ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 172
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:28 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I rode from Phoenix to Denver in one day.

Left @4am, arrived in Denver @ 8pm.

809 miles.

The last 100 miles was excruciatingly brutal.
I am a 300ish a mile guy at my age on that bike BTW. That's nuts.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:04 PM 04-23-2021
next time get a Concours.

Originally Posted by Dayze:
damn. yeah, I think the most I've done in a day is probably right at 600 / 650.
Same here....that last hour / hour and a half was just awful. You absolutely can't get into a position that doesn't make you ache or cramp up.

My brother rode his softail night train all the way back to Olathe from Sturgis n one shot a few years back; I remember like a week after he returned hitting him if he wanted to pop out for a quick ride and he said "no". lol. He said he didn't ride it again for like a solid 3 weeks. :-).

I did a 400 mile day on my old CBR600RR.....now THAT was a tortue rack. I couldn't move for a week afterwards. Made the mistake of going on a ride with a few people from work who were all riding BMW 1200 RT's :-).

[Reply]
Dayze 05:54 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I've got a N1k now. I can ride all day on it no problem. Before the N1k, I was heavily leaning towards the FJ09, but had a soft spot for Kawi since my '03 Ninja 600 (RIP)

my full on sport bike days are over; unless of course I get one as a 2nd bike to hooligan around on occasionally. Hell, I realized y hyper sport days were over when I sold my CBR back in probably 2011.

Hell, the N1k is more comfortable than both my street glides. those bikes killed me between the shoulders and my lower back. Loved them, but got beat up on them as well on long rides. The Ninja is right in that sweet spot ergonomically.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:18 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
GREAT tour bike on so many levels. Horsepower, comfort, handling and on and on.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:55 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
GREAT tour bike on so many levels. Horsepower, comfort, handling and on and on.
Yup

FJR1300 is a sweet do it all bike as well.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:59 PM 04-27-2021
So I recently was given a laptop to work from home a couple of days a week. But now it's riding season and today I discovered that the laptop doesn't quite fit in the saddlebag of my 2013 Road King.

Anyone have some experience with this?

Any recommendations on a good quality laptop backpack for riding a motorcycle?

I'm looking at maybe this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5ad83a90c&th=1

This one looks okay but I'm not sure how water resistant it is. And I'm always a little weary of items that look to be cheap, Chinese made.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...baa474ca7&th=1

As for the first one, my work will reimburse for this buy they only want us to go up to $35. however, I am willing to spend the extra if it means getting a quality backpack that will last several years.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:48 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So I recently was given a laptop to work from home a couple of days a week. But now it's riding season and today I discovered that the laptop doesn't quite fit in the saddlebag of my 2013 Road King.

Anyone have some experience with this?

Any recommendations on a good quality laptop backpack for riding a motorcycle?

I'm looking at maybe this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5ad83a90c&th=1

This one looks okay but I'm not sure how water resistant it is. And I'm always a little weary of items that look to be cheap, Chinese made.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...baa474ca7&th=1

As for the first one, my work will reimburse for this buy they only want us to go up to $35. however, I am willing to spend the extra if it means getting a quality backpack that will last several years.
hardbags on the RK? I used to stuff my backpack w/ work laptop into the bags of the Street Glides. The times my bag was too stuffed with other crap, I'd bungee it to the backseat/backrest.

:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 05:25 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
hardbags on the RK? I used to stuff my backpack w/ work laptop into the bags of the Street Glides. The times my bag was too stuffed with other crap, I'd bungee it to the backseat/backrest.

:-)
Yeah, hard bags. I had to bungee it to the back seat today. I just don't feel comfortable continuing to do that.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:16 AM 04-28-2021
Yeah, hard bags. I had to bungee it to the back seat today. I just don't feel comfortable continuing to do that.
Hmmm. wonder if the dimensions of the bags changed. I remember my bag w/ lap top was a snug fit on my '09 and my 13 SG.

some of the modern motorcycle backpacks are legit / comfortable. I've thought about getting one designed for a laptop / commute as well. I just don't commute as much as I used to, but it would be nice to have on the days I decide to ride in.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:34 AM 04-28-2021
Find a good weather resistant backpack that you can strap to the backrest. If you can get a backrest with a luggage rack it helps a ton. I just use packs I got in the military, one I like is 5.11 24Rush pack, it is a good do it all pack.

https://www.511tactical.com/rush24-2-0-backpack.html
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:59 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Find a good weather resistant backpack that you can strap to the backrest. If you can get a backrest with a luggage rack it helps a ton. I just use packs I got in the military, one I like is 5.11 24Rush pack, it is a good do it all pack.

Nice.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:08 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:

I do have a backrest and luggage rack. Though I don't usually have those on the bike because I like the slimmer look. Only put those on when the old lady and I are taking a trip. Also have the luggage pack but it wasn't designed for a laptop. I really need one with a laptop sleeve.

I like that back pack. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:29 AM 04-28-2021
I've been thinking about getting into a motorcycle lately. I have zero experience riding, and am mainly looking for something fun to tool around town on (and the occasional highway jaunt). I'm a bigger dude, and options seem pretty limited for good beginner bikes that will be comfortable at my size/height. Any suggestions? I've been looking at a Yamaha V Star 950, as I've heard that's a reasonable place to start for a beginner with the height issues I have.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:33 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I've been thinking about getting into a motorcycle lately. I have zero experience riding, and am mainly looking for something fun to tool around town on (and the occasional highway jaunt). I'm a bigger dude, and options seem pretty limited for good beginner bikes that will be comfortable at my size/height. Any suggestions? I've been looking at a Yamaha 950, as I've heard that's a reasonable place to start for a beginner with the height issues I have.
I don't know how big you mean by "bigger dude" but I started on a 2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750. Not too big and powerful but big enough. Great bike to learn how to ride. I would strongly recommend you take a riding class. I don't know what your area has but in Topeka, we have the option of the Harley Davidson shop run class. It was about $300 last I knew but that was several year ago. There is also one that that another organization runs on Saturday mornings at a local high school and it is about $200 last I knew.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:36 AM 04-28-2021
I don't know how big you mean by "bigger dude" but I started on a 2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750. Not too big and powerful but big enough. Great bike to learn how to ride. I would strongly recommend you take a riding class. I don't know what your area has but in Topeka, we have the option of the Harley Davidson shop run class. It was about $300 last I knew but that was several year ago. There is also one that that another organization runs on Saturday mornings at a local high school and it is about $200 last I knew.
Thanks for the info. I've sat on a Shadow (don't remember much about it other than it was a Honda Shadow) and it felt small. I'm about 6'3", 325. I will definitely take a class - have seen the ones you're talking about in Top City, but I may go with a cheaper version over in the KC area.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 172
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171 > Last »
Up