ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 138
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
O.city 01:13 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they truly feel they do they wouldn’t have settled for Robinson.
Again, according to the article, they did try. Didn't get it done.

HOpefully it's better in the long run they didn't.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:13 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Upgrading the interior OL is nice but the problem with bringing back a lot of our guys is that we badly needed upgrades to some of those positions. I don't know how they can be comfortable with Robinson as WR 2 and Taco as a starting DE or Niang at LT. Also, the LBs still suck outside of possibly Gay stepping up. These are way too many holes to fill for one draft.
Quit this "Robinson is our #2" shit. It's not a thing. There's nothing that would suggest that's true.
[Reply]
O.city 01:14 PM 03-25-2021
I don't know that I see any starting caliber LT's available that I'd be very comfortable with.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

HOpefully it's better in the long run they didn't.
That’s exactly why it sound more to me like they wanted to upgrade.

They didn’t, and they re-signed Robinson and will use the draft to add young/cheap talent.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 03-25-2021
I don't know that I see any starting caliber LT's available that I'd be very comfortable with.
Nobody is saying we should sign one and not also draft 1 in the first 2 rounds.

The idea is to have a vet and a young talented rookie. Just like RT with Remmers and Niang.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:16 PM 03-25-2021
Robinson signed for the vet minimum. You gotta think that he took a discount to stay here. He could’ve gotten more elsewhere
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:18 PM 03-25-2021
There are varying degrees of trying. There's $16M a year multi year deal for Watkins trying, and then there's 1-yr barely less/more than what every other team is offering trying....

The WR FA class this year was hot garbage. The highlight player was Golladay, who's a nice player, but not an ace.

The rest? Juju, Reynolds, Samuel and Hilton?

:-)

Yeah, the Chiefs didn't exactly miss any world beaters in that group. Lackluster at best.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody is saying we should sign one and not also draft 1 in the first 2 rounds.

The idea is to have a vet and a young talented rookie. Just like RT with Remmers and Niang.
It just doesn't pencil cost wise though. Unless you can get one of those vets on a cheap 1 year deal, I wouldn't tie up 8 mil on a meh LT if I'm gonna spend an early pick on one.

If you're drafting a guy in round 1 or 2, start him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:19 PM 03-25-2021
It just doesn't pencil cost wise though. Unless you can get one of those vets on a cheap 1 year deal, I wouldn't tie up 8 mil on a meh LT if I'm gonna spend an early pick on one.

8M a year for a LT is fucking peanuts.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There are varying degrees of trying. There's $16M a year multi year deal for Watkins trying, and then there's 1-yr barely less/more than what every other team is offering trying....

The WR FA class this year was hot garbage. The highlight player was Golladay, who's a nice player, but not an ace.

The rest? Juju, Reynolds, Samuel and Hilton?

:-)

Yeah, the Chiefs didn't exactly miss any world beaters in that group. Lackluster at best.
They weren't looking for a world beater. They're looking for a competent #2 vet.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:20 PM 03-25-2021

If they don’t sign a LT, then that means they either are eyeing a trade for a guy like Dillard or Brown, or they will be very aggressive in the draft.

Again, Andy Reid has never started a rookie at LT. If the plan is to sit at 31 and take one, I think they’ll also sign a vet.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
8M a year for a LT is ****ing peanuts.
It's 8 mil off this years cap on a guy that you hope holds down the spot long enough to get a young guy up to speed.

It's a waste of resources when you can roll that 8 million over and just play the rookie.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:23 PM 03-25-2021
It's 8 mil off this years cap on a guy that you hope holds down the spot long enough to get a young guy up to speed.

It's a waste of resources when you can roll that 8 million over and just play the rookie.
Agreed! Unless you’re gonna sign a LT long term you need to draft one and hope for the best
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:24 PM 03-25-2021
They weren't looking for a world beater. They're looking for a competent #2 vet.
And they werent willing to pay more than they're worth, because again, that list of WR's is aids.

People are acting like we "missed out" on these guys. I don't see it that way at all. The Chiefs gave these B-C grade players a chance by offering them what they're worth (very little). They didn't take it, no harm no foul. The contract offers suggest that these guys weren't high priority FA's that they HAD to have.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 03-25-2021

How is that any different from the WR2 spot where we would’ve paid 8 mil for a 1 year stop gap?

Is LT not more of an immediate need than WR2?
[Reply]
Page 107 of 138
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Up