ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 167
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Mecca 03:19 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Aaron Rodgers deserves to be traded to Houston at this point and to be subjected to that dumpster fire.

Enjoy calling Jack Easterby, "boss", Aaron.
Yea he's such a dick for being annoyed a team has wasted most of his career.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:21 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea he's such a dick for being annoyed a team has wasted most of his career.
Meh his passive aggressive crap is annoying.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:21 PM 04-29-2021
Also Mahomes isn't a bitter prick like Aaron Rodgers.
12 years is a long time, let's see how it plays out..I also don't expect the Chiefs to treat him the way GB has Rodgers.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:23 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This is true...it couldnt have been gift-wrapped any better...Home field in winter against a Florida team...3 INTS.
It's not Aaron Rodgers' fault the NFL is rigged against him, right?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:24 PM 04-29-2021
If he is unhappy with the lack of playmakers on Green Bay's offense, good luck with the Raiders offense.
Shit offensive line.
Suspect weapons.
Zero defense.
Has to play Mahomes twice a season.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:25 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He failed in the champ game again. Defense gave him 3 picks and he did shit with it. He [played lights out and got another MVP but when the chips were on the line he curled up into a ball and failed.
Yea he made his RB fumble..made a CB make a terrible end of half play..they re-signed him by the way...and also turned the coach into a bitch that kicked a fg.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:25 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Shit offensive line.
Suspect weapons.
Zero defense.
Has to play Mahomes twice a season.
Eh. I don't think the OL for the Raiders will be a problem.

The weapons in LV are better than what he had in GB.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:26 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
It's not lost on me that Green Bay has had 30 years of HOF QB play and had issues with both guys...this is an organizational issue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Eh. I don't think the OL for the Raiders will be a problem.

The weapons in LV are better than what he had in GB.
Better TE, yeah. No Davante Adams type WR. It’s Henry Ruggs and John Brown.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:27 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's not Aaron Rodgers' fault the NFL is rigged against him, right?
You never shut up do you...your not worth arguing with...just trying to bait me..it's "your thing"

Paint your face red, plaster your walls with fanboy posters and enjoy vicarious living through others accomplishments...I dont give a shit one way or another.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:28 PM 04-29-2021
It's not lost on me that Green Bay has had 30 years of HOF QB play and had issues with both guys...this is an organizational issue.
I mean it surely could be but AR is kind of a bitch. I'm just happy we have Mahomes and he doesn't have a voodoo wife or act like a little girl. :-)

The GB brass probably just think they can pull a HOF qb out of a hat by now.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:29 PM 04-29-2021
I mean it surely could be but AR is kind of a bitch. I'm just happy we have Mahomes and he doesn't have a voodoo wife or act like a little girl. :-)
If the Chiefs continued to do nothing he asked for year after year and acted like they could give a shit what he thought, you don't think he'd say anything?

The Packers have asked for this.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:30 PM 04-29-2021
So you would prefer he'd come out and just call them on being a shitty organization? Yell from the tallest building in GB "THESE GUYS ARE MORONS"...?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:30 PM 04-29-2021
No single owner to kiss their ass and make the final call. That is Green Bay's problem.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:31 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You never shut up do you...your not worth arguing with...just trying to bait me..it's "your thing"

Paint your face red, plaster your walls with fanboy posters and enjoy vicarious living through others accomplishments...I dont give a shit one way or another.
:-)

It's just funny watching you selectively apply when something's rigged and when it isn't.

Rodgers loses to Brady in the NFCC? Rodgers's fault.

Mahomes loses to Brady in the SB? It's rigged!

Watching you tip toe between being a conspiritard and being an amateur analyst is too funny. The mental gymnastics you must do....
[Reply]
Page 13 of 167
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up