ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 172
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 09:33 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I've seen videos of some of the rides through Tail of the Dragon (Deal's Gap in particular) where people are being morons. I can see why they have so many accidents. I'm hoping if we are able to do it on a weekday that it might not be as bad. I've had a lot of fun on my bike, but I won't be riding that road like it's a timed lap.

I was able to do a two week ride out West a few years back. I went through Yellowstone, which although beautiful, is downright hazardous on a motorcycle. Low visibility with all the campers in front of you, and traffic suddenly coming to a halt whenever someone sees a bear. It's probably the only time I'd wished I was in a car on a sunny day.
exactly. That's exactly my plan if/ wen I ever go.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:00 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
My wife comes from sportbikes only. All she ever knew. She was nervous about the weight and height of the 883 but fell in love quick, great little bikes.
Right on... I'm hoping my wife and son find the same. I'm sure the son will, but the wife will have to make that decision as she progresses through the classes and beginning to ride.
[Reply]
stanleychief 02:10 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
MO 125 near Branson ( I think), was awesome. it ends up at a dead end at Peel Ferry (I think) to take across Bull Shoals Lake.

great ride.
I have done that route, and it was fun, until... we hit a detour, which wasn't marked until we were right next to the ferry. It took us about 50 miles out of the way! We took the long way to Eureka Springs from Branson. It was a great ride. I'm glad it wasn't super hot when we did that trip, because the ferry took about 30 mins to pick us up. Not sure if that's normal or not.

[Reply]
Dayze 06:41 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Looking for police free zones in Texas now if anyone wants to ride. Fort Worth area.
Did you move? I thought I remember you being a CA guy.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:50 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
GTFO, that would be awesome.
I'll bring my chopper down with me & get ahold of Monty(Gold Wing) and we can hook up in Plano or somewhere thereabouts.

:-)
[Reply]
Dayze 06:53 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I have done that route, and it was fun, until... we hit a detour, which wasn't marked until we were right next to the ferry. It took us about 50 miles out of the way! We took the long way to Eureka Springs from Branson. It was a great ride. I'm glad it wasn't super hot when we did that trip, because the ferry took about 30 mins to pick us up. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Yeah, when we rode it, we went down for some new bike rally that popped up; Ozark Mountain Thunder Rally or something. It was only a thing for a few years. we headed out on a Saturday morning and just grabbed our phone while the bikes were warming up and looked for a curvy road. "125". Cool, let's do it. We had zero clue there was a dead end / ferry scenario lol.

We make our way across the lake with maybe 5 or so other bikes; we get to the other side, and all the workers who were working the ferry, hopped off and ran to their cars to rollup the windows. My brother goes "do they know something we don't? It was hot as hell that day; I peeled off my shirt and dunked it in the lake and put it back on. about a mile down the road, the sky absolutely opened up and absolutely poured rain. we had to find a place to pull over.
Managed to find a little spot that was likely a small tiny little gas station near the interchange off the road from the lake; but now was on someone's property.

We pulled in, and I was nervous as it had private property signs; sure enough after about 10 minutes under the little gas station roof over the old pumps, the owner pulls in; I ran out and said "hey, sorry man. we quickly pulled over and didn't notice your signs; we can move". Old guy was cool and said "nah..you're aight. you boys ride safe out there". Rain finally passed. Made for a fun day trip.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:28 PM 04-21-2021
The wife's/son's learn-to-ride ride.

[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:37 PM 04-21-2021
When any of you ride anywhere near St. Louis. You’ve at least got a partial riding buddy, or an extra bed to stay at. Hit me up. Seriously. Love to hang, ride, eat and/or have a drink with any of you.

I’m doing tail of the dragon the weekend of may 14-16. Welcome to join that too. We’re staying in Nashville before and after (probably). Because 600 miles in one day can go fuck itself. Done it too many times. Lol.

Side note, got a new derby cover I haven’t put on yet.....
Attached: 0D3538BB-80F1-4C6E-A70E-E174443D70F3.jpg (68.9 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:01 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
When any of you ride anywhere near St. Louis. You’ve at least got a partial riding buddy, or an extra bed to stay at. Hit me up. Seriously. Love to hang, ride, eat and/or have a drink with any of you.

I’m doing tail of the dragon the weekend of may 14-16. Welcome to join that too. We’re staying in Nashville before and after (probably). Because 600 miles in one day can go fuck itself. Done it too many times. Lol.

Right on...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:33 PM 04-22-2021
Put on about 200 miles in eastern IN and western OH today. got a little chilled at less than 50 degree temps
[Reply]
Dayze 01:04 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:

I’m doing tail of the dragon the weekend of may 14-16. Welcome to join that too. We’re staying in Nashville before and after (probably). Because 600 miles in one day can go **** itself. Done it too many times. Lol.

Same here.
been there, done that. :-)
Pass.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:28 PM 04-23-2021
Same here.
been there, done that. :-)
Pass.
I rode from Phoenix to Denver in one day.

Left @4am, arrived in Denver @ 8pm.

809 miles.

The last 100 miles was excruciatingly brutal.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:01 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I rode from Phoenix to Denver in one day.

Left @4am, arrived in Denver @ 8pm.

809 miles.

The last 100 miles was excruciatingly brutal.
damn. yeah, I think the most I've done in a day is probably right at 600 / 650.
Same here....that last hour / hour and a half was just awful. You absolutely can't get into a position that doesn't make you ache or cramp up.

My brother rode his softail night train all the way back to Olathe from Sturgis n one shot a few years back; I remember like a week after he returned hitting him if he wanted to pop out for a quick ride and he said "no". lol. He said he didn't ride it again for like a solid 3 weeks. :-).

I did a 400 mile day on my old CBR600RR.....now THAT was a tortue rack. I couldn't move for a week afterwards. Made the mistake of going on a ride with a few people from work who were all riding BMW 1200 RT's :-).
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:25 PM 04-23-2021
Did you move? I thought I remember you being a CA guy.
Yes, out of the Peoples Republic after 35yrs. Norcal to be specific. A lot to love and the rides couldn't be better but it was time.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:27 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I'll bring my chopper down with me & get ahold of Monty(Gold Wing) and we can hook up in Plano or somewhere thereabouts.

On my ZX14 we will be some odd fellows but I would love to do it.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 172
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170 > Last »
Up