ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 141
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:45 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I have been trying to expand our meal rotation to partially cope with the COVID blues. I thought of apricot chicken last week. Will have to pick up some bone-in thighs next week to cook that up. Good recipe. Side suggestions?
basic white rice is really good w/ the broth, I'd say add some chopped parsley. Also I'd do a nice batch of green beans destroyed in bacon. Slow and low - onion, bacon, salt and pepper and a maybe 1/3 teaspoon sugar, maybe less if you're not doing at least 2 cans of beans. I like the french cut for canned. Fresh would be good too. A cap of vegetable oil will help for length stovetop cooking, helps balance the heat so the beans don't become pellets.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:53 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
basic white rice is really good w/ the broth, I'd say add some chopped parsley. Also I'd do a nice batch of green beans destroyed in bacon. Slow and low - onion, bacon, salt and pepper and a maybe 1/3 teaspoon sugar, maybe less if you're not doing at least 2 cans of beans. I like the french cut for canned. Fresh would be good too. A cap of vegetable oil will help for length stovetop cooking, helps balance the heat so the beans don't become pellets.
Yes, that green bean recipe is a staple in our house for Thanksgiving, fried chicken, or any home style meal. My wife likes to dump the liquid from the green bean can into the pot right away, but l prefer to hold it back to get a little sear on the beans and allow them to soak up some of the bacon-onion goodness.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:54 PM 09-22-2020
Dude, you took a long hiatus over a couple of other posters. You could have easily ignored but you didn’t. I missed you when you were gone and I’m glad you are back. By evidence, you are not immune from being run off. None of us are. If we really give a shit about “missing planeteers” maybe we should treat everyone 20% better while they are here.
I didn't take a "long hiatus." I was banned. When the offending dickbags were finally removed from power, I was invited back.

Big difference between being banned by a couple of egomaniac mods and leaving in a huff because somebody hurt my feels in the Covid thread.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:13 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I didn't take a "long hiatus." I was banned. When the offending dickbags were finally removed from power, I was invited back.

Big difference between being banned by a couple of egomaniac mods and leaving in a huff because somebody hurt my feels in the Covid thread.
My bad about ban vs leaving.

I will admit carrying a fair amount of stress over COVID. There are over 400 students in my department (some of whom don’t take precautions) and 40+ faculty and staff who report to me. Some of the faculty and staff can work remotely, while others can’t be productive at home. Two of my family members are high risk. Overall, the stress level for me and many of my colleagues has been very high for 6 mos with no end in sight. I’m not even a front line responder. Yeah, it stresses me to see people indoors in public who select behaviors that put me, my employees, family members, and front-line workers at risk. I know this is hard for everyone.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:23 AM 09-23-2020
We are living through dark fucking times, with no end in sight and only a threat that the darkness will get darker. Covid, the economy, political turmoil, rioting in the streets, you name it. It's taking a toll on everybody.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:41 AM 09-23-2020
COVID certainly has been a divisive thing.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:54 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I went over to HOC, I think I found the thread but I ain't reading that whole damn thing. Too long.

That being said, I did find this:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=27035

:-)
What the eff?
[Reply]
KurtCobain 07:23 AM 09-23-2020
As I said, think about it. Every member of the community has their thumb on the scale in determining the environment of this place. We all contribute to the stew:

1. Business as usual?
2. Leaving forever (for a while)?
3. Post more?
4. Post less?
5. Feed the trolls?
6. Post political shit in the lounge?
7. Spend time to make a thoughtful post?
8. Disagree with someone respectfully (plowing new ground here)
9. Give the mods shit or give them slack or god forbid, thank them for a thankless job?

Every person mentioned in this thread disappeared for a while. By evidence, they found better things to do with their time. Good for them, bad for us, in most cases. What are each of us doing to make this place the best thing for people to do with their time for at least several minutes of their day?

All I know is that if DaFace is getting fed up, we have a dead canary. He’s done more for this place than 99.9% of other members both on the tech side and more importantly on the people side. We’re running off one of our best members. That is never a good sign.

This is my thumb on the scale.
For the record my disappearance had nothing to do with me finding better things to do with my time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:43 AM 09-23-2020
If only people could fucking read....

Originally Posted by DaFace:
"Delete it all" isn't specific. That's my issue with the CONSTANT bitching these days. Everyone wants to bitch, but no one really has any solutions.

Anyway, this weekend has made me realize that this place has been a net negative on my life for a while now, so I'm gone for at least a little while and maybe forever. So see you all at some point in the future. Bye.
Letting his own posts speak for themselves and considering his one whole post in the Covid thread in that timeframe, I'd say it wasn't just his last interaction or just the single Covid thread..... instead, exactly what he said in his last few posts (the majority of which took place in the Sturgis thread).

The vast majority of people are content with being part of the problem by either injecting political/social bullshit into every conversation or coming up with other complaints, but not so much being part of a solution, which could be as simple as reporting posts instead of some vague complaint in the gripe thread.

And in general, that's fine... mods mod and fix shit.

But, cdcox is exactly right as well. Saying any one of the mods is simply throwing a tantrum is absurd, especially for Daface, who is the most zen person there is around here (also see above: "for a while now").

I'm sure all of the 2020 bullshit played a role in him taking a break, and it's not 100% the board running him off, but to think he woke up with thin skin that morning and nobody around here has anything to do with it is laughable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I remember Gaz though.

Maybe I missed it, but did Gaz passed or just stopped posting for good?
Originally Posted by Coach:
Appreciate it. Bummer though, always liked Gaz.
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This place was too rough and tumble, like, 2-3 years in. Just stopped, back then. But that was a long time ago. Who knows what's happened in nearly 20 years without contact. . . .
It's been quite a while ago now but IIRC, he got tired of the atmosphere being so venomous and decided to give it up.
He posted regularly on the Chiefs forum that Phobia started. So did Endelt BTW.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If only people could fucking read....

Letting his own posts speak for themselves and considering his one whole post in the Covid thread in that timeframe, I'd say it wasn't just his last interaction or just the single Covid thread..... instead, exactly what he said in his last few posts (the majority of which took place in the Sturgis thread).

The vast majority of people are content with being part of the problem by either injecting political/social bullshit into every conversation or coming up with other complaints, but not so much being part of a solution, which could be as simple as reporting posts instead of some vague complaint in the gripe thread.

And in general, that's fine... mods mod and fix shit.

But, cdcox is exactly right as well. Saying any one of the mods is simply throwing a tantrum is absurd, especially for Daface, who is the most zen person there is around here (also see above: "for a while now").

I'm sure all of the 2020 bullshit played a role in him taking a break, and it's not 100% the board running him off, but to think he woke up with thin skin that morning and nobody around here has anything to do with it is laughable.
Being a mod here is a thankless, miserable job most of the time.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:50 AM 09-23-2020
I think most of us just miss having DaFace around. I hope he returns soon. He's a quality individual.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:51 PM 09-23-2020
Being a mod here is a thankless, miserable job most of the time.
Yeah, it's generally death by a million cuts... you have to be pretty level-headed to begin with or else you won't last long, but even then it's going to wear on just about anyone over the long term (much less the number of years Daface has been doing it).

In general, I'm a believer in anyone who's here ~daily to take breaks from this place every once in a while.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, it's generally death by a million cuts... you have to be pretty level-headed to begin with or else you won't last long, but even then it's going to wear on just about anyone over the long term (much less the number of years Daface has been doing it).

In general, I'm a believer in anyone who's here ~daily to take breaks from this place every once in a while.
I wanna say I lasted 10 years or so. It became really difficult to participate in discussion as a "normal" member because there's a pre-conceived notion that comes with being a mod.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:17 PM 09-23-2020
What happened to Buck?
[Reply]
Page 58 of 141
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up