ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 172
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:14 PM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah...screw that MMI route :-)
SO many bad reviews.

maybe it's CDL time. there's a private local school that is about 3 weeks; still having a hard time figuring out how much that school costs etc. and need to do a lot of research on the posibility of driving locally or dedicated runs. Don't think I could be out for 10 days with 1 day at home etc. I suspect the dedicated runs/local jobs are the prime ones. Id be happy driving a god damn Pepsi tuck around town all day and home every night or like every other night etc.
My buddy did the cdl school thing, then got fucked on shitty jobs.

Two years of shit at least he said and dod something else
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:19 PM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by Ace Gunner:
cool bike, not real keen on that fork brace config... wouldn't it change rake when the fork compresses ?
I would think so, unless there are cams at the mounting points.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:50 PM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
My buddy did the cdl school thing, then got fucked on shitty jobs.

Two years of shit at least he said and dod something else
good to know. gracias.
[Reply]
Scorp 09:56 PM 01-26-2015
good to know. gracias.
Yeah don't do the trucker thing. I just quit doing that shit. Find another profession Truck driving is a terrible profession. I mean terrible.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:17 PM 01-26-2015
Diesel mechanic is a damn good paying job..I'm pretty sure they are in pretty high demand too..lots of good tech schools for it too
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:08 PM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I rode to work today too... But it's only about 10 minutes each way.
My 10 minute ride to work turns into at least an hour when I take the bike....
[Reply]
Dayze 12:11 AM 01-27-2015
sounds like me when I tell the wife "honey, I'll be right back. I"m gonna go get a can of chew"

come back about 2 hours later. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:07 AM 01-27-2015
Only did about 4500 this past summer, but I ended up not doing any long rides all year (every time i had one scheduled something with work got in the way).

I had planned on going to BBB, several Cassodays, and a few rides down around springfield\Joplin... each time shit came up with work.... so frustrating.

I remedied that - got a position (start April 1st). I'll be able to hit up a few with you this year, Dayze... gotta break in the new WG.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:39 AM 01-27-2015
:-)

yeah, if you've never ridden the roads in SW MO or Arkansas....you definitely need to get down there for BBB. It's life altering for a biker lol. Take the best 3 mile stretch of curves we have up here....multiply it by 100, and then do that for miles and miles and miles on end.

As it warms up, we'll need to hook up again for a quick ride or bike night.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:07 AM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I think I put in around 13-14k last year..plan on going lots more next year
That's a good amount of riding. I imagine I will be pretty close to the same.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:43 AM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I absolutley love it. I highly recommend it over any other bike in it's class. Only negative, is finding aftermarket parts. They are a bit harder to find comparded to HD.
Was looking around and found a aftermarket website for Victory

http://buywitchdoctors.com/c/154/vic...oads-hardball/

Didn't know if you knew about it or not..figured I would let you know in case you didn't
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:05 PM 01-27-2015

yeah, if you've never ridden the roads in SW MO or Arkansas....you definitely need to get down there for BBB. It's life altering for a biker lol. Take the best 3 mile stretch of curves we have up here....multiply it by 100, and then do that for miles and miles and miles on end.

Definitely, do it again for sure. I've rode down to springfield and monett before, but not gone further south than that.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 12:26 PM 01-27-2015

QFT

When I go to BBB, there's a couple hours actually spent at the rally, but the rest of the time is spent riding. Its the same thing every time. Blast down 71 until we can't take it anymore, and start heading southeast through the ozarks. The pig trail runs south out of Eureka Springs, and should be on the bucket list right next to the Dragon.
[Reply]
seaofred 12:50 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Was looking around and found a aftermarket website for Victory

http://buywitchdoctors.com/c/154/vic...oads-hardball/

Didn't know if you knew about it or not..figured I would let you know in case you didn't
Yeah, I found that site. I looked at their exhaust and they had the V&H as the same price as Ebay, but they didn't have free shipping. I'm also a member on the Victory Forums and I've found a bit more after market stuff with them, but nothing like HD.
[Reply]
seaofred 12:52 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by Zeke:
Definitely, do it again for sure. I've rode down to springfield and monett before, but not gone further south than that.
If you get to Monett, your geting pretty close. I live in Cassville and we are only 18 miles south of Monett on 37 hwy. Your pretty close to the good riding area there.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 172
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Up