ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:14 PM 04-25-2021
To be brutally honest, had Joe not made the significant changes in his lifestyle that he did a couple years back...this could very well have been one of "those" threads.
I was wondering about this.

I'm not active on FB anymore, but had heard he had made some major changes - quit smoking, heard he quit drinking as well.

Crazy that you make those changes and STILL end up in this spot, is a real wake up call how years of those habits can affect you down the road.

*not judgmental in the least, this is a wake up call to me - I need to make similar changes.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:17 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I was wondering about this.

I'm not active on FB anymore, but had heard he had made some major changes - quit smoking, heard he quit drinking as well.

Crazy that you make those changes and STILL end up in this spot, is a real wake up call how years of those habits can affect you down the road.

*not judgmental in the least, this is a wake up call to me - I need to make similar changes.
Yep, quit drinking two years ago, and quit smoking last fall.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:24 PM 04-25-2021
Yep, quit drinking two years ago, and quit smoking last fall.
Good for him, that's awesome.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 03:40 AM 04-26-2021
Positive vibes for Nzoner.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:15 AM 04-26-2021
Love you, Nzoner.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:04 AM 04-26-2021
I hate hearing about this stuff... prayers for you, Nzoner!
[Reply]
Lzen 05:46 AM 04-26-2021
Oh man, I had no idea. I put Facebook away over three months ago.

Prayers for Joe. A good man and a Chiefs Planet icon.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:10 AM 04-26-2021
Best wishes Joe!
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:22 AM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Holy shit. That's a close call and another reason all you folks should know and know how to do CPR.

Sounds a little like the ol' widow maker (left anterior descending) artery was occluded. Probably/possibly not, because that's a sneaky mofo. Sometimes no pain, just arrest.

Glad he didn't have to have his chest cracked.

Speedy recovery to Joe.
Joe is the best and was coherant enough to respond on social media yesterday.
Interestingly enough, he said it was the artery on the back of his heart that was 100 percent blocked. He said he had a lot of pain unlike my experience of just not being able to breath which has led to seven stents, 4 in the widow maker.
[Reply]
luv 07:30 AM 04-26-2021
Facebook friends with his Mrs. and overlooked her post until this morning. Not surprised to see a stickied thread for him. Both he and his wife continually open their home to people, never judge, and are always doing things for the benefit of others. Hope he continues to do well and gets to go home Tuesday.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:36 AM 04-26-2021
updates sound encouraging! Prayers sent!
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:51 AM 04-26-2021
One of the best dudes you’d ever want to meet. I can’t even begin to list the awesome times I’ve had with this guy. Seriously, I’d have no idea where to begin.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:53 AM 04-26-2021
great news... sounds like he was lucky to catch this before it was too late. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:17 AM 04-26-2021
Joe posted this himself on his personal facebook page yesterday:

Thanks everyone for the prayers, good thoughts and well wishes. I’m presently sitting in a hospital bed feeling like someone hit me in the chest with a sledgehammer.
Crazy thing about my back issues is I now know for sure it mimics a heart attack and almost waited too long but thanks to God He had other plans and I now have a stint on the backside of my heart which was 100% blocked.
Anyhow thanks and please remember “NO ONE IS PROMISED TOMORROW.
Eternity is a long time and if you’re not certain where you’ll spend it say if a heart attack took you tonight....please ask Jesus Christ to forgive you, to take up residence within you and read the Word of God to find out all His promises for you.
Love you all ❤️❤️❤️
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:50 AM 04-26-2021
I hope you recover soon Joe... you might not remember me but we did meet. I came down and bought some fireworks and stayed around for some really good food brought by some other CP members.

Wishing you a fast recovery...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 32
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up