ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 172
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:01 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Those Kaw Mach III's were incredible.
Saw one on Craigslist here in Iowa the other day. Said it was mint and wanted $6500. By the time I called it was sold. I thought that price was way high.

Like the color scheme though.
I’ve ridden more powerful bikes, ridden much quicker/faster bikes, but I've ridden very few as intensely psychotic as that old motorcycling buddies H2.
I see him every once in a while, we still talk about that thing.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 02:40 PM 09-12-2013
The Kawasaki 500 Mach III was a badass bike for it's time. here's a cool timeline page;

http://www.motorshopdemammoet.com/kawasaki_history.htm
[Reply]
Lzen 02:58 PM 09-12-2013
A trooper of all drivers. :-) I wonder if he was texting.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/sta...yle-and-riders
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 03:05 PM 09-12-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:

wow. maybe a medical condition? or fell asleep?
[Reply]
Dayze 03:21 PM 09-12-2013
holy crap.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:14 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:

that's just ****ing SICKENING!
I am always always ALWAYS watching out for the other guy. I'll be damned if I won't forEVER more be looking in my rear view a HELLUVA lot MORE.
I shit you not. thanks for posting that. damn.....
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:32 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Oh yea, the two stroke 3 cylinders were Kawasaki’s intro to the muscle bike market, back before the EPA started killing off street legal two strokes. They were the Saturday Night Special of motorcycling, cheap and deadly.
Yea, they were very cool.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:35 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
You’re also talking a 4 cylinder vs. a v-twin, 2 cylinder.
well see there ya go. I am soooooo unmechanically knowledgeable it's embarrassing...but at least I'm honest about it.

my first bike was a 500 virago. I was much smaller then! it was OK for a starter, but it could barely run down the highway at 65. my brother had a Suzuki GS550E. we'd take off and I'd always smoke him off the line. but a mile down the road he'd blow by me like I was standing still. anyways I thought it was kinda weird that his was such a dog at the start yet it could run 75 down the hwy easy. so my dad starts looking at it and determines it's running on only 2 of 4 cylinders or 4 of 8 valves...or some shit like that (told you I'm totally not mechanical). apparently it'd run on half it's capability at low speed and open up at high speed. I came home the next day and my dad is white as a sheet. he'd taken the bike on a few test runs and then tweaked something or other it and took it out again and it scared the shit out of him. it was a dog no longer. no more smokin him off the line. that old thing would move. I'm guessing even though I had a 500 to his 550, he prolly had twice the power mine had.
first time I drove it was pretty damn close to the day I got rid of my 500 virago. there was just no comparison.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:40 AM 09-13-2013
Went to the Abate Labor Day Rally out at Lake Perry this year.

Great ****ing time.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:47 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
well see there ya go. I am soooooo unmechanically knowledgeable it's embarrassing...but at least I'm honest about it.

my first bike was a 500 virago. I was much smaller then! it was OK for a starter, but it could barely run down the highway at 65. my brother had a Suzuki GS550E. we'd take off and I'd always smoke him off the line. but a mile down the road he'd blow by me like I was standing still. anyways I thought it was kinda weird that his was such a dog at the start yet it could run 75 down the hwy easy. so my dad starts looking at it and determines it's running on only 2 of 4 cylinders or 4 of 8 valves...or some shit like that (told you I'm totally not mechanical). apparently it'd run on half it's capability at low speed and open up at high speed. I came home the next day and my dad is white as a sheet. he'd taken the bike on a few test runs and then tweaked something or other it and took it out again and it scared the shit out of him. it was a dog no longer. no more smokin him off the line. that old thing would move. I'm guessing even though I had a 500 to his 550, he prolly had twice the power mine had.
first time I drove it was pretty damn close to the day I got rid of my 500 virago. there was just no comparison.
If you could smoke anything off the line with a Virago, then there was obviously something wrong with the other bike. The Virago might have been the slowest motorcycle ever produced.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:58 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
If you could smoke anything off the line with a Virago, then there was obviously something wrong with the other bike. .
:-) Truth
[Reply]
Radar Chief 12:24 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
If you could smoke anything off the line with a Virago, then there was obviously something wrong with the other bike. The Virago might have been the slowest motorcycle ever produced.
That would be the Honda Twin Star 200.
It’s what I took Cycle Ed on.
We called it “hillbilly cruise control” because going down the highway you could pin the throttle and not worry about doing more than about 55-60 MPH.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:40 PM 09-13-2013
My bike has been in the shop for over two weeks now because my headlights went out and I am blowing fuses. I don't know why the manufacturers don't spend a few more $$$$ on the electrical on these bikes. I can't remember the last bike I didn't have this problem with. Missed a lot of good riding.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:42 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
My bike has been in the shop for over two weeks now because my headlights went out and I am blowing fuses. I don't know why the manufacturers don't spend a few more $$$$ on the electrical on these bikes. I can't remember the last bike I didn't have this problem with. Missed a lot of good riding.
I have never fixed one single thing on my 02 shadow sabre. not one thing!
oil and rubber. that sob starts every damn time.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:44 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I have never fixed one single thing on my 02 shadow sabre. not one thing!
oil and rubber. that sob starts every damn time.
Unfortunately the 02 shadow sabre is not on my most wanted list. :-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 172
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up