ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 172
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 04:02 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
hi Dayze - how do you feel about BMW bikes?
excellent manufacturer. Rock solid motor. granted, the only riding I have done on them is when buddy of mine swapped with me for about 70 miles on some curvy roads down in Jasonsauto's neck of the woods in Clinton MO-ish. I had a CBR600RR and he had a RT1200 I believe (it was a twin, and I think the 1600 class in a inline 4 o 6). That thing was a blast to ride. flicked over effortlessly. had all the gadgets that I suspect would make a longer road trip or touring that much more enjoyable. Plenty of power. Sounded awesome. the 1600 size motor would probably provide more power than you'd ever need for 2 up.

only challenge/thing to consider is your proximity to the nearest BMW dealership. Parts can be expensive, and so can labor (much like Ducati, Aprillia etc) if you have any shop work done. But shit, honestly, any more.....all shop labor is crazy expensive. so, I would't let that deter me. Initial cost can be more expensive than your metric/Japanese bikes; but they hold their value pretty well I think (seat of my pants opinion). Japanese bikes drop like a rock in value. So even though you might pay more for a HD, Duc, BMW etc, they don't lose their value as quickly. Used market can be tight, simply because there aren't as many. But, a good feeling knowing you would be buying from a guy that could afford to have bought it in the first place and most likely takes care of his shit.

I'd own a BMW in a heartbeat. *and I'm a HD guy lol*

you thinking of picking one up?:-)
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 04:22 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
hi Dayze - how do you feel about BMW bikes?

very dependable -- well designed, but not as bang/sporty-for-the-buck as their autos. They make several types of cycle -- they are considered pioneers of the large capacity all terrain enduro hybrid, like this one;

and they are popular among the highway cruiser crowd;

a fav of theirs you may like to have is;

and they do build street racers;

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:53 PM 01-24-2015
Anybody here have any experience with a Harley Road King..I found a 2000 with 23000 miles, fuel injected, lots of aftermarket Harley parts on it..the guy only wants $8500 for it..it's a beautiful bike and runs smoothly
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 05:16 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
Anybody here have any experience with a Harley Road King..I found a 2000 with 23000 miles, fuel injected, lots of aftermarket Harley parts on it..the guy only wants $8500 for it..it's a beautiful bike and runs smoothly
that seems too much for a 15-year-old bike with 22km. just a quick search on ebay, I found a '09 RK with <9k miles for BIN $9700

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...US_motorcycles
[Reply]
stevieray 05:17 PM 01-24-2015
Jerry Lee Lewis' 1959 FLH Duo Glide just sold at auction for $340K

..with only a little over 2k miles.

:-)
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 05:32 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Jerry Lee Lewis' 1959 FLH Duo Glide just sold at auction for $340K

..with only a little over 2k miles.

too much for a kick-start cycle (;
[Reply]
stevieray 05:33 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Ace Gunner:
too much for a kick-start cycle (;

[Reply]
Ace Gunner 05:33 PM 01-24-2015
also, I imagine it's hard to get a ride in when you're dead.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:35 PM 01-24-2015
also, I imagine it's hard to get a ride in when you're dead.
JLL is 79
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 05:36 PM 01-24-2015
hahaha -- a quick google and I find out he's still alive... I'd have expected he died in richard pryor's crack castle...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:41 PM 01-24-2015
that seems too much for a 15-year-old bike with 22km. just a quick search on ebay, I found a '09 RK with <9k miles for BIN $9700

Well..I guess I will be doing a lot more research..thank you
[Reply]
Dayze 05:51 PM 01-24-2015

yeah, but also has a rebuilt title it looks like. which often times isn't a big deal mechanically; but if you (not necessarily 'you' per se etc) can also basically cut the value of the bike in half or more. if you do buy one...you'll have to pay cash as I don't think banks will finance against it and insurance typically won't do full coveage. also, selling it would be a royal pain in the ass IMO.

not correcting you Ace Gunner; just pointing it out to anyone who might not know about the collossal PITA buying or selling a bik/auto with a salvage/rebuilt title s.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:56 PM 01-24-2015
IMO, he $8500 for a low mileage RK, with lots of after market goodies isn't a bad deal at all. (haven't researched prices or anything...just a gut feeling) . suspect it could be had for that 7500-sub 8k range.

this is always makes shopping for HD such a chore at times...such a WIDE range of values for used bikes. It does, however, (off topic) crack me up when people will say a particular bike has $15k in upgrades, but he's selling for below NADA! lol. well duh. anyone who has ever had cars or bikes as hobbies knows going into it that any money you put into it in after maket shit is pretty much gone from the get go to never be recovered.
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 06:05 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah, but also has a rebuilt title it looks like. which often times isn't a big deal; but if you (not necessarily 'you' per se etc) buy one...you'll have to pay cash as I don't think banks will finance against it. also, selling it would be a royal pain in the ass IMO.
nice catch -- I should probably stay out of this because HD cruisers (and JLL's) have always been out of my scope, really.

mac459, do your research and take your time -- to me, that's a huge part of the fun when pursuing a new (be it used) ride (:

Here's a RK search link to ebay;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ng&_sacat=6000
[Reply]
seaofred 02:35 PM 01-26-2015
This is from last week, before the new exhaust, but like this picture. If you guys get the change, SWMO is great for bike riding. [IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Page 104 of 172
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154 > Last »
Up