ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:51 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
None and I hate to admit it but I hadn't seen a doc in over two years.I made this bed and have no one or nothing to point a finger at other than the man in the mirror.
Back in 2008, I just had my first child, so my parents were out visiting. My Dad and I were on a 4 mile walk in the neighborhood when I asked, "When was the last time you'd had a checkup?". He responded "20+ years". He'd been a heavy smoker from age 14 to around age 45 and he was 65 when we had the conversation. I said to him, "I want you to promise me that you'll see a doctor when you get home. I want my child to grow up with a grandfather. I mean it, Dad!".

A few weeks later, he had a physical, then that doctor sent him to a cardiologist because of his history. My Mom calls me and this is no joke: "Dad just got done at the doctor. He's fine. You know your Dad, he's big and strong. Oh, hold on a second (she flips to the other line). That was the cardiologist. Your Dad needs angioplasty and he's scheduled for Monday". Once the doctors got in there, they found that three of his arteries were 99% clogged with the 4th 50% clogged!

13 years later, he's still strong as an ox and perfectly fine, with the help of blood pressure and cholesterol meds. So, my only advice is to follow your doctor's orders to a "T" and start taking care of your body.

Best of luck and here's to a long, happy life!

:-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:01 PM 05-11-2021
Did you write a commercial and jingle for this special moment with you and your Dad?
[Reply]
Lzen 06:56 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
None and I hate to admit it but I hadn't seen a doc in over two years.I made this bed and have no one or nothing to point a finger at other than the man in the mirror.
Gotcha. I was wondering because my doctor recently put me on cholesterol meds.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:31 PM 10-29-2021
And the hits just keep coming...now Mrs Nzoner is in the hospital with Covid. She's been vaxxed but also has a weak immune system. Not a good situation at all...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:40 PM 10-29-2021
Ah man it seems like that family hasnt been able to catch a break. Prayers up for his wife
[Reply]
2112 04:05 PM 10-29-2021
Ah shit. Prayers for Mrs NZONER
[Reply]
DaFace 04:14 PM 10-29-2021
Bleh, that sucks. Hopefully the vaccine does its job and keeps her healthy.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:21 PM 10-29-2021
That's not good. Praying for a healthy and speedy recovery.
[Reply]
notorious 04:43 PM 10-29-2021
We are thinking of you, N.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:49 PM 10-29-2021
Dammit, his wife is an incredibly sweet person. That's awful, they'll both be in my thoughts.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:01 PM 10-29-2021
Terrible news, prayer sent
[Reply]
Frazod 05:25 PM 10-29-2021
Man, that's messed up. Mrs. Nzoner may well be the coolest wife that ever lived.

Sure hope she pulls through okay.
[Reply]
cdcox 05:44 PM 10-29-2021
Best wishes and for the best.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:52 PM 10-29-2021
Gald your here friend.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:56 PM 10-29-2021
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 32
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up