ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 167
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
New World Order 09:41 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Mahomes talked this off-season about being more efficient after watching Brady in the SB. So to your point, I think he looks to become more of a pocket passer which will be better for his longevity. All running QBs eventually move to this model because they have to. If not, you end up like Vick and Newton. Mahomes is smarter than that and also capable of playing from the pocket well unlike Vick and Newton.

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:41 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Donk fans seem to be certain that Rodgers will be going to Dungver. I heard a caller on Sirius NFL this morning asking who was available to come in at right tackle to protect Rodgers. SMH. And then, the host said nothing to dispute it.
The Royals draft better QBs than the Broncos. They drafted Marino and Elway. They draft Cutler.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:51 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Rodgers had more yards rushing and rushing attempt his first 3 years starting than Mahomes.
:-)

powned
[Reply]
TEX 09:54 AM 05-05-2021
Mahomes talked this off-season about being more efficient after watching Brady in the SB. So to your point, I think he looks to become more of a pocket passer which will be better for his longevity. All running QBs eventually move to this model because they have to. If not, you end up like Vick and Newton. Mahomes is smarter than that and also capable of playing from the pocket well unlike Vick and Newton.
How did that work for Favre? Mahomes might stay in the pocket a bit more, but he's certainly not going to "evolve" into a statue. IMO, he'll still do Mahomes things on the run by his CHOICE, rather than necessity. Especially with the Chiefs committed to providing him protection.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:22 AM 05-05-2021
Rogers called the Pack GM Jerry Krause in a Zoom call.

That’s cold.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:49 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

That’s cold.
Haha. Really? That's hilarious. Dipshit needs to be called out for drafting Love in the 1st round. Any GM with a brain would've gotten more help for AR. Didn't have to be Justin Jefferson, but someone at wideout. That RB is the 2nd was actually a good call....till they decided to resign Jones and let their pro bowl C walk in the FA.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:49 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Donk fans seem to be certain that Rodgers will be going to Dungver. I heard a caller on Sirius NFL this morning asking who was available to come in at right tackle to protect Rodgers. SMH. And then, the host said nothing to dispute it.
If he doesn't go there that draft looks much worse. They had their choice of 3 possible franchise QB's and didn't take a one.

I would think you draft a guy and if you do get Rodgers you can make that young high pick a part of the Rodgers' trade...
[Reply]
Dante84 11:21 AM 05-05-2021
ESPN's article today had a random image leading to another story where someone opined that the Seahawks and Packers should consider swapping Wilson and Rodgers.

EDIT: Here's the link

Honestly? It could make all parties happy: a fresh start for fans, coaches, front offices and QB's.

- Wilson gets to go back to Wisconsin and still has a dynamic offense.
- Packers fans get to celebrate still having a top-tier QB, and one that played at Wisconsin, lessening the blow of losing Rodgers.
- Packers front office gets rid of the drama queen and get a younger star QB, and don't face the wrath of their fans.
- Rodgers gets out of Green Bay and steps into a great offense with weapons (save the Oline).
- Seattle fans get to celebrate having the league MVP, lessening the blow of losing Russ.
- Seattle front office gets rid of their drama queen, get the MVP QB, and don't face the wrath of their fans.

I'd prefer they both stay in the NFC, so I'd much prefer that than him coming to the Broncos.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:24 AM 05-05-2021

[Reply]
wazu 11:52 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
ESPN's article today had a random image leading to another story where someone opined that the Seahawks and Packers should consider swapping Wilson and Rodgers.

EDIT: Here's the link

Honestly? It could make all parties happy: a fresh start for fans, coaches, front offices and QB's.

- Wilson gets to go back to Wisconsin and still has a dynamic offense.
- Packers fans get to celebrate still having a top-tier QB, and one that played at Wisconsin, lessening the blow of losing Rodgers.
- Packers front office gets rid of the drama queen and get a younger star QB, and don't face the wrath of their fans.
- Rodgers gets out of Green Bay and steps into a great offense with weapons (save the Oline).
- Seattle fans get to celebrate having the league MVP, lessening the blow of losing Russ.
- Seattle front office gets rid of their drama queen, get the MVP QB, and don't face the wrath of their fans.

I'd prefer they both stay in the NFC, so I'd much prefer that than him coming to the Broncos.
If I were a Seahawks fan and they traded Russell Wilson for 37 year old Aaron Rodgers they would absolutely be facing my wrath. I'd take to the internet with many words.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:01 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

That’s cold.
Rodgers is hilarious.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:03 PM 05-05-2021
JFC Patrick is not a "running qb". I have no idea why people keep pushing that narrative.

Comparing his play style to Vick or Cam is just ludicrous.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:04 PM 05-05-2021
No one wants you here Tommy. Just leave.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
JFC Patrick is not a "running qb". I have no idea why people keep pushing that narrative.

GoForIt is a troll. That was just an attempt to suck Brady’s dick some more.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:08 PM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

Well, he was running for his life in that game. That should be fixed now, however.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 167
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up