ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 172
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:41 PM 03-20-2014
Tomorrow I am going to look at a few different bikes that I'm thinking about buying..The one I'm most curious about is a Suzuki Boulevard C109T..I have read that it is a huge bike and makes a ton of power..interested in seeing it in person..Also going to look at a Fat Bob and a Street Glide
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:56 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
Tomorrow I am going to look at a few different bikes that I'm thinking about buying..The one I'm most curious about is a Suzuki Boulevard C109T..I have read that it is a huge bike and makes a ton of power..interested in seeing it in person..Also going to look at a Fat Bob and a Street Glide
How tall are you? Fat Bob has forward controls and more for the tall folk, the street bob has the mid controls and definitely for the shorter fellows.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:28 PM 03-20-2014
I am 6'4 and around 220 lbs..so I'm guessing the Fat Bob would fit me better then..what about the soft tails
[Reply]
TheUte 06:30 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
How tall are you? Fat Bob has forward controls and more for the tall folk, the street bob has the mid controls and definitely for the shorter fellows.
I'm not very tall at all (5'10) and I love forward controls. I think its more about what feels good to you.
[Reply]
TheUte 06:34 PM 03-20-2014
I am 6'4 and around 220 lbs..so I'm guessing the Fat Bob would fit me better then..what about the soft tails
You height really doesn't matter as much as you would think. My nephew is probably 6'6 and he loves his street bob.

Go sit on them and test drive a bunch. I'm a street glide guy now, but I loved my Soft Tail. For my it way to personal.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:40 PM 03-20-2014
I will try a lot of different bikes out..I have always read the position of controls feels different to different heights..so I will try out different bikes and see what fits me best and fits my style
[Reply]
Dayze 11:31 PM 03-20-2014
never sat on a 109, but I think they have a 200 tire; and make TONS of power. Harley's entry to that market is the VROD.

IMO, you'll like the Street Glide more than the Fat Bob. Nothing wrong with the Fat Bob at all, it's just that if you're looking at the Street Glide and comparing it to it, I think it'll be night and day.

what kind of riding do you plan on doing? This is the most important and honest question you should ask yourself / answer. It might save you money.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:34 PM 03-20-2014
as others have said, there is no golden rule to apply in terms of height/weight etc as it correlates to a particular bike. I'm 6'0 about 250, and found the Street Bob uncomfortable in terms of the mid-contols. Easily correctable, but just for an example etc. Where as taller folks have liked it (as mentioned earlier).

sit on, and ride (if possible) as many bikes as you can. If you're wondering about 8 different bikes, then make that MF'er at HD dealership earn his money and take you out on 8 different bikes. I LOVED the look of the Street Bob, but found it uncomfortable just a tad.

Tonight at a bike night, I found myself sitting on a Road Glide....then questioned the pursuit of my Street Glide.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:38 PM 03-20-2014
I will try a lot of different bikes out..I have always read the position of controls feels different to different heights..so I will try out different bikes and see what fits me best and fits my style

http://cycle-ergo.com/

also do some searches for motorcycle ergonomic triangle.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:05 AM 03-21-2014
The softtail's have the forward controls as well, you sit lower and it is a different ride than the Dyna's. i'm not TOO familiar with them except that my wife has a Slim version and she's very short (about 5' 3") and it fits her perfect. But that's the Slim Version.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:06 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
I'm not very tall at all (5'10) and I love forward controls. I think its more about what feels good to you.
Well it's easier to adjust to the forward controls as a medium sized person as it is to adjust to the Mid-controls as a larger person.

I'm 6'1" and look like a gorilla on a little bike on the Street Bob. My knees are up into my stomach... it was ridiculously uncomfortable and looked funny. Which is the reason i was asking.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:10 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by TheUte:
You height really doesn't matter as much as you would think. My nephew is probably 6'6 and he loves his street bob.

Go sit on them and test drive a bunch. I'm a street glide guy now, but I loved my Soft Tail. For my it way to personal.
Yep, my wife's soft Tail is really nice, it actually feels like a smoother ride than my Fat Bob. (I secretly take it out on rides)

Also, did your nephew change the foot controls from the mid's to forwards? cause 6' 6" and comfortable on a street bob I don't believe for a second without having done that. I actually went in with the intention of buying a street Bob originally, I liked the higher handle bars, and it was a bit less cheaper than the fat bob.... I got on it and feet were right underneath me being completely uncomfortable... It looked and felt funny. That's when they suggested the Fat Bob with the stock forwards, which felt great.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:12 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Tonight at a bike night, I found myself sitting on a Road Glide....then questioned the pursuit of my Street Glide.
Don't do it, don't become the RG Snob!! lol

You'll never look at other bikes the same....
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:18 AM 03-21-2014
Also, one thing to think about on the Fat Bob compared to other DYNA's or Softail bikes is that it has the double headlight. The others have single headlights. It is very restrictive in the type of aftermarket parts you can find for it. To the point of frustrating. If you know a shop or can do custom fabrication for the Fat Bob, then great.... but if not you'll have all sorts of ideas from seeing other bikes (with the single head lights) that you just can't find parts for the Fat Bob... I found this out after buying mine, and it's been very frustrating. Just something else to consider, if you're into the customizing of your ride.
[Reply]
TheUte 08:28 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
as others have said, there is no golden rule to apply in terms of height/weight etc as it correlates to a particular bike. I'm 6'0 about 250, and found the Street Bob uncomfortable in terms of the mid-contols. Easily correctable, but just for an example etc. Where as taller folks have liked it (as mentioned earlier).

sit on, and ride (if possible) as many bikes as you can. If you're wondering about 8 different bikes, then make that MF'er at HD dealership earn his money and take you out on 8 different bikes. I LOVED the look of the Street Bob, but found it uncomfortable just a tad.

Bat Wing > Shark Nose.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 172
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up