ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 172
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:20 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yep .pretty much. I was a responsible rider probably 99% of the time in the city. only time I got a little squirrely was on the alphabet highways outside of town.
all that street racing, stunting etc, made it almost unbearable for those who didn't.

...this is why we can have nice things.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 05:04 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
I couldn’t get my little guy interested. I bought a Suzuki Jr. 50 off of Motorcycle Drag Racing Buddy when his son outgrew it, and MiniRadar rode it a few times but just wasn’t that interested. He was a little upset that I sold it back to MDRB’s younger brother but got over it quickly when I told him I would renew his X-Box Live for a year with the money I got back out of it.
My godson was like that. I gave his motorcycle to my wife. 2 years of begging me for one then 5 minutes of riding it there was no way he was going to get anything out of it. Friggen frustrating. He is 25 now, still has never owned a car. I don't get it.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 05:08 PM 02-26-2014
yep .pretty much. I was a responsible rider probably 99% of the time in the city. only time I got a little squirrely was on the alphabet highways outside of town.
all that street racing, stunting etc, made it almost unbearable for those who didn't.

...this is why we can have nice things.
I ride really fast most of the time because I can get by with it. Put 3k miles on the zx11 and 6k miles on the zx14 last year. I upgraded the car so I would ride less and increase my odds of survival that way.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:04 PM 02-27-2014
I figure this is as good of place as any to put these. It's from the 'Art of the Chopper' exhibit at Union Station a year or so ago. Very cool. But no OCC bikes, which was dissapointing ~

Obviously, alot of these are simply 'art'.

A custom show bike from the 70's.

The drum that turns the wheel via tire instead of chain etc.

...and Mrs. Dayze

with a 4cyl Honda engine

[Reply]
Dayze 01:04 PM 02-27-2014

Indian Larry's bike

Roland Sands chopper

Another Roland Sands bike (I believe)

[Reply]
Dayze 01:10 PM 02-27-2014
My Old CBR 600RR. loved that bike.

My '01 ZX 6R. she was mean; carburated i believe, and had all sorts of crazy flat spots in the power band; she was 'wicked'.
R.I.P.

Bike meet up to rail some alphabet highways.

Track Day at Heartland Park; pics suck/look like ass because of our previous POS camera.

Dayze, before he looked like a dirty hippy. Cold day.

Dayze about to hit the track.

Chick on the right in the red is a bad-ass. she was ranked nationally I believe. her husband on the left of her. Dayze on the far left.

[Reply]
Scorp 02:08 PM 02-27-2014
Dude wtf???? Take those pics of you down now!!!!!! Noob move.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:33 PM 02-27-2014
lol.
ehh. There's already a pic of me on here in the faces and names thread.

:-)
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:29 PM 02-27-2014
One of these days I'm going to test ride a Street Glide......but I'm worried I'll want one soon after lol
I wish I could've kept thefatboy too, but the street / road glides are very comfortable, fast, good looking and has good storage. you will want it
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:31 PM 02-27-2014
lol.
ehh. There's already a pic of me on here in the faces and names thread.

lurkers cant see picture forum
[Reply]
Dayze 10:12 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
lurkers cant see picture forum
that's reassuring. thanks :-)

unless one of you assholes......

[Reply]
Dayze 10:13 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I wish I could've kept thefatboy too, but the street / road glides are very comfortable, fast, good looking and has good storage. you will want it
you're not helping lol

Yeah, I hear ya. That's exactly why I don't want to ride one just yet. I'll fall so in love with it.......

I absolutely know I will. :-)
[Reply]
Dylan 11:44 PM 02-27-2014
Widely considered one of the best onboard motorcycle rides of the Nordschleife.

Manufacturers use the Nordschleife to test handling and durability:

Nurburgring Nordschleife is the most dangerous track anywhere in the world.

Enjoy
[Reply]
Dayze 11:51 PM 02-27-2014
JFC :-)

(avoid being next to BigDaddy whilst watching this - for obvious reasons)

Love the 'orange peel' on the rear tire at the very beginning. :-) I've explained this to the wife a few times until she finally understood it after seeing my tire before, and after a track day (though not nearly to the degree, and to the sidewall extreme of the vid). :-)

What's also crazy is there at the end, you can hear that motor keep pulling after she's already going like a raped ape.
Nothing like hitting the rev limiter in 6th gear on a ZX10. Mother of christ.

Room for error on that track 10%.
Room for error on that track on a bike: 1%

....that track is scary as shit in a car. That track is LONG and sick. You hear that name and instantly go "whoa" regardless of 'how' you're traversing the track. all the undulations in the track etc. I can't imagine rolling through that on any bike other than an expertly training suspension.

even then, I'd have to make sure my life insurance policy was up to date and that I was riding on the Monday after the Chiefs 1st playoff loss.
[Reply]
Dylan 01:26 AM 02-28-2014
JFC :-)

Love the 'orange peel' on the rear tire at the very beginning. :-) I've explained this to the wife a few times until she finally understood it after seeing my tire before, and after a track day. :-)

....that track is scary as shit in a car. That track is LONG and sick. You hear that name and instantly go "whoa" regardless of 'how' you're traversing the track. all the undulations in the track etc. I can't imagine rolling through that on any bike other than an expertly training suspension.

even then, I'd have to make sure my life insurance policy was up to date and that I was riding on the Monday after the Chiefs 1st playoff loss.
Dayze:

The video is legendary among racing enthusiasts because of the driver’s eye view of the track.

I was hesitant to post it - Therefore, I am glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 172
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up