ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 167
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:46 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
You haven't been paying attention to the way the Broncos have been building their roster.
Do you mean going from 7-9 in 2019 to 5-11? Have to admit ...that's impressive roster building. What's the next step.. 3-13 next season? I mean you might as well set achievable goals for your team..

Who is the best QB Rodgers has had to compete against...Stafford? He's going to give up 6 games a year against Dalton, Goff and Cousins? The dude is 37 with one SB win...like a decade ago. He has only been to one Superbowl...

He's going to retire to the division with the 2 of the 3 best QBs in the entire AFC? One potentially being the best in history?

I'll bet you $100 that Rodgers goes nowhere...much like the Broncos future under Fangio.

He's going to think long and hard about playing in the same division as Mahomes/Reid....with sub-par management/coaching.
[Reply]
DomCasual 01:06 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Do you mean going from 7-9 in 2019 to 5-11? Have to admit ...that's impressive roster building. What's the next step.. 3-13 next season? I mean you might as well set achievable goals for your team..

Who is the best QB Rodgers has had to compete against...Stafford? He's going to give up 6 games a year against Dalton, Goff and Cousins? The dude is 37 with one SB win...like a decade ago. He only been to one Superbowl...

I'll bet you $100 that Rodgers goes nowhere...much like the Broncos future under Fangio.
Did you pay attention at all last year? Heck, I knew about the Chiefs - even during all those years you were bottom feeding in the division.

Last year was the perfect crap storm for the Broncos. Everybody got hurt. I've never seen a season like it, and I've been watching football for a long time.

Without Rodgers, I think we get in the playoffs this year. That would be an accomplishment. With him, we'll at least give you a run for the division.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:43 AM 05-04-2021
Did you pay attention at all last year? Heck, I knew about the Chiefs - even during all those years you were bottom feeding in the division.

Last year was the perfect crap storm for the Broncos. Everybody got hurt. I've never seen a season like it, and I've been watching football for a long time.

Without Rodgers, I think we get in the playoffs this year. That would be an accomplishment. With him, we'll at least give you a run for the division.
Yeah Yeah...Broncos are always a contender...been hearing that every off-season since Manningstein retired.

Bridgewater/Sutton will not account for a 4-5 win increase....you're looking at a .500 team, tops, if everything breaks the Donks way. Your coaching staff isn't good enough...Panthers had better coaching/roster and still finished worse than the Donks with TB at QB.

I want your team to improve...to the 7-9/8-8 range of QB purgatory.

What will be interesting is if they start calling offensive holding penalties again...like in 2019. This is the ONLY reason Bolles made a "leap" last year...he was still mugging the shit out of everyone...it was just ignored. I cant believe they extended him...and passed on Slater.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:04 AM 05-04-2021
You haven't been paying attention to the way the Broncos have been building their roster.
The Broncos roster is solid but nowhere near as good as the Chargers, who would scare me a lot more than Denver even if Rodgers were to go there.

Adding Rodgers would make Denver about even with LAC, who no one is talking about as a realistic challenger to KC for the division right now.

LAC is a solid team who won't win the division but will make the playoffs as a wild card IMO. And that's exactly what Denver would be with Rodgers, A wild card team that won't be a realistic threat for the division.

I haven't even mentioned the ridiculously huge coaching disparity between Andy and Fangio either.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:05 AM 05-04-2021
Dom gots jokes.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:07 AM 05-04-2021
Without Rodgers, I think we get in the playoffs this year.
Also :-)

Fanaticism is a helluva drug.
[Reply]
TEX 03:52 AM 05-04-2021

Go back to the Mange and preach to the Donktards. They'll believe you. Nobody here does. Search out Bronco Steven.(Kranz) He's special...
[Reply]
CupidStunt 04:00 AM 05-04-2021
The Broncos with Rodgers would be dangerous, let's not kid ourselves. He'd make the Jags competitive.

But LOL at making the playoffs with Bridgwater at QB. The Broncos are MAYBE the 12th-best team in the AFC with the dogshit they'll be rolling out at QB every week.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:58 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Panthers had better coaching/roster and still finished worse than the Donks with TB at QB.
Well, CAR only had McCaffery for 3 games last season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:59 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
The Broncos with Rodgers would be dangerous, let's not kid ourselves. He'd make the Jags competitive.

But LOL at making the playoffs with Bridgwater at QB. The Broncos are MAYBE the 12th-best team in the AFC with the dogshit they'll be rolling out at QB every week.
Bitch, please... 10th, possibly 11th. But 12th?
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:20 AM 05-04-2021
I don't know guys... Adding Rodgers instantly makes Denver a serious threat-- they have talent on that roster, and being a division rival they have a familiarity with the Chiefs that other teams do not.

Some of the comments on here leading up to the SB are cringeworthy now; we got fisted on both sides of the ball (our failings were more than just a patchwork offensive line). Hubris is a dangerous drug.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:41 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Bitch, please... 10th, possibly 11th. But 12th?
Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Browns, Steelers, Dolphins, Titans, Patriots, Colts are absolute no brainers. That's 9. Then you've got the Raiders and Chargers. What is your argument to be above either or both? Not that I think either is great, especially the Raiders, but still. Perhaps you don't realize how bad Teddy Bridgwater is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:55 AM 05-04-2021

Which of these teams are you beating out for that playoff spot if you don't get Rodgers?

KC
Baltimore
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Miami
New England
San Angeles Chargers

I didn't even mention Pittsburgh, who will be an improved team (even if their record will be worse than last year). May as well add them to the list as well.

A Rodgersless Donks will beat 2 of those teams to get into the playoffs?
[Reply]
tredadda 06:42 AM 05-04-2021
Nothing would make me happier than to see Denver sacrifice the future for a shot at a few year rental that probably won't get them to the promised land. Mortgage those draft picks and players for a guy who at times seems like he no longer cares about the game and could retire at any moment, oh and is also 37.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:22 AM 05-04-2021
CP sure is stupid. Anyone that think if Denver getting Rogers isn't a problem for us is crazy and arrogant. Like facing TB in the bowl. Anyone that watches football should have know that's not good and neither would this be. Denver has a good roster and Rogers threw 48 tds last year with less.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 167
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up