely naive person. You watched Mahomes get sledgehammered into the ground play after play without a single penalty while people weren't allowed to breathe on Brady's receivers without a flag flying.

And believe it or not, it is still possible to enjoy NFL football while knowing in the back of your mind that games will be steered in certain directions from time to time. It actually makes it much easier to handle because you can clearly see when it's happening if you accept it and realize it's time to mentally check out. I was over our Super Bowl loss by halftime because of how it transpired.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:40 AM 05-11-2021
If a man has a better opportunity to further his career elsewhere, a MAN takes that opportunity despite the changes, uncertainty, relocation of his home and family, and whatever his co-workers might say.

A Bitch would turn it down to stay put, stay comfortable, not deal with change and not deal with relocation and uncertainty....and also not further advance himself because he's afraid/unwilling to deal with what comes with change.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 167
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up